Old 12-28-2020, 08:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Free.

Test
Old 12-28-2020, 08:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Old 12-28-2020, 11:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

When I tried to log on this morning it said I did not have permission to post and yet I was logged in. I thought I had been booted off. Not really, but it did cross my mind!
Hope, I sure hope you can post from your computer again! Have you tried deleting excess stuff or seeing what is 'running in the background'?
Its very cold here today. Nothing, I'm sure, compared to Ohio or Toronto, but for me it's just frigid.
I sure miss all our class members who are away!
Sending big warm eskimo hugs to you all!
Old 12-28-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It said that for all of us (maybe not admin) love. s xx ❤️
It was just site maintenance. xxxxxxx
Old 12-28-2020, 12:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all. I felt 100% better this morning for some reason. I worked too long on the computer on Saturday and Sunday. I always push myself beyond what I should when I start a project. A completed the hardest part yesterday. I slept for nine hours total last night. Woke up at my usual 4AM. Listened to a podcast. Fell back asleep. Anyway, I slept until 10AM. Best nights sleep I've had in a while. Had some crazy dreams about losing an expensive purse and a chicken and trying to put on false eyelashes before some big event. LOL It was very bizarre but I got the REM sleep. Woke up this morning and felt good and very thankful to be sober. Did my body pump workout and other stuff around the house.
Glad everyone is able to get on again. I miss everyone too! Have a good day everyone. It's almost a new year and it will be so nice to already be sober and not have to do the resolution thing. Although I still have that resolve along with a few more.
Hope
Old 12-28-2020, 12:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

OK....so now I am seeing someone trying to put false eyelashes on a chicken in my mind's eye.....and then the purse ran away with the spoon.

❤️
Old 12-28-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Venus- as strange as you have that pictured in your mind, it was crazier in my dream.
Karen- Do you know when you will hear back about the house you are looking to rent?
TC- testing one, two, three.
Old 12-28-2020, 01:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You lost your chicken and your purse? I hope the chicken wasn't in the purse! I hoped to hear today, but haven't yet. I know Christmas fell right in the middle of things so I'll be patient.
I'm so tired today! I worked on the leaves yesterday, and I think I just got over tired.
So grateful to be sober!
Old 12-28-2020, 05:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
It said that for all of us (maybe not admin) love. s xx ❤️
It was just site maintenance. xxxxxxx

I've made a thread elsewhere but was actually my goof.
Glad it was fixed as quickly as it was

Apologies to all.

D
Old 12-28-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Free.

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
So grateful to be sober!
....this.

I totally agree Karen!

Hope everyone is well and content.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm doing great but am really slow recently. I guess like Hope said, I am hibernating! But not on purpose, I want to get so much done.
Yes, TC, that is the crux of it. Whatever else happens, being sober is such a blessing that the rest is just cake. Sometimes not cake, but more like boiled brussel sprouts. Or whatever you don't like to eat.
That's my philosophy!
Dee, I'm amazed how few glitches there are here. So many recovering alchies and drug addicts in and out every day. I appreciate you so much!
Hugs to all.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi everyone

I'm back home after a lovely Christmas holiday - a bit of camping, long walks along beaches, climbed a mountain, some bushwalks, playing in waterfalls, canoeing, and the best bit - getting to share some of my holiday with two of my sons. I hadn't seen my youngest since last Christmas and my middle son three Christmas's ago - so it was just wonderful.

I'll share more after unpacking and getting settled back into home, but in the interim, I have to share this photo. It was two days before Christmas and hubby and I were camped on a lovely beach well away from civilisation (on the way down to where we were meeting my boys). We decided to take a long beach walk (maybe not so long in WL terms, but about 15km which is long for me) towards the closest town, when I got to see my first real amphicar!

I thought of everyone in our May class and our journey in the sober amphicar. It sure gave me some extra strength and determination to have my first sober Christmas in over 50 years. Thanks classmates!

Hope, Karen and TC - so pleased to hear that you had a nice and sober Christmas. I can also say I had a lovely sober Christmas - but there were lots of times that l had to fight the cravings for both alcohol and nicotine. The sober amphicar really did help me through. Next challenge - new years. I think it will be easier for me than the last week.

And before I go - yesterday made 3 months sober for me. Very pleased, but also very cautious to not trip up again.

Take care all.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you negotiated the cravings for smokes and booze Coz - and glad you're back with us

D
Old 12-29-2020, 03:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 months darling Coz and awesome to see you! We missed you!!
And a what? An amphicar? I know not of such things....but how very very cool.

....And 15Ks is a bit more than a walk....gosh...
Old 12-29-2020, 05:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Coz and a big welcome back. That sober car is the coolest thing ever! Sounds like you had a lovely adventure. I think it's so cute when you Aussie's talk about bush walks. It's makes it sound so wild - like you just don't know what you will see on the way. Congrats on your three months. I was starting getting my new yearly planner together today- transferring dates and such and realized that I had three months in the middle of this month. I swore that the last time I kept falling down that I wouldn't be so obsessed with the dates but it is nice to know.
Karen- I meant to tell you that your yard must be a masterpiece. You are always working in it. I need to do more work in mine. I've done a little but it could use my attention. Today I took down my Christmas tree and 90% of my decorations. It was kind of sad but I also realized that being the holiday is over and I'm not having anyone arrive was making me a bit sad. It served it's purpose and made me cheery for a few weeks. Spent much of my day doing that. Started working on clearing up my guest room (for my nonexistent guests) that has accumulated lots of junk in the past month.
Felt really good when I woke up this morning. Got a great sleep score last night. I definitely feel it when I get a good nights sleep. Did a spin class. Made an omelette. It was a busy day. lol
Venus, Willow, TC, Dee, Nmd, Dig, WL - hi to you all.
Speaking of WL- how are you???
I don't really have any thoughts of drinking or fears about New Years eve. I don't have any plans and didn't drink last year so why on earth would I do it this year?
Have a good night all.
Hope
Old 12-29-2020, 09:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Free.

The amphicar pic is AWESOME Coz!!

Just the right size for the May crew to amble about in. Love it!!!
(amphibious bus, I suppose)
Glad your holiday was good and you got to see two of your sons. SOBER Christmas!! That had to be really great for you. Happy for you.

Glad to hear many had good holidays.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

The site was down for a bit. Dee must be involved in a conspiracy! Haha

I stayed with my father for 4 days He is alone and I actually already had the virus in April. I am not infectious at all but the opposite. I have antibodies in my blood

Doctors did approve of my visit. I hated every moment because my dad doesn't even have internet. Watched all his favourite VHS videos about professional cycling going back to the 1970's . I was very bored but realized that my dad will likely not live much longer. He has a heart condition. Is in heart failure. Treatable with medication and such but probably is just going to die in his sleep. His words. He's a retired doctor.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
Old 12-29-2020, 11:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you got to spend some time with your Dad WL No conspiracy - just good ol' human error

D
Old 12-29-2020, 11:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by HopefulYear777 View Post
I think it's so cute when you Aussie's talk about bush walks. It's makes it sound so wild - like you just don't know what you will see on the way.
But it is true Hope! We never know what we might see on the way! Here are a few things I saw on my bushwalks:

Gotta love Aussie bushwalks!

And congrats on more than three months! I too am not counting too much this time. I just know that the 29th is the date each month. I'm so glad you made it through and are feeling confident about new years. I'll be with you in the sober amphicar!
Old 12-29-2020, 11:49 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
The amphicar pic is AWESOME Coz!!

Just the right size for the May crew to amble about in. Love it!!!
I was blown away when I saw it on the beach! I know where to find it now too. We can take the amphibus for a spin whenever we can get everyone to Queensland!