Notices

One Year And Under Club Part 69

Old 10-04-2021, 11:44 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks

LH (two weeks sober) here just catching up with comments:

Fishkiller there is not one good reason for people like us to drink. Very true. I’ve adopted this saying for myself, and on my October class, I read it somewhere on here, maybe it was from you, good comment thanks for posting!!

dickensen well done on 202 or as it will be probably today 203. Get in!

Introvert well done on 9 months and three day (or 9 and 4 it probably is now) The best I managed ten years ago was 8.5 months.

toots where is Scotland do you live half the time? Few of us brits kicking about on sr ey

Polaroid thanks for sharing your sober date night story

TTB nice to see you and wd on 11 days
Old 10-04-2021, 12:55 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome TTB
good luck at the doctors LH and at work listae

D
Old 10-04-2021, 01:07 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Welcome TTB and LH
Nice to see the Undies hive buzzing like this...Purps is doing a good PR job as always!

Have a good day ☼
Old 10-04-2021, 01:27 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

Awesome job on recruiting new Undies Purps! Way to go
I went away camping for the weekend and came home to find the Undies zipping along at a great rate of knots
Welcome to everyone. It’s so good to see you all here

This is a great place for ongoing support. Toots does a fantastic job lending support to everyone here, and so do plenty of other Overs who pop in to give support too. Thanks everyone
Old 10-04-2021, 05:56 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Aww, shucks it was nothin'

Welcome TTB!
Old 10-04-2021, 07:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Magsie

LeadHatter, hope all goes well at the docs. I think booze can cause a lot of health probs (I usually swept them under the carpet when I drank. I didn’t want anything to come between me and the booze) crazy hey

I’m from North Lincolnshire in England, 63 years young woman! I’m sure that’s wrong, where did the years go? The years have flown by and sadly I was a functioning alcoholic for many of them.

My only regret…that I didn’t stop years ago. Thinking there was no life without booze was a big mistake, probably a lie whispered to me by my AV.

Stick with it and ride the waves. There may be some bigger waves come along but with practice you can overcome them. It really is worth it.

Have a good sober day. xxxx
Old 10-04-2021, 10:57 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Welcome TTB and congrats on bagging day 12 now!

Listae, I hope your first day went well, it's good to make new starts sober where no one has any history with you drinking.

LH we live in Dundee when in Scotland. I hope you get seen by the doc and get checked out. It's better to know what we're dealing with than have more worry.

Purps, thanks again for bringing life back to the thread.

Willow, I hope you enjoyed another weekend away!

Mags, time plays tricks on us all!

I'm off to play golf in a Presidents Day competition shortly. I'm not a great golfer but it's a passion hubby and I share.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Magsie

Enjoy your golf toots.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:17 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

So I called the doctor

Thanks for your concerns, well wishes etc regarding my heart health. I’ve booked a telephone appointment for today. Because of corona you can’t physically see a doctor until they have done a triage over the telephone first. Anyhow the ball is rolling.

I had my blood pressure tested today at a not directly related appointment (this one a regular health check) and it was down very slightly but not as much as i had hoped for. Maybe as my sober time continues it will go down further? I do excercise and eat well.

What do yall think about cognition? I tried to study for an online qualification 4 months back or so but had to abandon it as my memory of the course material was poor. Do you think longer Sobriety may help with that?

Oh I found out today I’ve lost a kilo (2.2 pounds) in a month so that was nice.

Best wishes to all my year and under roomies and all those adding their esh and support.

toots enjoy your golf
Old 10-05-2021, 06:32 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Magsie

LeadHatter, well done on the weight loss!
I think the longer you’re sober the more clearer things become. Give it time. We’re all different. It took me a while to get my head right when I got sober.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:48 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hello fellow "Undies". I am a mother of 3 grown children and have a 5 year old granddaughter. I have been sober for 292 days. I suffer from PAWS. Mostly a rocking dizziness sensation, anhedonia, depression, some anxiety, health anxiety and an internal tremor. Other symptoms have gone away like numbness and tingling and insomnia. I have been to lots of docs and had lots of tests done. No conclusions except the Neurologist says my CNS is recalibrating. I am active on the Morning Grats, Weekenders and the PAWS thread. Also finding comfort on the Benzo Buddies site because I have taken benzos over the years and in early sobriety. SR has been a huge part of my success so far in sobriety along with family support and a therapist. I will try to check in here more often! This journey has been way more difficult than I ever expected. I tried moderating my drinking many times in the past decade but it never worked. Once I opened the wine bottle it was finished and then some most nights. So happy to be sober and trying to hold out hope that I will feel better soon.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:53 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Lead, Sobriety and exercise provide great health benefits such as weight loss and lower blood pressure. Go for it one day at a time.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:57 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

CBS, Thanks for your commentary. Congratulations on 292 days. Hang in there with sobriety one day at a time. You body and brain is on the mend.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:35 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks CBS thanks dickenson
Old 10-05-2021, 12:57 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Any loss of cognition will come back if my experience is any guide LH.
2 weeks is great but your mind and body will still be healing right now…at 3 months I felt pretty normal although I kept improving after that point.

welcome CBS!

D
Old 10-05-2021, 08:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi CBS good to see you here
Old 10-06-2021, 05:32 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Feel a bit down this afternoon. Too many problems and not enough solutions I guess. Guess I should pass my worries to my HP. I had someone comment on a mental health forum about my sobriety, I had shared my sobriety news on that forum and they didn’t say anything nasty but it made me feel vulnerable. Also after commenting on the forum I felt suddenly under some pressure to continue being sober and felt a little judged.

Anyhow maybe I will take a walk.

Mags1 and Dee thanks for the encouragement. CBS sorry to hear your having lots of PAWS stuff. Where is the Weekenders thread?
Old 10-06-2021, 11:40 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Magsie

LeadHatter, sometimes it’s easier to pass things to our HP. We don’t always have the answers straight away but stops us worrying about it. Here’s the link to the Weekenders thread.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2021-a.html (Regret & Remorse - Do they, will they ever go away? Weekenders 01 -04 October 2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 01:04 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags. I do know to pass problems concerns worries desires etc to my HP. Its a habit that will reenforce itself with time i guess. I forget sometimes though lol. Wishing you a good day LH
Old 10-06-2021, 11:19 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning from a just getting light U.K.

LeadHatter I always tried to sort my own problems (and the rest of the worlds too (lol) until I read something Dee wrote once. I can’t remember exact words but it was ‘giving up job of master of the universe’. I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

I couldn’t worry for everyone and everything and look after me too! So I began to look after ‘my side of the street’ .
It helped.

If anyone is struggling please shout out. Don’t feel silly or shy. Just writing it down helps sometimes.

Have a good sober Thursday xxxx