Notices

Class of May 2020 part 10

Old 10-15-2020, 08:06 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Venus, I meant to tell you how much I love those ice cream bowls. I had glasses like that as a kid and absolutely loved them. Still remember how cold they felt on the outside when drinking a glass of iced tea.
Hope
Old 10-15-2020, 08:23 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
I started making new doors for my bathroom cupboard yesterday (after a few hours volunteering in the morning), so hoping to finish them today.
Finished! They look so much better than the chipboard rotting doors that were there. I made them from old pallets that I picked up from local supply places. I am getting to be the thicknessing and sanding guru.

Now I want to rebuild the vanity basin area.

Time in the garden and fresh air next for me.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:33 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Coz- I am constantly amazed at the things you can do. Some people just have that kind of mind that can figure it out and do it. I want your mind! OMG Beautiful.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:36 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Amazing work Coz!!!

Goodnight from Canada

ZZZzzz...
Old 10-15-2020, 08:41 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Coz

Sweet dreams Karen - I think the nicotine man will be with me, so you should be right tonight!

Hope - you sound better. I too hate trips to the doctor. I was lucky that I could do the last consult over the phone (new Covid benefit) as I just needed another script for my stop-smoking drugs. I am hanging in there today. The not drinking is easy at the moment - very few thoughts and even those are easy to disregard. The not smoking is a bit more challenging, but I am keeping my hands busy, have music playing and have now brushed my teeth about eight times.

Back to being busy for me...
TC - Hope you are OK and just practicing to be the strong, silent type. Please fill in the missing bit when you get a chance - you have made a few of us worry a bit.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:47 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by HopefulYear777 View Post
Coz- I am constantly amazed at the things you can do. Some people just have that kind of mind that can figure it out and do it. I want your mind! OMG Beautiful.
I really wouldn't recommend having my brain - it is pretty screwy most of the time and it really never stops - I can't keep up with it. But I have always liked learning stuff that is of interest to me.
But thanks Hope - that is really sweet of you.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:23 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Free.

Doing ok.
A person at work has become poisonous. There is a long story around it. She has been stressy and venty for about three years now.
She has for a few years now been mismanaging her time and never fully meeting her obligations. The rest of us are left taking up the slack.
I get the awesome task of spending my next week, that was supposed to be non-contact time, teaching her students. Sure could’ve used a break. Some time to catch my breath.

She is taking some leave. Good on her. In fact, in one exchange she and I had 3 weeks ago, I encouraged her to.
I hope she finds some answers and gets her emotional (mental) health back.
She is genuinely having some tough life things going on right now.

I wish I could be more kind and sympathetic/empathetic (whatever it is) When someone has let their ugly show for so long you (I) tend to grow weary of them. (My give-a-damn is busted in this case).

I started posting earlier about this, then recanted.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:49 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry its fallen on you TC but it's good the kids have someone to cover them.

D
Old 10-16-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopefulYear777 View Post
Venus, I meant to tell you how much I love those ice cream bowls. I had glasses like that as a kid and absolutely loved them. Still remember how cold they felt on the outside when drinking a glass of iced tea.
Hope
I bought the glasses as well. Because I also grew up with them.

Hope your appt goes well today.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Coz ~ you are a legend. You know you could easily start your own business.

That bathroom is to die for. s
Old 10-16-2020, 05:52 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Free.

About 6:50a.m. here.
Pretty crisp this morning. -7C. Still quite dark.
Awfully tired. The covers look so inviting.

Glad to see all the posts. It’s nice to have this thread so active.

Hope everyone stays well and calm today!

Happy soberness to all!!
Old 10-16-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thanks for letting us know, TC. It is wonderful that the students will have some good teaching for a bit, but so sorry you're missing your home time. I know you need that, too. I hope your co-worker comes back in a better frame of mind.
Coz, I am amazed that you built that. It is beautiful! I hope the nicotine man left you alone. I slept with my light on, since I couldn't find a night light, and he didn't visit. You are truly an inspiration to me, and I want you to know it!
I'm working outdoors today. Taking lots of breaks, so I will come see you guys again soon.
Lots of love!
Old 10-16-2020, 01:16 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I ended up working inside instead. Just goes to show you. It's a beautiful day though. I think I will go out for a bit.
In an effort to save calories, although yes, I do plan on splurging some for my addictions relief effort, I have created a new drink. I have really enjoyed drinking V8 berry flavored juice. Sometimes I even splurge and have several glasses in a row! It's got a very pleasant effect, slightly similar to coming home and splurging on poison in my alcohol drinking days! But, much healthier! Much. But, very high in calories and I do want to save those calories for treats during low moments when I am feeling an urge. Chocolate almond ice cream cones, chocolate covered caramels, and the new one, cinnamon stick candy. So, I am mixing diet sweet green tea (liptons) and about 1/3 cup of the V8 berry juice in it. It's scrumptious and very satisfying.
Thanks for letting me go on about it. You can see how my typing is improving!
I am concerned about WL and Maria. Wish they and all our other friends would pop in.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:31 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Yes indeed love.
You sound way better. s xx
Old 10-16-2020, 03:08 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Karen- happy you are finding yummy concoctions to keep the cravings at bay. It won't be long before they will be gone and you won't need the distractions as much. Congrats on all you are achieving. Glad your typing is becoming easier.
Old 10-16-2020, 03:16 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Doctors appointment was fine. Wants to see me in a year. It's been six months for the past couple of years. Glad to have that over with.
I get jealous when everyone mentions it being chilly in their area. I am so looking forward to a cold spell. The most I can look forward to is 63 at night tonight. That is a treat.
Coz - I'm hoping your cravings are nonexistent today. Or at least better than the previous 15 hours. I'm excited to see your next project. How is your foot?
Hope
Old 10-16-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Free.

Your new beverage sounds great Karen.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:26 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 10-16-2020, 06:34 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Coz

Happy weekend everyone!

Karen - I would never have thought to mix tea and juice together! Sounds awful, but I might have to try it. I think you must have scared the nicotine man away with your questioning - he wasn't here last night either. Hope your smoking cessation is going well - promise I really know how hard it is! And, most importantly, fantastic news that you are on the mend and lots more typed posts can be expected .

Hope - great to hear that your ticker is all good. I made it through day one of not smoking and now battling day two. My foot still isn't fixed, but I have taken the boot off and just have it strapped, so I can get around outside a bit easier - but I am trying to rest it as much as my restlessness will allow. It's quite a challenge when foot needs rest and mind needs to be busy.

TC - shame you don't get a break from the contact teaching - but I do hope they are good students for you. Keep warm - I'm not envious of your weather at the moment.

It is a lovely spring day here. It is a little dry (we need some rain), but the spring flowers are starting to bloom. Here are a few of the hibiscus flowers in my front yard:

Again - happy weekend to everyone....

Old 10-16-2020, 07:21 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

It's so nice to see spring now when it's fall here. I love fall, too, but spring is the best. I hope by the time it's spring here again, the virus will be gone!
Sweet dreams and happy day, all.