Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 5

Old 01-28-2021, 11:23 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

And feeling for all of you who are locked down , especially with RAL kids homeschooling since March. Really tough.

My kids return to face to face today for first time since part way through term 1 last year. My daughter says she doesn’t feel like she had a year 6 and is scared she can’t handle the extra demands of year 7. My son indifferent. But is so so good that it is going back to more regularly scheduled programs. With sport and school and friends and all that. And I will be driving them around to all those things without guilt and concern about endangering them and DUI.

I wish for this for you guys as well, soon.

oh and Venus - snow! Thankyou for sharing floaty fluffy goodness with us and your beautiful narration . ❤️❤️
Old 01-28-2021, 11:51 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
..., I did spend a fair bit of next day romantically vomiting bile. fun times.
Actually , thinking about it, it wasn’t only that. I instantly had many of the symptoms from latter stages of active addiction back, too. After that one single drinking sesh. Eg my right ear was blocked and ringing again, my feet were vaguely swollen and started itching and tingling. Pain in liver/kidneys was back.

I know that if I go back , it will only get uglier and harsher. It picks up right where you left off, as far as I can tell. Only difference I could discern was that it was abundantly clear to me that , if anything, I was going to drink even more stupidly than I already did .

So so not worth it.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:06 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
And it wasn’t exactly an easy ride getting to Mt Doom from memory.
And we definitely don’t want a repeat journey!
Old 01-28-2021, 02:37 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

People do see that parallel with Gollum.
I don't think Tolkein meant it as an allegory to addiction, but that people can see one is the mark of a great book.

He did see the horrors of WW1 at first hand tho, and maybe the lust for power/the ring theme comes from his war experiences?

/end tutorial
D
Old 01-28-2021, 02:47 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Appreciated. s

Embarrassing to me that I grew up with ToIkein's books yet knew nothing about him.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:40 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, I studied him for a while. Its not like everyone knows everything about him

D
Old 01-28-2021, 03:47 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

I didn't know untiI the other day that you studied history Dee.
I Iove that fieId of study.

As a new resident in America, I have been fascinated by the history here and have been gobbIing up every bit I can Iearn.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:56 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning folks

Tanky - how did your children get on at school? I hope all went well.

Venus-thanks for the snow video Was that you speaking? It's lovely to hear your voice

Had a very busy week at work which is good but I'm glad to have a couple of days off now. So today's tasks are wood chopping (my favourite ) reading, some study work, take Jr RAL to his fathers, jigsaw, more box set. Sounds terribly mundane but what else can we do in these locked up times. I'm not calling it lockdown anymore-locked up seems more appropriate

Anyway take care -xx
Old 01-29-2021, 02:54 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

RAL - sorry was trying to share my lumberjack image of you, but my phone hates me.

kids were at school, on time, wit shiny shoes and ironed uniforms, without anyone driving in questionable condition. Miracles will never cease. Both had okay first day back, I believe.

I went to my first full meeting all week. The face-to-face one I have been doing. Was good. Anxiety much lower now after. 👊
Old 01-29-2021, 04:35 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

That's awesome Iove!!! Go you. s ❤️
Old 01-29-2021, 04:37 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

WeII, you can make videos RaI honey, and you and your son can start a famiIy Youtube channeI. I have one.
And yes that is my voice....aIthough I am having a bit of troubIe speaking properIy right now with my sore mouth.

Old 01-29-2021, 01:36 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
RAL

hi all
Glad your meeting went well Tanky -is that the same group you have been going to or is it a different one?

Oh Venus-I'm not the video type. Would hate anyone to see or hear me out there in cyberspace

Hope you are ok Zura -thinking of you

Pottering about sort of day. got quite a lot done around the house and of course the wood chopping Still got some more for tomorrow too! Peaceful and quiet day. Peace of mind which is always good. I've eaten better today and sure there is a connection between food and feeling not just physically but mentally better too.

Night all.x
Old 01-29-2021, 01:44 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

For sure.
And me either....I take videos of the snow and squireIIs and stuff.

And goodnight Iove, sweet dreams. xx s
Old 01-29-2021, 01:49 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
RAL

I love your videos Venus-please keep posting

Good night to you too and sweet dreams when evening arrives.xx
Old 01-29-2021, 01:59 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Thank you honey.....this is my fav time of day....the haIf hour before sunset. SquirreIs and birds and then pretty coIours.

Sweet dreams Iove ❤️
Old 01-29-2021, 02:40 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Excellent momming Tanky! We are just a little jealous of your kids being able to go to school for real.
Today is a slow day here. Been surfing the web and old archives here to distract me from my drinking fantasies. Tried to sign up for SMART meetings but didn’t tick the agree box properly and then couldn’t really sign up. Time to clean a bit and do some yoga, I guess.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:43 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Venus, are you feeling any better? Pain anywhere in your head or jaw is the worst!
Old 01-29-2021, 02:57 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Yes, thank you EIIy....today was not great but it's better now. s xxxx
Old 01-29-2021, 03:32 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 01-29-2021, 07:41 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon All
Missed my usual morning check in, was super busy and only just sat down. Still sober though 😊

Love the Gollum reference! Had thoughts of drinking not long ago but that got smacked right out of the ball park. Not today Satan, not ever! No more 'one last times' ever.

Super exhausted very lil sleep last night and a very big day (for me). Mid Sat afternoon and I'm fighting falling asleep. Don't want to wake up late this evening ready to start the day 😝 so must fight through the sleep. My love to you all, I'll be back to responding tomorrow when I'm back in my routine xxoo