Hi overs -

on phone one handed so no caps or punctuation
I’ll return lines for new sentences

congrats mags on 8 years yay
Boo on your wrist
hope mr mags takes good care of you

hope the bread worked ok andy

Pj feel bettter

i made myself a stress prison by booking a trip to buy a house several months ago and I just cancelled it
I feel so much better not going even losing the airfare
silly me but thats one way I’ve grown in sobriety: taking ownership to make changes and look ahead to do better.

i feel so good cancelling the trip that I even had the energy to be on hold with the dmv for 2 and a half hours today to be able to pay them ha ha

sisk is busy making lots of cookies abs bday cakes to celebrate Santa’s bday
its fun to watch her pretend play
she loves to wrap and make the presents to give to other people as play so I get several make believe presents a week to unwrap from her

hope everyone has a good week
Old 07-22-2021, 10:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
The bread was okay but didn't develop the sourdough flavour. Home made Pizza today.

Door stops Toots, do you mean servants, what?

Have a jolly good day, what.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:56 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Perhaps if I share this stuff, some of it rubs off- and I might see it myself a little more the same as others do.
My counsellor from rehab- called to say he is resigning from the new merged service and was saying goodbye. He told me a while ago I was the hardest working client he ever had. On the phone he said he has developed a great deal of respect for me being so hard working, growing, not giving up and changing.
The Art School student counsellor, who I called today for a phone consul.t- being in lockdown which has really made the grief and sadness I feel about my hellish past and not seeing my sons, said even through the call (she has not seen me for about 18months) she feels pride for me, that I have noticeably grown, show self kindness through my actions, also I am very srtrong and resilient, 'amazing' in my growth and tyhat many she knows of with much less trauma- break.

I cannot process this stuff, still thinking of myself as a pile of refuse, bur do accept others see me differently.
I macde myself go for a walk, which am allowed to do with conditions under the lockdown rules.

Listening to Led Zep's The Song Remains the Same', and staying sane. Stupid pain never helps, but yet I live and grow.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:57 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

PJ, if you tell yourself enough you’re a pile of refuse, you will begin to believe it. Trust in people and what they’re saying about you. They’ve seen your successes and progress achievements.

Listen to what they’re saying. Those who have been on the recovery road with you in these years past know how good you are. Start believing. You deserve to think highly of yourself my friend.

Have a good FriYaY my friends. Be safe xxxx
Old 07-23-2021, 12:08 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Peej I thing it is easy to get into a negative frame of mind with ourselves but a lot harder to change it. For one thing, we remember the negatives from others, and I dare say there have been a lot of poisonous negatives in your life regarding your active drinking days. For another, we find it hard to forgive ourselves the destruction we wrought during our active addiction. We carry a burden of guilt it is difficult to put down knowing at the very least we hurt, neglected and lied to those we love. We find it hard to accept positive affirmation whilst we still feel unworthy.
Perhaps you need to come to more acceptance of your past letting go the guilt and regret, and move toward a future that may not include those you wished for, but one that you can be proud of because it is wholly of your making.
I found recovery the hardest thing I have ever done, and I still work at it daily, I remember daily why I need to be vigilant, I accept my weakness in allowing addiction to take over, but I know I have to move ever forward. I am rightly proud, as every one here should be of succeeding on my battle. I remember to look myself in the eye - something I couldn't do when I was drinking - smile, and say ' I love you Toots, thank you for finding the strength to do this.
Peej, you do need to see yourself the way those of us giving positive affirmation see you. You may once have been a weaker person, but now you have strength, honour and a great big heart.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:16 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

^^^^^
What they said.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:24 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

PJ, I've always been my harshest critic. My morning gratitude practice helps put me in the right frame of mind for the rest of the day. A regular positive thinking practice can work wonders. Personal growth is an inside job.

I've been stuck at 205 pounds for the past couple of weeks. I must admit that I've started cheating just a bit on my diet. I need to nip that in the bud before it gets out of hand. I've also gotten some good advice on amping up my exercise routine, so hopefully I can break thru the wall. I'd still like to lose 5-10 pounds. Some stubborn pockets of fat are not so willing to give up the ship!

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 07-23-2021, 03:20 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

PJ, Mags and Toots said it all so well. You have been (and still are) on a long journey. The start of it was not thoughtfully chosen but you have set the current direction of your journey and its purpose and continue on that path in ways that are amazing. Sometimes I find that telling myself that I am ok, that I’m a decent and caring person, etc. helps me to focus on the changes rather than the stuff I’d rather forget about.

Have a good day to all
Old 07-23-2021, 07:40 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

A lot of wonderful words- maybe a little has rubbed off...thanks
Old 07-23-2021, 10:46 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
We've got cloud but the heavy rain they threatened has not arrived ... yet.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:11 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

PJ, any time you need affirmation, just tell us. In addition to the addiction issues we all face, you have added physical and family dynamics. You are an inspiration for me

FBL, my weight always fluctuates by 2-3 pounds so I try not to stress too much. Perhaps it would work better to focus on the positive fact of all the weight you’ve lost rather than the pounds you wish you had?

I’m struggling with memory problems. I can compensate for now but I don’t expect that to last forever. I’m trying (not totally succeeding) to do what I can and accept what I can’t. Sometimes it’s hard. Balance in my life, attitudes and thinking is what I’m striving for.

Have a happy day
Old 07-24-2021, 08:07 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Overs

Sassy, you’re doing the best you can from all angles.

Have a good weekend my friends, be safe xxxx
Old 07-24-2021, 08:53 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

I'm facing a long day with some tough reading to do: a lease and beta reading for a book a friend wrote.

I did do a bit of yoga and went for a walk this morning so that is good.

I will read a couple more pages of the book, see if my Eye Doc's office is open and check my calendar.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:13 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:41 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks, Sassy! I'm not trying to obsess too much on my actual weight number. That said, there is something magical about being under 200 pounds. Probably just my ego talking, but I've been in "loss mode" for so long that it's hard to break away from that thinking. Your memory issues must be very scary. I have some family history with that issue, so that's why I try to stay as mentally active as possible. Since I quit drinking, I spend WAY less time vegged out in front of the boob tube, for instance.

Weather-wise, it's another hot one here, with a high of 95F expected! At least the humidity isn't quite so bad.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 07-25-2021, 05:24 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

FBL, I think I understand some of the issues with weight loss. I was slim until my forties when I was on large doses of corticosteroids and gained over 50 lbs on my then 5’2” frame. It has been a struggle ever since and I have realized that I will always need to be careful or it will pile on again. A lot of the problem for me was acceptance that I need to be always mindful about what and how much I eat. It is worth it!

have a good day and hi to Mags, Andy, Bekind, Dee and everyone else
Old 07-25-2021, 06:36 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Afternoon Overs

Our tv has given up the ghost. Mum-in-law has loaned us a spare she doesn’t use until we get sorted.

I could wiggle my fingers on my broken wrist hand, earlier. It’s a slow process but I’m getting there.

Have a good Sunday my friends xxxx
Old 07-25-2021, 08:35 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congrats on the finger wiggles Mags. Good stuff.

Welp, I'm off on another, not too much to do day. It won't be too hot which is good.

Here is a proposal for today's activities: read more of friend's book, pay verizon, attempt to zoom with siblings, do some yoga and strength training, write cover letter for anthem Blue Cross change of address.

May you all have a good Sunday.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:07 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

good about the wrist Mags. I still do physio on my burned hand...
Old 07-25-2021, 08:20 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
good about the wrist Mags. I still do physio on my burned hand...
PJ I know you said you wanted to be able to carry groceries and you can do that but are you still improving? Also that must have been so massively painful.