Notices

Class of May 2020 part 12

Old 12-29-2020, 11:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Coz

Good to hear from you WL. I'm glad you were with family - even if it wasn't an exciting visit, it will be one you will always remember and never regret.
Old 12-30-2020, 04:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That crab is kind of weird looking.
Awesome pics. Love the dingo ? prints.

Glad to see you dear WL....and that was really nice of you to spend some time with your dad. s
Old 12-30-2020, 10:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to see you back, Coz! You do the most amazing things. Congrats on three months! And not smoking, too.
Hope, I live in a place with trees all surrounding the house, so the leaves are a huge job. Plus, I'm slow. My yard looks terrible right now.
Someone else rented that house. My application was approved by the management, but the owners chose someone else. So now I'm pretty much between a rock and a hard place. Trying hard not to stress, and grateful I haven't wanted to drink.
WL, I'm so glad you got to spend time with your dad. That's just fantastic.
Bye for now all.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh love, sorry that didn't work out. s

So who is the extra that is going to be living in your current house...one of your sons yes?
How many bedrooms are there? xx
Old 12-30-2020, 11:46 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry the house didn’t pan out Karen.

D
Old 12-30-2020, 01:10 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Coz

Oh Karen - so sorry the house didn't work for you. But as they say, it just means that it wasn't meant to be and a better solution is awaiting your discovery. As for the leaves, maybe it is time to make the others in your over-crowded house pitch in and help? They're going to have to do more if you end up moving out, so now is a good time to start learning!

And Suze - you should have been a tracker! Yes, I think the prints are dingo (or wild dog). And the crab is a fiddler crab (not sure which one) - they are quite distinct in that one pincer is really large compared to the other one in the males.

Dee - you seem to have got a lot younger over this festive season! Very cute!

Last day of 2020 today. I'm sure many will be happy to see the end of this year. For me - not so bad and it will be remembered as the year I stopped ruining my life with alcohol despite a pandemic.

Enjoy the last of the year everyone!

Take care and smile
Old 12-30-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Coz

Double posted - hi again!
Old 12-30-2020, 01:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Maybe I WAS a tracker in my last life Coz?
Old 12-30-2020, 01:50 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Me too, Coz! It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
My house is fairly large, four bedrooms. My youngest and middle child will stay with my daughter-in-law and three kids and two dogs and two cats. My oldest son and I are moving with Charley. I wish it didn't have me so stressed out. I would like to say I'm just taking it all in stride. Not. But, I will be okay. So nice that I can share about it with all of you.
It's been an odd day for me. Yesterday was the full moon and we are just past winter solstice. Maybe I can blame it on that. I just feel at odds with life. One week to 9 months sober, maybe it's PAWS? I don't know. I think I'm going to take a hot bath and eat something, even though I am not craving, I am just not settled.
Maybe it's time to get back to work.
I hope we all get the vaccine soon!
Old 12-30-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

So do you have to move love? Can you not stay there? s

I think there are lots of reasons to feel all over the place right now....my best advice is as long as your health is all good, try not to mind if you are feeling a bit off. Life is a bit off right now. s xx ❤️
Old 12-30-2020, 03:03 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Coz

Dear Karen - please remember that moving house is up there in the top four big stress things in life - you would not be normal if you didn't have some level of anxiety. Throw in the festive season, Covid stress and family matters and you are doing amazingly well. Just make sure you look after yourself and take a step away if it gets too much. Hopefully the moon cycle will take away some of your off-ness.
As for getting back to work - only you know if that is a good idea for you. It has really helped me, but I didn't feel the same when I started a new job earlier in the year (and only lasted 6 weeks before I quit to look after me first) - so when you are ready and want to.
Sending hugs your way - take care,
Old 12-30-2020, 06:52 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Coz- I have to know about the animal in the first picture. Is that a crocodile? I can't tell. Those are awesome pics and just like I would picture a bushwalk! lol
Karen- I think you are doing great handling the stress. I'm sure the next house will be an even nicer house and more perfect for you. I'm with Coz- but those boys to work raking those leaves. Unless of course you enjoy it. I took to my yard for a bit today. Decided to wash all the windows on the front of my house- inside and out. That was a job but feels so much better now. I also used the weed eater for a while. Everything looks fresher.
WL- Glad you got to spend some time with your Dad.
You know I totally forgot that the moon was full last night. I should have known with all the crazy feelings I was having last week. Happy almost new year all.
Hope
Old 12-30-2020, 06:55 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Free.

Sorry you missed out on the house Karen.
Would a condo/apartment/duplex be an option? Might work.

I’d love to move into a condo or something like it. My wife just wants to downsize into a smaller house. Options are a bit thinner with pets, but not too bad.
I hope you find just the right space for your wellness and peace.

Have a good night/day everyone.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:35 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Old 12-31-2020, 12:28 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Well, it just goes to show that God (or the universe or whatever you want to call it) really does know best. I found an apartment right smack in downtown Athens. The cool thing is that there is a huge recovery community in Athens, not only for addicts but also for mental health. I am determined to get my son some help, and if it is right outside our door, all the better. It's a small apartment and not fancy but it has a dog walking path and a deck out the back. I'm very happy with it and got approved. I move on the 8th of January.
The reason I can't stay is because my son can't live on his own anymore. But I think with some help he could, down the line.
And the other two boys together can manage the payments here. They had better. I'm sure there will be problems down the road, but ok, I can just do what I can do.
You all inspire me so much with all you get done. I have been slower than molasses in winter lately. Speaking of molasses, I watched a short documentary about a true story where a town had a big tank of molasses, I mean a huge one, I think they were making booze from it, and it collapsed and many of the townfolk drowned in molasses! Isn't that awful. I need to find some more positive stuff on tv!
Happy Happy 2021 to all!
Old 12-31-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thank you for explaining..,I get it now.
And YAY.....great news.....what a fantastic thing to have happen today.
Wonderful bright spot to end the year. ❤️
Old 12-31-2020, 02:38 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

i'm so pleased it's working out Karen

D
Old 12-31-2020, 05:44 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Karen! So happy for you. Athens is such a cool town. Very walkable and lots of cool restaurants. I'm so happy this worked out for you. Now I say you sit back and let those strong boys move everything for you.
It's almost New Years here. Just a few more hours. They are already shooting fireworks. Looking forward to 2021. I think everyone is. There is a lot of hope in the air. lol Get it- hope in the air.
Seriously. I wish you all a very happy sober new year. It feels so lovely tonight to not have the slightest thought of wanting a drink at midnight or anytime tonight for that matter.
Upwards and onward classmates!
Hope
Old 12-31-2020, 06:35 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Free.

Hooray!! So happy for you Karen.
May the new place be blessed with peace and hope.

Happy New Year everyone!
https://www.timeanddate.com/counters/newyearmap.html is a link to an interactive live global new years map.
It shows New Years as it happens across the globe.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you! And for the link, TC. Very interesting! My neighbors are blowing things up and scaring the poor pups! I agree, Hope, it feels amazing to not be thinking of alcohol on a night like tonight. Such a blessing!