Notices

Class of May 2021 Support Thread Part 4

Old 07-16-2021, 03:09 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

And my omelettes of course.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:25 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I would really love your omelette recipe…..
But only if you are ok sharing it?
Old 07-16-2021, 03:28 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

It is mega simple and you have the right cheese there. OK...I have been saying this for ages....but I will write it out and add pics.....I am just about to make them for dinner now. xx

(You need a lid for your frying pan....that is the key.... ).
Old 07-16-2021, 03:29 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Yum thank you. No rush of course xxx
Old 07-17-2021, 08:25 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Oh love.....I do not think this young lady has all of her marbles. This is NUTS. And wrong and unfair in a lot of ways.

So that is what I think.

As for what to do?

One of two things I think....but both involve not responding to this text.

Either cancel completely, and don't go, but there are consequences to doing that that are pretty serious.
Or just go ahead as planned, and rise above.....but I don't know if I could do that. Sigh s
Old 07-17-2021, 08:40 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus, you would not have believed me unless I put the actual text down. Who would believe it? It is nuts.

I am leaving it alone for now. I am going to concentrate on Monday and what comes with my husband.

My son can enjoy that mess. My goodness...this is his life?
Old 07-17-2021, 10:16 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Iyiyi, Onething! She’s quite selfish, self obsessed, and can’t stand that she cannot control others. She’s the one setting the tone with being so confrontational. Maybe point out to her it’s just such communication that makes you want to avoid her. 😈. Kidding. I wouldn’t bother fanning those flames.

What V said about your choices.

FWIW, J and I paid for our rehearsal dinner. We both had good jobs, and his mother was not well off, and working her butt off to earn her pension and retire. Why would we expect her to pay for our event?
Old 07-17-2021, 10:32 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

I know Phoebe, they are in their late 30's and both have good jobs. Just because her mother insisted on paying for her wedding at her age, doesn't mean I am going to pay for anything. How can we even go to the rehearsal dinner knowing that she resents us now for not paying for it?

I am definitely just flummoxed by this whole thing.

Oh, I didn't mention that I did answer that text when I got it 😬. I just texted one word to her...Wow

Now in Lady speak we all know that wow means I can't believe you are that stupid.

That is about the only thing you can say to that is Wow.

I need a nap!
Old 07-17-2021, 10:38 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

“Why darling, with your gracious and inviting tone, why on earth would I want to join you for brunch?” 😈
Old 07-17-2021, 10:57 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I wish I had the nerve to say that to her. That is perfect.

I swear, if I had just put this in my own words, you guys would think that I was nuts and no one would ever text something like this.

How is my son living with this? You know this can't possibly be the first time she has done something like this while with him. Shoot, she pulled a 2 hour screaming, hissy fit the only time they came to our house for Christmas. This is the rest of his life. I can't imagine.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:14 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I don't think she is stupid, just unhinged. And you can't ever win with people like that. No logic or calm tones work....so I think ignore her, go to the wedding, but maybe don't have expectations that the brunch with your son will happen.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:16 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Venus, that brunch was ify as it was. The whole point was that he wasn't going to stay at the same hotel as us, even though he insisted that we stay at that hotel with all the parents and them. He has gotten another room in another hotel because she doesn't want him to see her on the wedding day, understandable.

I suggest the brunch/lunch because the wedding will not be till 6pm. He agreed to it only if she didn't have something for him to do that day. You know that list is now longer then his arm.

Ladies, and Dee, it is wine:30 and AV is just screaming at me. So is my BP, evidently I am a bit red in the face and my daughter made my husband take my BP. I could, and probably should, just have a good cry and relieve some of the pressure. There is not a thing I can do about this that will not make it worse. I did take an extra BP pill, I am not sure if that is even the best idea, but I did it to be on the safe side.

Thank you being here for me!

Old 07-17-2021, 01:17 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

She’s likely very insecure. Imagine stewing and crying at dinner because you invited you son to brunch while she was going to be busy getting dressed? That’s a LOT of time, stewing from dinner until 3:30am. And it seems she doesn’t want him spending time without her there to control her “narrative.” It’s interesting she used that word herself.

I agree with Suze. There’s nothing to gain by trying to discuss or explain things with her. Smile, nod, and be pleasant. She’s looking for conflict. Don’t give it to her.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:21 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I’ve been super lazy today. I did get some chicken marinating for dinner. Hubs brought home some sad looking baby potatoes from the outdoor market in the city. They cost $1. Last week he came home with 5 pounds of carrots for $2. 😂😂. Maybe I should throw some of those in the air fryer with the potatoes. And we have the beans I picked yesterday. That’s my excitement for the day. Food.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:22 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Well, if your doc has told you to take an extra BP pill all good. Otherwise, I would give them a call love. The extra stress is not good for you.

You need an animated movie. Maybe.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:25 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Air fryer huh phoebes....you are the first real chef I know who uses one. I am VERY interested. ❤️

(And do you watch Masterchef? And Secret Crime Kitchen? I LOVE THEM )
Old 07-17-2021, 01:33 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Air fryer huh phoebes....you are the first real chef I know who uses one. I am VERY interested. ❤️

(And do you watch Masterchef? And Secret Crime Kitchen? I LOVE THEM )
Well, I’ll not a chef, lol. I’m too lazy. I’m a decent cook, and don’t have much patience for complicated methods, and super long lists of ingredients.

The air fryer does potatoes very well. It obviously does french fries well, and chicken wings come out great! I’ve even roasted a chicken in it. It yields nice, crispy skin. It’s nice not heating up the kitchen with the oven on a hot day. We are grilling the chicken, and I’ll “fry” the potatoes.

I do not watch Masterchef but used to love Iron Chef, Bobby Flay’s cooking shows, and occasionally check out Chopped.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:35 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

OK.....so it doesn't heat up the kitchen. I did not know that.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:38 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Well, maybe a bit. It blows the hot air. But, things got faster in it, and it’s not like running the oven.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:00 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Oh, good, a different subject!

I am not used to my air fryer yet. I just don't think to use it so it sits in the pantry 🙄. I do have an Oster convection oven that I love and I have used it for years. It takes some room on my counter but it does cook things faster. It doesn't throw off much heat at all.

I used to love watching Paula Dean and I have used so many of her recipes. The best one I have gotten is her Gumbo recipe. It is some work but it is so good. I used to make it a lot when my boys were home because it would be gone in no time. Now I just make it once a year and put a lot in the freezer. It is great to take out for a quick dinner.