Notices

One Year And Under Club Part 69

Old 12-21-2021, 04:30 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Intro, we will soon be seeing you in the Overs as another 'Undie-graduate'!

Polaroid, you are hitting the stage where PAWS can have some affect, I remember getting quite growly and snappy, very unlike me. Some of my classmates were going through some strange symptoms too and we eventually realised that's what it was! I sat hubby down and explained to him what was going on inside me and begged his patience. He was so proud of what I was doing that he persevered with me and only had to hide under the stairs a few times

Red, I know you suffer quite badly with early withdrawals so please look after yourself, plenty of nourishing food and praise.

Keep Strong through the Silly Season my friends
not to ask a lame question but what is PAWS?
Old 12-21-2021, 05:39 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Hope you’re feeling better soon Red
Old 12-21-2021, 05:45 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Polaroid3 View Post
not to ask a lame question but what is PAWS?
Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome
https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/

D
Old 12-21-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
thanks!
Old 12-21-2021, 11:45 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I hope Dees Info helps Polaroid. I never knew about PAWS either before I came here.

Thanks Dee

Red, hope you feel better soon. And the jealousy thing is quite normal, I remember feeling a bit like that when I slipped. Thing is you can only work on your own recovery and use your slip as a learning experience. Make sure you deal differently in a similar situation. We are all rooting for you!
Old 12-22-2021, 01:59 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

day 5

I feel like my normal sober self - not bad going after 4 days

good job my relapse was not all-in alcoholism (I quit when I got up to 8 x 500ml cans of 9% larger a day - that's 36 units - about a bottle and quarter of whisky - but I only did that for a few days at the end)

thanks for the kind words and encouragement :-)

well done if you did another day :-)
Old 12-23-2021, 06:15 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Day 19. I was doing well until a relapse. Back at it.
Old 12-23-2021, 06:46 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work Redcardid - one day at a time.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:21 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Good job redcardid and Alpine - glad to see yalll posting.

and I appreciate the info RE PAWS, very insightful. Day 95 here, about to wrap up the first part of our winter break, and I made it through without drinking, which would have been typical for me. So now refocusing on the next few days and visualizing a truckload of sparkling water in my hands thru the New Years. If anyone else is struggling the next few days know I will be too, but I’m not going to drink.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:32 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

day 6

my heart rate is still a bit elevated but otherwise plain sailing
it is such a relief not to be drinking at Christmas
last shop tomorrow and then I am all set

well done if you did another day :-)
Old 12-23-2021, 02:02 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

This is my first post in this thread. 16 days ago I started a 30 Day Experiment at This Naked Mind and I'm doing pretty good so far . I retired this year which took away the need for me to be sober enough to go to work in the morning, which was not a good thing! I'm getting to sleep easily now but not getting much of it yet. The nice thing is I wake up every morning with a clear mind and wide awake, which hasn't happened for me in a long time. I've been staying busy, going on walks, regular workouts, and work around the house (have plenty of projects on my to-do list).

I've been reading a lot about dealing with alcohol addiction here and on other sites and learning a lot. I've done this before but there are new ideas and perspectives out there now, some of which I'm finding really useful. I need to figure out what to do with all the time I have now in the evenings since I'm not drinking. Been getting a bit bored lately but I'll figure it out. The way I see it, if this is my biggest problem, I'm good with that!

All the best everyone!
Old 12-23-2021, 03:59 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Colin
D
Old 12-23-2021, 04:04 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Welcome Colin! I did the 30 day experiment too...I think it's great...that plus being here on SR has been my anchor.
Old 12-23-2021, 04:28 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Welcome Colin - this forum has been so helpful for me, I hope it is for you as well!!
Old 12-23-2021, 04:43 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

8 days and a wakeup till graduation to Overs!!

Old 12-23-2021, 06:51 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Welcome Colin! I did the 30 day experiment too...I think it's great...that plus being here on SR has been my anchor.
Thank you Purplrks3647 and Dee and Polaroid. Ya, I like TNM's twist on CBT and their information about alcohol addiction and beating it was great for me too. It was just what I needed to get me going when I decided to look online for help. I've also learned a lot from SR. There are a nice variety of concepts and tools out there that are new to me. I looked into the AV a bit earlier today and am going to dig into it and a couple of other things deeper. It's a fascinating way to look at it and I think I can work with it.

The thing I felt was missing from TNM was a forum and I think SR is going to take care of that for me too. The friendly, supportive and down to earth atmosphere here 'reeled' me in
Old 12-23-2021, 09:26 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Introvrtd1 View Post
8 days and a wakeup till graduation to Overs!!

woohoo!!!
Old 12-23-2021, 11:19 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Welcome Colin! Great to have you here with us

Well done Red, Alpine and Polaroid on your day counts!

And Intro! The countdown to joining the Overs in on! So exciting

Have a good Christmas undies and supporters
Old 12-23-2021, 11:55 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Welcome Colin, it sounds like you are making a project out of your recovery which is great The more you know, the more tools you can apply; and the more prepared you are, the better your chances of making it stick.

Alpine, Red, keep the focus on getting those days ending sober, you're doing great.

Polaroid I'm glad it helped sometimes just knowing what is happening in our brain can take some of the stress away from us. I know you will sparkle along with your water this holiday season!

Willow what are your holiday plans?

Indro, I've dusted down your seat and placed it in front of the fire ready for a hearty 'Overs' welcome!

The best present you can give yourselves this holiday is your sobriety, there may well be some tough times over the next few days, holidays can be pretty stressful at times, so have your plans for how to deal, make sure you get some 'me' time, and stick close to SR.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:14 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Thanks Toots. Your name makes me smile and laugh. Several years ago one of my patients that had significant dementia called me Toots one day. I asked her why she called me that and she laughed and said it was short for prostitute. LOL..I am the farthest thing from that..I always have at least shorts on over my bathing suit at the beach.