Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part Two

Old 04-21-2021, 03:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi, I’m jumping on board for some support. Stopped drinking last night after a six day binge. I’m triggered by my 21 year old son whose behaviour is just appalling. But my drinking won’t help that. It just makes me ill equipped to deal with it. When I don’t drink, I’m able to ignore him which everyone tells me is the best strategy. As Dee says, drinking over it, only punishes me ! So I’m pleased to have support from SR, but I need to use it more wisely (like checking in when I get the urge to open a bottle of wine)!
Old 04-21-2021, 05:04 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Welcome Icando this, you will find lots of support on this site!
Jo I’m happy you didn’t buy the wine! The thread Dee mentioned above has help me with cravings😊
Great job Willow!
Plenny good luck with your job hunt,
Today we have one showing of our house, I hope this family is the one so we can find a new home. I actually slept well last night.
I hope everyone has a great day
Old 04-21-2021, 05:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jo43 View Post
Morning all. I didn’t buy the wine. I have to do this. My family are supporting but they have also said this is the last time. I really have to prove myself and get myself where I need to be. I just need to check in here daily and stay in touch. I just need to prove that I can get help and stick to it this time. No wavering no messing. My mental health is all over the place. I’ve referred myself for counselling, got my meds sorted and have my first AA meeting next Tuesday. I can only do daytime due to kids but at least I have one I can go too. My lovely dad is going to take me so I have support to get there
With you every step dear Jo. And I am so gIad your dad is supporting you. s ❤️
Old 04-21-2021, 05:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 View Post
Hi, I’m jumping on board for some support. Stopped drinking last night after a six day binge. I’m triggered by my 21 year old son whose behaviour is just appalling. But my drinking won’t help that. It just makes me ill equipped to deal with it. When I don’t drink, I’m able to ignore him which everyone tells me is the best strategy. As Dee says, drinking over it, only punishes me ! So I’m pleased to have support from SR, but I need to use it more wisely (like checking in when I get the urge to open a bottle of wine)!
I am sorry your son is causing so much stress. I guess it's par for the course at that age, but I hope he settIes down a bit. s xx ❤️
Old 04-21-2021, 05:52 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Fingers crossed for the showing today dear Sober53! ❤️
Old 04-21-2021, 06:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 39. Feeling pretty good. Sleeping well. Losing a few pounds. Progress after years of drinking whiskey which I fear was causing physical problems - liver, stomach, throat, pancreas, brain, heart, etc.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:02 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 39 is just wonderfuI dear dickensen. ❤️
Old 04-21-2021, 11:38 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hello all. Glad you stayed strong Jo, and you sound like you have some solid support.

Willow, that was a tricky situation. Glad you didn’t drink. You’re doing so well. I find offering to drive is a helpful strategy that keeps me from drinking, but I hate night driving, so it’s not always an option. I don’t have great vision for it. But, it’s my go-to for bbq parties during the day. My husband always gets too drunk at those...in part because I am the driver. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Welcome back ICDT. 💕

We just signed the contract for some work on the house. Some is exterior repairs but we are also going re-do our master bathroom, which is exciting. It will take awhile, but it’s good to have it planned.

I’m finding the warmer spring weather days get my AV chattering. As I write that, I have to laugh a little, because the AV will look for any excuse to drink: nice day, blizzard, bad day, sad day, happy day...lol. Stupid AV.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:10 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Welcome Jo and icandothis, Jo, Willow I’m so glad you didn’t drink. I was so tempted this evening as well sun shining, off work. I didn’t but I really wanted to just buy a bottle of wine. I was romanticising it in my head, I know the reality is different. We’re in this together let’s make a pact to reach out here if we are on the edge. I can watch the sunset just as well without it.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:19 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Much better in fact....I mean, how much so we actuaIIy care about the sunset after a few wines? s ❤️
Old 04-21-2021, 01:33 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just checking in, feeling a bit down and not much to say but just making myself come and be accountable. I won’t drink today.
Stay strong everyone x
Old 04-21-2021, 01:44 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome ICDT

D
Old 04-21-2021, 02:14 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi everybody, looks like solidarity is strong in this group, I feel very lucky. happy to hear the successes in beating the AV down.

Something real magical might be happening — I have an interview tomorrow morning at a real estate office! I saw a friend today — someone who used to be in the service industry, and is now a realtor. I told her about all the changes I’m going through and how hard it is for me to go to work every day. She recommended I work on getting my real estate license! Ha!

Well I figured, why not! Then she texted me saying they need a receptionist anyway so I might as well come in for an interview in the morning! I’ll need a lot of training if this works out but I have been looking for this exact opportunity since the pandemic began last year!! I even bought office wear I have not worn! Wow

So, I’ll have y’all in my back pocket, because we all know a success and a let down can both be triggers!

wish me luck... tomorrow could be the first day of my new life

Old 04-21-2021, 02:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good Iuck dear PIenny ❤️
Old 04-21-2021, 02:47 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Plenny

Hope you feel a bit better through the day Willow
Old 04-21-2021, 02:51 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

AIso sending Iove and hugs and cheery thoughts dear WiIIow ❤️
Old 04-21-2021, 03:53 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I have not been on here for a bit. Sorry you are having a down day Willow but you did so well with the pub situation, really. Plenny I haven't met you previously but I've been catching up with the other April thread and I'm so pleased to hear about your job possibility. Good luck! Freedomfries I think you need to give yourself a break mate and stop counting your "failures" (which aren't failures anyway, it's just life) when you're on a massive huge AF winning streak. Mind, I say that but I'm giving myself a hard time for not having accomplished more now I'm sober. I was going to write a book! And lose a stone! And paint my dresser! Of course I've done none of those things.

It's been a tricky couple of weeks for me. Big ructions at work which ate into my Easter annual leave, the first leave I've had this year. I'm feeling frustrated and disappointed with my employer who I have been with a long time. I am seriously looking for another job though and am upset it's come to this.

Also I am being investigated for melanoma, and anything medical freaks the bejeezus out of me as I had a major mishandled medical event a couple of years ago that left me with PTSD. I've had counselling and got over that but I still just hate hate anything medical at all.

But. With all of that. 45 days sober.

I'm starting to miss it ☹️ sort of in a regular way, not cravings, but just "wouldn't it be nice" way. This is where I need to be vigilant I know. Distraction and playing it forward keep me from drinking but the thought is still there, even if I'm not acting on it. Maybe I should paint that stupid dresser after all, it would certainly keep me busy lol.

So lovely to come here and read about all of your successes. I'm proud to be part of this group.
*Edited auto correct typo
Old 04-21-2021, 04:18 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone! Today is my Day 1, and I really want it to be my last relapse. Thus, I am joining this class in looking for support and encouragement.

Hope everyone is well and having a good day!
Old 04-21-2021, 04:53 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you CC - hope that the melanoma proves negative

Welcome Kat

D
Old 04-21-2021, 05:00 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainCrow View Post
Hello everyone. I have not been on here for a bit. Sorry you are having a down day Willow but you did so well with the pub situation, really. Plenny I haven't met you previously but I've been catching up with the other April thread and I'm so pleased to hear about your job possibility. Good luck! Freedomfries I think you need to give yourself a break mate and stop counting your "failures" (which aren't failures anyway, it's just life) when you're on a massive huge AF winning streak. Mind, I say that but I'm giving myself a hard time for not having accomplished more now I'm sober. I was going to write a book! And lose a stone! And paint my dresser! Of course I've done none of those things.

It's been a tricky couple of weeks for me. Big ructions at work which ate into my Easter annual leave, the first leave I've had this year. I'm feeling frustrated and disappointed with my employer who I have been with a long time. I am seriously looking for another job though and am upset it's come to this.

Also I am being investigated for melanoma, and anything medical freaks the bejeezus out of me as I had a major mishandled medical event a couple of years ago that left me with PTSD. I've had counselling and got over that but I still just hate hate anything medical at all.

But. With all of that. 45 days sober.

I'm starting to miss it ☹️ sort of in a regular way, not cravings, but just "wouldn't it be nice" way. This is where I need to be vigilant I know. Distraction and playing it forward keep me from drinking but the thought is still there, even if I'm not acting on it. Maybe I should paint that stupid dresser after all, it would certainly keep me busy lol.

So lovely to come here and read about all of your successes. I'm proud to be part of this group.
*Edited auto correct typo
I think I wouId paint that dresser and add a stenciIed sign on it saying: WouIdn't It Be Nice To Live The Life of My Dreams. s ❤️

AIso wishing for the best possibIe resuIts with the meIanoma scare. s xxxxxxxxxxxx