Notices

Class of March Support Thread 2021 Part One

Old 03-02-2021, 02:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back sort and soberjim, and anyone joining us - and thanks to those who are dropping in to add their support
I'm sorry to hear about your brother Jim.

D
Old 03-02-2021, 03:30 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Witching hour has struck. I've got too many chatty teens and preteen in my house all needing attention. I love them to death, but my goodness it is a lot to take sometimes. Lol.
I have some milk and a book to read. I am delegating feeding the kids to my hubby tonight.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:32 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sounds Iike a wise move dear Citrus. And gosh, I know how much you do for your famiIy....time for you to have a night off. s
If you need a new tv show, I have a few. xxxx
Old 03-02-2021, 04:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I may hit you up for new yv shows soon Suze. I'm on a book and audiobook kick at the moment. Give it two weeks and I will be ready for shows again, lol.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:36 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi all I知 jumping into the March class. I知 27 days alcohol free and the February class helped me so much. I知 looking forward to connecting and continuing this sober journey.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:51 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sounds Iike a wise move dear Citrus. And gosh, I know how much you do for your famiIy....time for you to have a night off. s
If you need a new tv show, I have a few. xxxx
Oh, we liked Tell Me Your Secrets. Thanks, V! What else have you got?
Old 03-02-2021, 06:57 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Citrus, my kids are older now, with one in her own apartment at college, and the other 17, and a quiet dude most of the time. But, I remember those days when they were so busy and noisy, and needy. Hang in there!

Jim, sorry about your brother. That痴 sad.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:27 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Phone mine are older too! Just very talkative... 19, 17, 14 and 12
I just looked up Tell Me Your Secrets, it looks really good. It is now on my list.

Good to see you bohdi!

Well I am off to bed super early. I ended up making dinner when my daughter begged for chicken quesadillas. But I was fine with it once I got myself in the kitchen.
I started cleaning up the kitchen and I could hear hubby open a beer. Ugh. I hightailed it to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I'll deal with the kitchen in the morning. I really am just going to have to live with the beer around.

So glad to be safe for the night and knowing that I will wake up in a better physical place than he will! Maybe slightly caddy of me.... but at least I'm not drinking at the problem.

Glad to have you all to vent to.
I really hope you each had a great day and are going to bed sober as well. It really is worth it.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Citrus im looking forward to the day we can have the kids friends around again, i must sound crazy but thats lockdown for you.The house is to quiet apart from my son with his friends online making those teenage broken voice noises. Must be the sober me talking as i never managed them around when i was hungover😁. Have a great sober day everyone.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:10 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Now that the weather is warming up, maybe your husband can go back to keeping his beer in the garage Citrus honey? s

And I have a few shows Phoebes.....stiII waking up here so brain not quite in gear....I wiII do a Iist Iater.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Morning March class - Day 6 here for me after the last relapse. I feel good this morning after a not so great evening last night which didn’t include any AV or cravings, just down. Have a great day all.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:23 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

ReaIIy gIad you feeI better today Scott. s
Old 03-03-2021, 06:17 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning class. ❤

Well done on 6 days Scott! I hope today is better.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:06 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good morning! Good going, Scott, and glad your feeling better.

Citrus, 4 kids is a LOT, at any age, lol.

Always good to wake after sober sleep. I知 feeling a bit wiped out today, though. I致e got a stiff, sore neck, and feeling somewhat achy all over. I知 wondering if I致e got some issues with some foods causing inflammation. I致e been a bit lax on my eating, having more wheat and sugar than typical. I知 at this sobriety thing since January 2nd, so no more excuses to indulge comfort foods.

Phase two of recovery, snap out of feeling sorry for myself and eat right, get moving more.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:06 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Good morning class. ❤

Well done on 6 days Scott! I hope today is better.
Very much better. Thank you. Dark clouds have passed.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:19 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Phoebe ~ there is a new NetfIix (can't remember if you have that) series caIIed "Behind Her Eyes" that is getting good reviews. I haven't seen it yet. xx
Old 03-03-2021, 10:42 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
... Always good to wake after sober sleep. I知 feeling a bit wiped out today, though. I致e got a stiff, sore neck, and feeling somewhat achy all over. ...
Should you consult a doctor with those symptoms, phoebe?
Old 03-03-2021, 10:47 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Should you consult a doctor with those symptoms, phoebe?
Nah, I知 no stranger to a stiff neck and arthritic pain. I think my diet affects my inflammation sometimes. Since quitting, I知 having more gluten and sugar.

Last time I sought medical attention, I caught the flu. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I知 staying home, lol.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:02 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Nah, I知 no stranger to a stiff neck and arthritic pain. I think my diet affects my inflammation sometimes. Since quitting, I知 having more gluten and sugar.

Last time I sought medical attention, I caught the flu. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I知 staying home, lol.
Those sugar cravings are brutal, i gave in today and put a load of nutella on my toast it was fantastic 😋😋 but i felt a little shameful afterwards. Off for a walk now so i can burn off a few of the calories🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
Old 03-03-2021, 01:02 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

AL, nutella is sure better than booze! Sounds yummy. I hope you enjoyed your walk.

I'm hoping my little one will feel like getting a walk in with me when he gets home. It is gorgeous out. The two older boys have track practice today. Little one has a tournament bball game late tonight, strange time but we are all used to being up late for varsity games anyway. I only call him my little one because he is the only one that hasn't far surpassed my height. Lol. I need to grab the oldest boy when he gets home to to get him a new shirt for his NHS induction tomorrow... he grew another inch this summer and their is no way any of his button ups or Dads that will work. I'm looking forward to the little one on one time with both of them. Should be easy-ish to make it through whitching hour tonight. It will be tomorrow that I'll have to watch since we will probably celebrate a little after the ceremony. I'll stick close to the class, have a meeting or two planned, make sure I am well fed and if I run into a convenience store I will be grabbing a milk instead of booze.

Suze if I finish one of my books tonight I think I'll start on one of your shows! I have some knitting that would be better off with me watching something than reading!