Notices

One Year And Under Club Part 69

Old 10-07-2021, 01:25 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

CBS sorry you struggled with PAWS it affected me and my classmates differently but at around the same time. It's good to be able to put a name to the strange changes that occur.

LH as I said previously, we are very fragile to criticism and perceived criticism in early recovery and can often over react to it. It sounds like you did the right thing and let go your hurt.
It is too easy to care too much for what others say about us, tbh, the older I get, the less I care (unless it's something nice then I do a little jig ) often when people comment on our sobriety it comes from where they are: either they have a drink issue themselves, or they are judgemental of addiction. In either case, they have their baggage to carry, you are not their porter.

Keep on keeping on Undies!
Old 10-07-2021, 04:43 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

LH - I find your commitment to self care so very inspiring. I am personally struggling w adding another (more professional) layer of support. I intellectually know there is more for me to unpack, but that next step has been hard to take. I am constantly inspired and grateful to those of you who share your challenges and successes as you add more layers of support around yourselves.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
Old 10-07-2021, 05:06 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I agree about the "my side of the street" method....I don't like to give advice and sound bossy ('cause I don't like when people do it to me, Lol) so I figure if I focus on improving myself, maybe I can be a good example. Plus it helps keep me accountable.... Better than not practicing what we preach, right?
Old 10-07-2021, 03:02 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
TTB

Sorry you had to experience that LH. We won't judge you!!! Stay strong! Wishing you a great day!
TTB
Old 10-08-2021, 12:34 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

One of the things I love here on SR is the non-judgemental support we get from others who can understand something of what we are going through. I feel the saying 'walk a mile in another mans shoes before you judge him' is a pretty good one to live by.
Old 10-08-2021, 02:37 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Toots and TTB and everyone I think from now on I’m going to keep my posts on sobriety to here and AA. I feel like although most will probably help on the mental health forum (sidebyside.mind.org.uk) some may judge. So a simple solution there!! Polaroid3 please take the next step of self care. In addition to heart and diabetes stuff which I already chased up I need to chase up psoriasis stuff and stuff about sweating (I sweat a lot not sure if it’s a normal amount). I think I’ll chase the psoriasis today and the sweating tomorrow.

Arnt mornings busy!!:. I have to get up, have a shower, wash my face, brush my teeth, get dressed, iron my shirt, take my tablets, put on my psoriasis cream, check my blood pressure, then get breakfast. Whew!

Therapy for me today at 1pm. I’ve been having it on a Microsoft teams meeting for ages but only one session in the last six weeks. It will probably go at least ok. Feel a bit better today after I called a crisis line yesterday. Not sure if I was in a crisis just very depressed, anyhow they helped me.

I bought a flower yesterday called on the label bromeliana that’s supposed to filter toxins out of the air and thus help mental health of nearby humans, that’s the claim. Can’t seem to find that exact name mentioned online though. Oh I’m day 18.
Old 10-08-2021, 02:54 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good solution LH ~ Nice work on 18 days!

Side note: I hope my previous post doesn't come cross the wrong way....by people being bossy I didn't mean anyone here on SR....I was referring to jerks I encountered in the physical world. Sorry if it caused any confusion!

There I go overanalyzing again.....anyway, hope all is well with everyone
Old 10-08-2021, 07:13 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
TTB

I downloaded an App on my phone to help me track my progress. I am a geek like that. It's tracking days, hours, etc and also calories and money saved. Here are my stats as of this post..if anyone is interested in the app just let me know.

15 Days
9 Hours
27 Minutes
55 Seconds

$465.00 saved
29,475 calories avoided

Astounding numbers.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:37 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Nice work TTB ~ It adds up quick!
Old 10-08-2021, 10:19 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

TTB I used to use a sobriety calculator in the early days, it does help to see that growth.

LH continue looking after yourself as you have been sweetie. My exh had psoriasis, it used to flare up when he was stressed. You are doing great.

Keep Strong Keep Safe Keep Sober my Undie friends
Old 10-09-2021, 01:42 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind words toots and Purpl.

So my therapy got postponed at short notice. Ok not great but many things in life cannot be controlled or influenced. What can we do? Control our reaction I guess. I did tell my therapist that although I understood the reasons for the postponement I was disappointed and would have rather had it at the original scheduled time.

Checking in here a little less often too I think as I was being a bit addictive about it. It’s the weekend here for me which means church and sport. Church for me at noon. I’m watching a tv program about soccer right now. Before I got sober would I be out of bed on a Saturday morning. No chance. My doctors surgery was too busy to see me yesterday and not open today so will sort psoriasis out Monday.

Day 19.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:46 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hello Undies. LH I understand the addiction comment. I am spending too much time on SR and BenzoBuddies. I need to check it maybe once a day but I have become a bit obsessed. Benzo Buddies is helping me because I did take benzos over the years occasionally and regularly (short term) in early sobriety to cope with withdrawal. But I regret it now. I am pretty sure it has contributed to my PAWS symptoms that I am still having at almost 10 months sober. But I find SR and BB so reassuring because there are people that have the same weird symptoms so I know I am not alone and probably not dying of some horrible disease. That feeling of doom is a PAWS symptom. Anyway, I better reduce the time I spend searching for reassurance and live my life.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:32 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

My SR addiction probably saved my life.
I spent hours, sometimes pretty much all day here in the beginning.
My thinking is if you feel the need to come here and post, look, read, whatever, then that is what you should probably do.
Don't give the AV an opening. " Oh I need to stay off of SR for a while" To me that is AV coming in the backdoor.
The AV loves to separate you from your support system.
Don't fall for it. Not all "addictions" are bad for us.

Just my opinion

Yall are doing great!
Keep up the good work
Old 10-09-2021, 08:59 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey fishkiller SR has saved me as well. I am not talking about staying off for a while but just limiting it to once day or so.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:12 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I’m very grateful to SR too
Old 10-09-2021, 10:14 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I understand what yall meant.
I just fear that once a day turns into every other and so on.
But I know everyone is different so don't think I am saying you are doing it wrong.
I am just relating my experience
Old 10-09-2021, 03:18 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

I agree Fish
From previous experience including multiple relapses, I know that I need to check in with SR as often as I feel the need/urge/want to. Sometimes on and off all day. In the morning, on all my breaks at work, when I get home from work, in the evening. It’s what keeps me sober, and that’s all important to me.
At times when I’ve loosened my connection with SR, it’s led to straying further away , and then allowing thoughts of drinking to creep in, and you can all figure out how that ended. Multiple times.

So now I check into SR whenever I feel like it. It keeps me off social media too, which I don’t really like.

And now I’m at 21 weeks sober, thanks to all of you here at SR
Old 10-09-2021, 03:34 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congrats on 21 weeks Willow thanks for checking in!!.
Old 10-09-2021, 04:19 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thanks LH
Old 10-09-2021, 04:55 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been through the 'is this much SR good for me' thing...
Turns out it is

D