Notices

Class of June Support Thread Part 2 2021

Old 06-26-2021, 02:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

No banana shopping today it's been rainy....I might go back to that one nursey where I ate the banana and do it again and see how that guy reacts and then buy the tree...hahaa...It was a pretty nice tree
Old 06-26-2021, 03:10 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You can't walk around the supermarket sampling the produce dear Boondock, just saying, so I would be wary abut going back to that nursery.....they will be watching for you. xx
Old 06-26-2021, 03:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm gonna buy the tree....
Old 06-26-2021, 07:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

My, it has been quiet here today!
I just came to bed after spending most of the day packing, cleaning, working out in yard, etc. We are being picked up by my airport driver guy at 6:45 so will be up very early. I need to eat while taking these steroids so going to run out for coffee and donuts early. Still no food service in the airport or on the plane from what I’m told.
This will be my first time flying since February 2020! 16 months ago! I used to fly every other week for work. I don’t miss it but will interesting to see how I like getting back in that, even if this trip is vacation and not business.
Well, I better try to get some sleep. All have a good Sunday. I’ll check in when I can!
Old 06-26-2021, 07:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good sober trip LHW

D
Old 06-27-2021, 01:20 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Congrats on 4 weeks sober Rar

Hope you have a good trip LHW and we are always here if you are in a difficult situation. Keep us close by

Boondock-happy tree buying

someday-how are you? It's another gorgeous day here today

Day 22. Got some time off work so taking Jr RAL camping for a few days. Will be nice to not worry about drinking. It got me thinking. As well as the actual drinking my days were spent with incessant thoughts of it. When shall I buy it, how much shall I buy, what time shall I start, which shop should I go to, will 1 bottle be enough, should I buy 2 just in case, bad idea as I'll drink both, then again nothing worse than running out, or maybe just 1 at least I won't feel too ill in the morning. seriously what normal person feels ok after even bottle of wine the next morning, maybe you should quit again, yes maybe, not today though maybe on monday, oh but you're going on holiday soon so you will want to drink then, maybe wait till after.

and on and on and on it goes. My mind feels free of all that chatter. It is easier not to drink than to even try to moderate.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 06-27-2021, 02:35 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning Everyone

Boondock: Did you get your banana tree? I was checking out banana trees this morning. Now I want a banana tree. 🍌 I live in Central Florida and I think it occasionally gets too cold for a tree to survive here. My husband wants a fruit tree in the worst way. Many folks in my park have orange, lime and lychee trees. My rear neighbor has a lychee tree and occasionally the lychees drop onto our property and I have to get to them before the lawn mower does. I’d be more inclined to have a banana tree since the bananas aren’t likely to fall from the tree like other fruits. It would be very neat to have a banana tree. There are species specifically bred for cooler temps.

LHW: You’re probably on your way to the airport now. I hope the meds have worked sufficiently for you to have a pain free flight. Also hope you have nose drops just in case. What’s with no morning food in the airports? I hate that and it seems to be the norm. Even before the pandemic, there were few, if any places open at airports in the wee hours even for coffee. I hope you have a fabulous vacation. We’re here if you need us.

RAL: I used to like to go camping. My favorite part of camping was the coffee in the morning and watching the sun come up and hearing the birds wake up. Are you going to be around any swimming areas? Lugging enough alcohol for a camping trip has to be a chore. When my husband and I used to make the trip north and back to Florida as snowbirds, we had to make sure to pack enough beer for 2 of us to have in the motels/hotels when we stopped for the night. We had to plan for 2 nights on the road and have enough left over until we could get some at our destination. Sometimes we purchased when we stopped for gas. I’m glad I don’t have to make the trip anymore, but if I did it would be a relief to not worry about having enough beer. For sure it’s easier not to drink.

I don’t know what I’m going to do today. It should be something outside since it’s the only day this week when it’s not predicted to rain. It will be a sober 28th day for me though. Florida is having its rainy season. Fortunately it seldom rains all day, just a period of torrential rain and then the sun comes out.

Hope everyone has a super sober Sunday. 🤗
Old 06-27-2021, 04:28 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I am great thanks for asking Ral
Day 36 for me Not a thought of drinking although I haven't given my mind any chance of that as I am fully active in recovery. I am at peace and looking forward to whatever I can pack into the stream of life today

I hope you have a great trip LHW

I hope you have a great time camping with Ral jr @Ral Yes it's a wonderful day here too.

Sounds like everyone is doing well so glad to hear that

@Boondock so you're going to get the tree that's great

Hope everyone has a great day We are all putting these sober days together and I don't know about anyone else but June has flown in for me, can't believe it's nearly the end of the month already!
Old 06-27-2021, 04:49 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good morning,
RAL, I love camping I hope you guys have a great time. I was the same way on a binge practically every thought had something to do with alcohol.
Someday, glad your feeling good and hanging in there. Congrats on 36 days!! Enjoy your day.
Rar, I congratulated you on 17 days yesterday that was meant for RAL...lol Me and you have the same sober date so today is 28 days congrats almost a month!!...I'm going to buy that banana tree I mentioned before, probably tomorrow the nurseries not open on Sunday. I have a few fruit trees in my yard ...Honey bell orange, Kumquat, Star fruit and a mulberry tree. I'd also like to get an olive tree they grow well in Florida.
LHW, I hope you have a great trip.
Happy sober Sunday everyone!
Old 06-27-2021, 05:21 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi gang,

We are at the airport and everything is open. The line for coffee is crazy so we are not waiting. The bar where I used to sit and wait is open and in full swing. Packed. Standing room only.

It’s hard to describe the feeling I am having. Part of it longing and wishing I could go in there and have my traditional pre-vacation Bloody Mary. The other part thinking how I will feel better waiting to get in the plane and order an orange juice and not get dizzy and have to pee before take off. Tough choice, huh? 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t believe I would even give it a second of a thought.

I really had to change the mindset and not think of it as deprivation. Having just one will not work for me, now or ever. I just don’t drink anymore and that is that.

The power of the preconditioned mind is amazing. I don’t WANT to drink yet the lure and the pull is still there. I won’t do it, no worries there.

Well, they are calling our flight to board. Everyone have a good Sunday and I am sure I’ll be checking in later.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:30 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
My, it has been quiet here today!
I just came to bed after spending most of the day packing, cleaning, working out in yard, etc. We are being picked up by my airport driver guy at 6:45 so will be up very early. I need to eat while taking these steroids so going to run out for coffee and donuts early. Still no food service in the airport or on the plane from what I’m told.
This will be my first time flying since February 2020! 16 months ago! I used to fly every other week for work. I don’t miss it but will interesting to see how I like getting back in that, even if this trip is vacation and not business.
Well, I better try to get some sleep. All have a good Sunday. I’ll check in when I can!
Safe travels love ~ hope your sinuses feel better. xx ❤️
Old 06-27-2021, 06:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
Hi gang,

We are at the airport and everything is open. The line for coffee is crazy so we are not waiting. The bar where I used to sit and wait is open and in full swing. Packed. Standing room only.

It’s hard to describe the feeling I am having. Part of it longing and wishing I could go in there and have my traditional pre-vacation Bloody Mary. The other part thinking how I will feel better waiting to get in the plane and order an orange juice and not get dizzy and have to pee before take off. Tough choice, huh? 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t believe I would even give it a second of a thought.

I really had to change the mindset and not think of it as deprivation. Having just one will not work for me, now or ever. I just don’t drink anymore and that is that.

The power of the preconditioned mind is amazing. I don’t WANT to drink yet the lure and the pull is still there. I won’t do it, no worries there.

Well, they are calling our flight to board. Everyone have a good Sunday and I am sure I’ll be checking in later.
It is not worth it no matter how tempting that drink is.....everything would be ruined.
I always play the tape forward at the airport.....it is very triggering for me.

Love and safe travels. xxx ❤️
Old 06-27-2021, 06:36 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

And congrats to all of you on your sober days....I don't think I have your date Boondock. I best fix that.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:41 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by someday147 View Post
Hi everyone I am great thanks for asking Ral
Day 36 for me Not a thought of drinking although I haven't given my mind any chance of that as I am fully active in recovery. I am at peace and looking forward to whatever I can pack into the stream of life today

I hope you have a great trip LHW

I hope you have a great time camping with Ral jr @Ral Yes it's a wonderful day here too.

Sounds like everyone is doing well so glad to hear that

@Boondock so you're going to get the tree that's great

Hope everyone has a great day We are all putting these sober days together and I don't know about anyone else but June has flown in for me, can't believe it's nearly the end of the month already!
June has flown for me as well.

It has been a busy month which is awesome as I can see the results of my hard work.....in my garden(s) and in me.
I am on a heath and fitness journey right now, working hard one day at a time, using all of my recovery tools to keep me strong and positive, so I really feel that I am in the June class myself.

Hope you have a great Sunday someday. ❤️
Old 06-27-2021, 08:40 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
June has flown for me as well.

It has been a busy month which is awesome as I can see the results of my hard work.....in my garden(s) and in me.
I am on a heath and fitness journey right now, working hard one day at a time, using all of my recovery tools to keep me strong and positive, so I really feel that I am in the June class myself.

Hope you have a great Sunday someday. ❤️
Tell us about your fitness journey, Venus. 🥰
Old 06-27-2021, 09:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

It is more like a back to being human journey.
I broke my ankle a year ago and between that and some other physical stuff I was going through I put on a lot of weight.
It is actually quite difficult to get this off and I am not happy with myself. But one day at a time I am getting rid of it. xx

Old 06-27-2021, 09:41 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

You should join us in the road to fall fitness thread..venus
Old 06-27-2021, 10:00 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

@ Venus or get a banana tree and live off it
Old 06-27-2021, 10:08 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

That's funny. I would fade away to nothing real quick.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
RAL

Hi everyone

Hope the journey went ok LHW and drinks in the airport wasn't a trigger.

Venus-you are so positive and I'm sure you will lose the weight

Thanks for the kind wishes re camping. Really quite excited now Early night for me.

Will check in tomorrow evening when we arrive. Take care all
RAL