Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part Two

Old 04-22-2021, 11:53 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I stopped drinking 6 days before my 50th birthday in 2013.
And then reIapsed in 2014 so I am 6 and a haIf years sober.

I had messed up every singIe thing in my Iife. ReaIIy.
But I got sober and worked on me, and then I feII in Iove with an SR and moved to America and married him.
At 54 (my first marriage, husband Iikes to teII me it is my onIy marriage ).

So I started my Iife over. An Aussie in Ohio USA
Just saying....anything is possibIe in this Iife. xx

I am gIad you kept going through the darkest days dear phebe ~ there is so much beauty and wonder in this worId.
And we deserve to see and experience it aII. ❤️
What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing that VenusCat, maybe there’s hope for me yet!

My mom met my stepdad when she was 56. He was 65. They married a few years later and built a wonderful life over 20 years. In fact, today is their anniversary! So I think of this as well. Many people met and marry later in life. But I also know it can require a bit of effort. Working on Self and putting it out there. Right now tho, I am not interested. I have too much work to do on Me. But I want do want to get there!

I just left the house for an appointment, after a great walk this morning, nice day, I feel good. On my way out, mom said they are going to an ‘anniversary lunch’. Which is sooo nice for them. But, knowing they’ll be gone celebrating when I get back, it’s making me want to drink.

I have a feeling I’m going to have to stay close by here.... 😬
Old 04-22-2021, 11:59 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Staying cIose by SR is a good idea. s xx
Old 04-22-2021, 12:19 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Pretty much everything makes us want to drink in early recovery. I kind of joked about it yesterday. How the nice weather was triggering, and then remembered that so does a blizzard and a hurricane, and a bad mood, happy mood, and on and on. Our AV will latch onto anything to try to get us to drink.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

I know, I read you saying that Phoebe, and I was like, yup! Sunny day, snowy day, no work day, after work day.. AV always has a reason😭
Old 04-22-2021, 09:44 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I’m just finishing day 1. I recently relapsed after a little over 2.5 years sober and am really struggling to quiet my AV.

willow- I hope you’re feeling better.

phobe- I relate so much to your story. Thank you for sharing. There will be so much that you will find in your life. It doesn’t end at 50 and there will be more love *hugs*
Old 04-22-2021, 11:33 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Just lovely thankyou Suze ❤️
Old 04-22-2021, 11:34 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

hi everyone

I hope you’re feeling a bit better Kat, I found that thankfully my anxiety settled over a few days. It was awful the first couple of days. Still have ups and downs but not as intense anxiety now

Hi Phebe and welcome!

Thanks for the well wishes Jo. 4 days is awesome

Ladytron I hope you have a lovely time with your sister ❤️

Sober53 good work on 5 days

Phoebe I agree about anything and everything being ammunition for the AV. No matter what is going on (good bad or otherwise) that little voice pipes up with, yeah well how about a drink then! Arrr it’s so annoying. We just have to keep on pushing it away I think.

Hi Kamm and welcome. Great to have you with us

I’m still feeling out of sorts. The AV tried again today to convince me to drink. I’m on day 39 and I don’t think the evil little gremlin wants me to get to 40 days sober tomorrow. But I resisted and I’m safely home from the shops without wine, so I’ve beaten it for today.

One day at a time .....
Old 04-22-2021, 11:53 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hello all. I’m not new to the site but I’m new to the group. On day 6 as I turn in for bed Late Thursday night here in Cali. . Hope everyone has a great Friday.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:56 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome CAGY

D
Old 04-23-2021, 12:51 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
hi everyone

I hope you’re feeling a bit better Kat, I found that thankfully my anxiety settled over a few days. It was awful the first couple of days. Still have ups and downs but not as intense anxiety now

Hi Phebe and welcome!

Thanks for the well wishes Jo. 4 days is awesome

Ladytron I hope you have a lovely time with your sister ❤️

Sober53 good work on 5 days

Phoebe I agree about anything and everything being ammunition for the AV. No matter what is going on (good bad or otherwise) that little voice pipes up with, yeah well how about a drink then! Arrr it’s so annoying. We just have to keep on pushing it away I think.

Hi Kamm and welcome. Great to have you with us

I’m still feeling out of sorts. The AV tried again today to convince me to drink. I’m on day 39 and I don’t think the evil little gremlin wants me to get to 40 days sober tomorrow. But I resisted and I’m safely home from the shops without wine, so I’ve beaten it for today.

One day at a time .....
Hi Willow68! I am up in the middle of the night again but feeling a little bit better comparing to yesterday. Day 3 for me today. My anxiety level is pretty high still with painful knots in my chest and stomach.
I hope your Day 40 won’t give you much struggle but you rather complete it successfully and proudly 🙏🏻 If AV starts talking to you again, just remember how awful relapse can be; read the thread I started on 4/21/21. I assure you, there is nothing good about drinking. It only makes everything a million times worse. But there is plenty good about being sober for 40 days and moving forward one day at a time! 👍🏻 Stay strong!

Old 04-23-2021, 12:55 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kamm View Post
Hi everyone. I’m just finishing day 1. I recently relapsed after a little over 2.5 years sober and am really struggling to quiet my AV.

willow- I hope you’re feeling better.

phobe- I relate so much to your story. Thank you for sharing. There will be so much that you will find in your life. It doesn’t end at 50 and there will be more love *hugs*
Hi Kamm!
congrats on Day 1. Welcome to SR!

Hope you are feeling better today and looking forward to finishing Day 2 sober. Sending you my support and good thoughts 🤗
Old 04-23-2021, 12:56 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Hello all. I’m not new to the site but I’m new to the group. On day 6 as I turn in for bed Late Thursday night here in Cali. . Hope everyone has a great Friday.
Welcome CuteNGayYay! Congrats on Day 6. Have a great weekend ahead!
Old 04-23-2021, 01:36 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kat1313 View Post
Hi Willow68! I am up in the middle of the night again but feeling a little bit better comparing to yesterday. Day 3 for me today. My anxiety level is pretty high still with painful knots in my chest and stomach.
I hope your Day 40 won’t give you much struggle but you rather complete it successfully and proudly 🙏🏻 If AV starts talking to you again, just remember how awful relapse can be; read the thread I started on 4/21/21. I assure you, there is nothing good about drinking. It only makes everything a million times worse. But there is plenty good about being sober for 40 days and moving forward one day at a time! 👍🏻 Stay strong!
thanks Kat
Yes I have to stay strong, that sneaky little voice saying a drink would be nice is such a liar! I’ve had so many day 1s I’ve lost count of them all. We ALWAYS regret it if we give into it. I just have to remind myself of those sleepless nights, waking at 3am with a racing, pounding heart, anxiety through the roof, heavy awful head. Yuk. Don’t want to go back there....

You’re doing great on day 3. Each day will get a little bit better. And the anxiety will ease, and sleep will come back
Old 04-23-2021, 01:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi there CAGY, and welcome to the April class
Old 04-23-2021, 02:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Is anyone else having weird things going on with the site? I got booted off and had to log back in (took a bit to remember my password it’s been that long since I needed it lol) Now the screen is different and won’t let me stay on the desktop version. I can’t seem to move as easily between threads nor open more than one thread at a time and I’m finding things more difficult to navigate and post I’m just wondering if it’s my phone or the SR site...
Old 04-23-2021, 02:50 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you use a iPhone you need to hit refresh and then the request desktop site link to get back to the usual layout Willow?P

D
Old 04-23-2021, 03:10 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If you use a iPhone you need to hit refresh and then the request desktop site link to get back to the usual layout Willow?P

D
Thanks Dee, yes I’m on an iPhone, and I did that, but it keeps reverting to the mobile site. I also changed it in the dropdown box but it keeps going back... hopefully it will fix itself while I sleep
Old 04-23-2021, 03:47 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hope all doing well today.

welcomr cagy!

im on day 6. All I want to do is drown my sorrows but I know I will then be worse off than I am already
Old 04-23-2021, 04:14 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jo43 View Post
Hope all doing well today.

welcomr cagy!

im on day 6. All I want to do is drown my sorrows but I know I will then be worse off than I am already
hang in there, Jo43. Drinking will make everything 10 times worse. You can do it! When in doubt, refer to my posts from this morning in a thread titled “Day 1 again....nothing but regret and shame”. You can relive those miserable feelings of remorse, pain and shame through my struggle without having to ruin your Day 6 by giving in. I put it out there in great hope of getting help as well as saving someone else from what I am going though on Day 3. Please use my experience to save yourself from relapsing. You are not alone!
Old 04-23-2021, 04:26 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi CAG, glad to see you back !