Notices

Class of May 2021 Support thread Part 3

Old 06-22-2021, 12:10 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

No, you didn't add drama at all. And I am betting your son was on the other end silently nodding and thinking he wished he had listened to his mum ❤️
Old 06-22-2021, 01:09 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hi guys, just caught up. It was a long day yesterday. We checked out of our hotel and then popped back to the house where our friends were. We visited a bit with them snd some of their family and a friend before driving home. The drive was about 6 hours with a stop. I was tired last night and my gut is off and twinging from not really eating all the best things. 🤞🏻🤞🏻I don’t end up in full blown diverticulitis again. I’ve put myself on liquids for a day or few. Will see how I feel. No fever, so, I think it’s just irritated. I’m hungry, but the digestive rest is good for this condition.

I just dropped my son off for his first day of work! It’s just a short shift for some training.

Tomorrow morning the crew comes to start our fence! Yay!

I also need to get back to making some decisions on the bathroom remodel. The cabinets are ordered, but might take 14 weeks, so, I feel like I have a little time. But, apparently covid fallout has supply chains mucked up, and things are all taking longer to get. I need to choose faucets, shower plumbing, lights, counter stone, sinks, and toilet! I think I need a list...oh and paint. I’m sure I’m missing something. But it’s a fun task and I’m glad we’re finally doing it.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:16 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Kitten, so sorry about the panic attack! Ugh, they are horrible. I agree you need to get back into your mother’s house. You came to care for her, the least your sisters can do is let you stay there now until you sort out your own living situation.

Onething, the dress is beautiful! I’m glad the designer also proved to have some sound advice, and that you could talk the situation through with someone neutral.

Willow, your dream was quite a nightmare!

Giid to hear from you, Citrus.

Hi Suze and Dee. 💕. Hope I’m not missing anyone. I can’t get my phone to stay in desktop mode at all, and clearing all history and cookies messes up some other sites I visit. So, I can’t hit the “thanks” button, but read and appreciate all of your posts.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:52 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hi phoebe love ~ so well done you on getting through the weekend away ❤️
Old 06-22-2021, 03:22 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hi Phoebe you did so well getting through all of that visiting without drinking! Soooo well done
I really hope your belly settles back down without too much trouble.

One Thing I think things will settle down with your son with time. It may take a while, but it will play it’s course. I don’t think you added drama at all. Your son’s future wife sounds like a drama queen!

Kitten, please post as much as you want. We’re on different time frames all over the world, so may not respond straight away, but we’re here
Old 06-22-2021, 04:03 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Thank you Willow and Phoebe, the whole purpose of the text was to smooth the waters. I am glad to get your opinion on this. Yah, he is so caught up in this right now that he can't see the forest for the trees. I guess we all live and learn. Some lessons are harder then others.

Phoebe, I do hope your stomach feels better. Good choice to stick with liquids for a bit. Diverticulitis is not fun. You had quite a busy trip! I am sure you will be glad to be in your own bed tonight.

Not much new here. Exercised today and was going to go swimming but the bottom fell out of the sky and it hasn't stopped. I am tired of rain. I started watching this year's season of This is Us again 🤷‍♀️. My husband and I love that show and my husband read an article where the writers left hints of the last episode in every show this year. I just watched the first episode and sure enough I found some clues. Next year is the last year and I will have to watch each one closely.

I am tired tonight and hurt some. I got off my pain med schedule going to the doctor's. I guess it is just taking it easy tonight and to bed early with my book. Petey is quite enjoying our reading time.

OneThing
Old 06-22-2021, 06:48 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I think I’m feeling a bit better tonight. 🤞🏻 I got some things done today and dropped son at work. So, not sick, just having pain. I get so nervous about it after it being so severe 4 years ago.

Think I’ll make an early night of it. I’m hungry. I did have a bland snack tonight, but I’m hungry. I’ll go to sleep to forget about it, lol. Gotta be up early for the fence crew!
Old 06-23-2021, 01:57 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hello All,

Phoebe, I am glad you are taking care of yourself. I am sure you will only need to stay on liquids for just a couple of days and then you can go back to your normal diet. At least I hope so.

I have not slept well tonight, I have been up since 2am. Maybe I am the drama queen in this scenario? Husband called and he hasn't been feeling well, I knew this and he has been taking antibiotics for a kidney infection. He had a CT scan last Friday and doctor's report was finally posted on the website though the doctor hasn't called him yet. His results where not great. He has mild diverticulitis in Sigmoid the Colon, you know Sigmoid I am sure Phoebe. He has the kidney infection, a stone, and scaring from past stones (I am not sure how bad that is), The kicker is his heart.

We have known for over a year that he had some coronary artery disease and he has refused to make time to get a heart catherization that his doctor has asked him to do. The CT scan showed at least the lower part of his heart and he has significant arteriosclerosis and severe coronary artery disease.

I am upset, and feel bad, because I went full b#ich on him and to him to get his *ss home already. Enough is enough. He may be senior field engineer, which he has worked hard for and is proud of, but he is replaceable at work. He is not replaceable in my heart.

We never argue, we always discuss things, but I went off on him and I feel bad. I am not sure what today will bring, hopefully him home. It worries me because he had a double by-pass at age 40 after a mild heart attack. At his age now, it may not be so mild. He was so young when he had the first one.

So I am feeling bad and being the worry ward over something I can't control. I can apologize for being so harsh and try better not to lose my temper. I also need to put the son thing on the back burner. Son maybe my monkey, but his drama is not my circus. I think I will just take care of things in my own house.

Oh and daughter is sick. The most of her kids got sick with a stomach bug in school Monday, yesterday evening she came home with the same thing. She is fully vaccinated, but one does worry anyhow, covid worries just lurk in the back of one's mind. Her kids are too young to be vaccinated and this new variant is a tough one.

Let's see if I can find anything else to worry about. I am terminally alive, unless something changes, so there is that. I guess that is good.

OneThing
Old 06-23-2021, 04:40 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Oh, wow, Onething. I can understand you losing your shiz out of worry and anxiety for your husband. I think an apology will do fine, and explain. I bet the Lyrica affects your mood, too. That’s a LOT to deal with. Poor guy’s stuck eating away from home much of the time which is tough for any of his conditions. Maybe they need to switch up his antibiotics to something that addresses both infections. A few natural things that I did yesterday that I think helped were the (mostly)fasting, taking a probiotic, drinking a tea that has slippery elm, and had a little aloe juice. That last one is a new recommendation from a fellow sufferer. Slippery elm coats the digestive tract in a soothing way, but, I need to wait two hours after any meds to have it because of that. So, always be aware of those things if on other meds. (Years ago)My dad had a cath on his heart, and he came home the same day, and felt fabulous the next day thanks to the restored circulation. That’s really not the kind of thing you put off.

I woke up feeling much better. Hoping it sticks. Gotta get up and get showered before fence crew arrives. J is out flagging the irrigation system so they don’t dig into it. 🤞🏻
Old 06-23-2021, 05:11 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

You have a lot going on too Phoebe!

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know about the Slippery Elm. That would be good to have on hand. His stomach is bothered by the antibiotic so everything is moving and I hope that helps the infection from getting worse. Thanks for reminding me, he definitely need to pick up a probiotic at a pharmacy right now. I worry so about his heart. It would be done out patient and, as long as they don't have to put a stint in, or take any other measures, he would come right home. I would just feel more at peace if it were done already.

The pain and the Lyrica are getting to me and I need to hold my emotions in check. The pain is a bit worse but I only took 2 doses yesterday. I don't feel like I can drive safely taking this so I skipped yesterday morning's dose to go to the doctor. I also did my PT exercises and tried some mild lower back exercises.

Daughter felt somewhat better this morning, she went to school. It seems like it is only a 24 hr bug. I need to stop fishing for things to worry about.

Thanks Phoebe.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:34 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I hope your husband can take a bit of time off and take care of his health issues dear One Thing. s
Of course you are worried, but once he is home you can look after him. s

And I hope your pain is less today xx ❤️
Old 06-23-2021, 09:28 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Thank you Venus and Phoebe, again.

I did raise the roof with my husband so he emailed his boss about what is going on. His boss and the higher ups are sending him home today and putting him on light duty till he gets everything taken care of. Thank Goodness!

Now I do hope that I can keep him from over doing it at home. I know I mentioned that I lived, worked and retired in NC. I was raised in Long Island, NY and the New Yorker comes out in me when I am upset. My husband was raised in Northern New York and those are two different worlds. I know how to put him in his place when needed, I scare him to death.

Good News! Not scaring him, but he is coming home!

OneThing
Old 06-23-2021, 10:12 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

That’s good news, Onething. Funny, my husband’s family is from central NY, and I’m a Bostonian. We’re not quite as direct as New Yawkahs, but, I totally understand your comment about the different styles, lol. I spent the weekend with folks all from NY state.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:02 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Slowly caught up over the past couple days. I admire you all for riding the waves! I’ve had some ups and downs and raw emotions and it’s very tough. But just swinging by to say I’m here, doing ok, a bit busy but ok.

dental appointment was fine which was annoying because I still had to pay hundreds of dollars for it. But no root canal yet. Gotta buy a bite guard? My puppy has kennel cough and that escalated my anxiety because I don’t understand it, it’s my first time with all of this stuff. And that guy on my mind. Taking a break from contacting him to refocus.

Lined up two evenings with my sponsor and collecting my 30 day chip on Friday evening.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:11 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hope pup gets better quick dear Plenny s
And fantastic re your sponsor and your upcoming 30 days
And One Thing too of course. xx
Old 06-23-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone
It’s always great to wake up and read all your posts (it’s 6.45am Thursday here)

Phoebe I’m glad you’re feeling better it sounds like you’re doing all you can to get your tummy settled down again. Hopefully it will be much happier

One Thing I’m so glad your husband is coming home. I really hope he gets his heart sorted and health back on track very soon. He’s lucky you’ve got his back and are looking out for him. It sounds like he looks out for you too, which is really great. I’m glad your daughter is feeling better too.

Only 2 days of school left here, and my step daughter’s boyfriend is coming to stay over the holidays, so we’ll have 2 teens for a couple of weeks oh well, I’ll be working mostly and away for the weekend, so won’t see all that much of them. They’re 18 & 19 and they’re planning on moving in together somewhere at the end of the year and I will really welcome my own space back

Plenny I hope your pup is better soon ❤️ 30 days on Friday is fantastic!

Oh well, I’d better get ready for work…. See you all later x
Old 06-23-2021, 02:15 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Wine:30 check in. It has been stressful and AV is taking advantage. No real dinner tonight. It is a grab and go kind of thing. Daughter isn't quite ready to eat solid food yet.

Willow, we do take care of one another. He is my Prince Charming 💖, even at our age. Good luck with the teens. Oh, to be young and in love.

Plenny, good for you to take your time with this fella. Sorry about your puppy. When they get sick, you worry just as if they were your own kids. Congratulations on 30 days!!!!! 👏👏👏. At this rate I make it on Saturday. I am still taking it one day at a time. I have to get through this one day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful sober evening. Husband will be home about 11 pm tonight. It is a long day for him but I will be glad to see him walk through the door! It has been a hard 24 hours. Pete Man will be glad too even if this ends reading time. He is a daddy's boy!

OneThing
Old 06-23-2021, 02:21 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

I hope you do eat something love. s ❤️
Old 06-23-2021, 04:24 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder guys

I know we all want to help but we shouldn't be giving medical advice here on SR and that includes these monthly threads.

'This is what I did' is usually ok, assuming the something isn't dangerous, but 'this is what you should do' is not ok.

We can't possibly know someone elses health conditions or the medications they take which could be negatively impacted by our suggestions.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 06-23-2021, 05:52 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hope it wasn’t me, Dee. I read back and pretty sure I said things I did for myself to help my tummy, and even cautioned about checking about other meds. That is meant to mean check it with your doc. So, sorry if I overstepped. Feel free to edit it delete if it was my posts.

I moderate in a group myself and it’s to do with something somewhat medical, and we share openly. Sometimes I just forget I’m in a different type of place.