Notices

Class of March Support Thread 2021 Part One

Old 03-03-2021, 01:27 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I have one I think you wiII Iike Citrus: Ginnie and Georgia. On the Iast ep right now. Don't want it to end.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:43 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Phoebe ~ there is a new NetfIix (can't remember if you have that) series caIIed "Behind Her Eyes" that is getting good reviews. I haven't seen it yet. xx
Thanks, V, I’ll check it out!
Old 03-03-2021, 02:47 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Started on Feb 16 after an ice storm devestated us in Virginia. So I'll count March as Month one! Many years of drinking, this is the best I have felt in years. Hoping this forum will be helpful.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

WeIcome dear Vaparkranger ~ to SR and to the group! s ❤️❤️
Old 03-03-2021, 05:12 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome vaparkranger

D
Old 03-03-2021, 07:55 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Welcome VaparKranger! I think you will find the forums and class super helpful. Feel free to post anytime, especially if you need a little extra support!
Old 03-03-2021, 08:08 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Headed to bed sober once again.
Did an awsome SMART meeting today. Really keeping sobriety in the forefront of my mind. My tools are working well so far. I'm way more optimistic than I have been in a long time.

My son and his team kicked butt tonight. He made an amazing 18 points. (Sorry had to brag just a little) I am so ready for track, but I am enjoying this last little bit of bball too. I will be missing it soon for sure. Till summer ball.

Night all!
Old 03-04-2021, 03:26 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Back on the bandwagon too

Hi all I'm joining you all I havnt had a drink in 4 days now..I had 8 weeks sober before my birthday last October and then stupidly thought I could just have a few for my birthday then it started back to 1 night a week.then gradually I was binge drinking again getting really bad again.4 days and nights cause I've been at home.I get really bad anxiety and panic attacks and this weird falling dropping feeling with withdrawal I cant sleep for days then I feel ok for a couple of days and around and around we go..I need to get off the merry go round..Anxiety has gotten so bad I cant even drive much and am making excuses not to drive..I have panic attacks in the car too..the doctor gives me xanax every few months just a few for it but I found I would take more for withdrawal and use them all up..I know the alchohol is the thing that gave me the anxiety and panic attacks in the 1st place. I NEED to stop but I'm worried about triggers like birthdays bbq if we ever get any nice weather, also Christmas..I would love to have a sober Christmas but feels like I'm missing out on somthing but I know its ridiculous all it does is makes me not want to leave me house or see anyone..Really want to do it this time..Thanks for all your posts I've been reading them they give me strength.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

D
Old 03-04-2021, 03:37 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome

D
Thank you
Old 03-04-2021, 04:50 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

HeIIo dear OverthePanic. s

WeIcome from me too. ❤️

Old 03-04-2021, 05:06 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good morning! Set my alarm for 6:30am to try for a vaccine appointment. Waited in a queue for 30-40 minutes only to have no luck. That’s the first time I actually got onto a queue, as typically everything is full, and can’t even get that far.

Today is cleaning day. I’m spoiled and have cleaners come twice a month, but on that day I strip beds, wash the linens, clear up all the clutter throughout, recycling, fold the mountain of clean laundry, etc... so, it’s time to get to it.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:01 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Welcome OverthePanic! Your screen name describes me as well. The more days you get the better you will feel. Well done on 4 days!

Sorry you missed out on the vaccine today Phoebe, I hope you have luck soon. ❤

Good morning Suze!
Old 03-04-2021, 06:08 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Citrus and Phoebe s ❤️
Old 03-04-2021, 06:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good afternoon everyone new and not so new. Almost 3pm and only on my lunch break now. Really hungry these days dont know why as im doing nothing out of the ordinary so pot of brown pasta on to fill the gap. Have a great sober day everyone.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:26 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon Everyone. Day 3 today. Sleep is better when I actually fall asleep. I can only say it is much better to take a while to fall asleep and sleep through the night rather than "fall asleep" at 8:45 only to wake at at 3:10 am full of anxiety and that feeling of disappointment that I drank again. Those hours of non sleep and disappointment between 3:15 am and 6:30 am are some of the worse hours of the day and frankly I am just tired, very tired of being on the hamster wheel. I feel better today with less anxiety. Now I just need to occupy my mind in the "witching hours" between 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm when my voice is at its worse.

Funny thing is, last night for example I went for a walk after supper and came home and watched netflix with a hot chocolate (which I have not had in a couple years..pretty good actually) and by 9:00 pm the desire to have a drink vanished. I was just looking forward to getting into bed sober.

Hang in there everyone. It is noon as I type this and feel good. I know that the time between 5:30 and 8:00 will be here soon enough.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:41 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sounds to me Iike you are doing reaIIy weII Jim s
You have found a new habit to heIp get you through your witching hours (mine was 4 or 5 - 8pm).
And if I couId get through that I was fine and ready to go to bed as weII.
Very interesting huh? It aII feeIs so physicaI, the need for that drink, but end of witching hour and the 'need' goes away.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:20 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 days Jim! I can definitely relate to the restless anxiety ridden sleep in those first few days of sobriety. I think that’s all the alcohol leaving the body and withdrawal. I’m on day 28 and it gets way better so hang in there!!
Old 03-04-2021, 10:21 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 28 is fantastic dear Bodhi! ❤️
Old 03-04-2021, 10:29 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

So true Venus, mine was always after work 6pm straight to the shop stock up and waste the night away, fall asleep on the couch wake up sore neck fall into bed and wake up through the night with reflux and night sweats followed by hangover and guilt come morning. Why in the name of god did i do this to myself. Thankfully i replaced it with a walk a nice herbal tea and in bed by 9pm. Cant beat it.