Notices

Class of May 2020 part 10

Old 10-15-2020, 01:46 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Congratulations on 90 days TC!

And congratulations on 5 months Og!

Awesome work both of you

When I quit smoking, I ate a lot of sweet stuff. I think it really helped me quit. Then I upped the exercise to lose the extra weight I put on. I felt so much better, exercise was a lot easier

Congratulations on being offered the job Coz. Let us know if you decide to take it

I love Marian Keyes books Suze, she’s one of my favourite authors.

I’ve been soooo busy this week. And I’m going camping again this weekend, so I might not get much chance to check in but I will when I can. And I won’t be drinking!

Have a good weekend everyone
Old 10-15-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Have a lovely time hun xxxxxx ❤️
Old 10-15-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I will look those books up, Thanks! Odd that we both had nightmares last night, Suze. I hope you have sweet dreams tonight!
Old 10-15-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Is it OK to ask what the job is love?
Hi Suze - it is a coordinator role for a not-for-profit conservation group. The position runs the local environment centre, keeps abreast of environmental matters in the region and synthesises them for the community, runs community workshops and information sessions, represents the region as the conservation representatives in working groups and consultative committees and is the media contact for any issues where a conservation perspective is wanted.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Oooooooo, so other than the bad pay, it is a dream job.
Imagine where this will lead you.....people will get to know you and ask you to run all sorts of things. s xx
Old 10-15-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Oooh that sounds really interesting Coz

Thanks Suze I am going to try and get photos of wildlife, if I can get close enough and they stay still long enough for a decent photo lol

Suze and Karen I had really really weird dreams last night too
Old 10-15-2020, 02:23 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

They should pose for you, like this guy

Old 10-15-2020, 02:24 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
The cough is from smoking. It's part of an overall issue I have. Quitting will make a huge difference! If I can ever do it.
[...] I had a nightmare that I thought was real and that has stayed with me all day. I am going to sleep with a night light tonight. I woke up, or at least I did in my dream, and there was a spooky man standing next to my bed. He said, "Hello!" in a really creepy voice. I said, "Oh! Who are you?" and I reached over and turned on the light. I really did reach over and turn on the light, and I think I really did say 'who are you'. Of course there was no one really there. It was very scary.
My really ill-informed dream analysis, possibly triggered by the book, but maybe not:
- The 'spooky' man represents nicotine. He's reminding you that he is still close and wants to be part of your life. Your response was perfect in confronting the nicotine man and questioning who he is. He frightens you and does you no good, but he wants to stick around. Great to question him - you will one day forget him forever.

Yeah - I'm doing everything to not smoke today - even anything that convinces me further on how scary, awful and unnecessary nicotine is in your dreams! I'm sure I will feel your struggle today.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:40 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Coz

It would be an interesting job and stuff that I like doing (but not the appearing on TV and meeting with politicians), and 30 hours a week of crap pay is better than no income. But I know that I will end up working twice that amount of time - I haven't ever mastered the work-life balance, probably because I enjoy the work that I do.
My plan is to call after 9am (its 7.30am here now) and have a chat about a couple of logistics within the flexible work arrangements. Pending the discussion, I think I will accept the job but delay my start date for a few weeks so that I can fit another camping explore in before I start.

Willow - enjoy your camping weekend again! Where are you off to this time? I'm heading off next weekend for a five day trip - but this time hubby is coming with me! He doesn't trust me going on my own after my last effort.

Dig - I had bloods and scans before I quit drinking and again near the three months of not drinking. Just amazing the change in such a short time. My liver was almost normal after being fatty and signs of cirrhosis in the first scan, and my blood work only changed a bit, but everything fell into the normal range (apart from having too many red blood cells) after that short sobriety stint. I hope the doc finds you a picture of health and vitality and AV is beaten to a pulp in the knowledge that it failed to keep you poisoning your body.

Hi to everyone . Take care!

Old 10-15-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Coz

Willow - I so get that wildlife photography is tricky. I have the friendliest bush-stone curlews here, but if I bring out my phone camera, they run. I'm sure they are threatened by my 'modern' technology. It might be my challenge for this morning to see if I can trick them into posing for me!

In the mean time, here's a couple of my local roos in my backyard (mum and joey):
Old 10-15-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Gosh they are divine xx
Old 10-15-2020, 06:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Oglsby- congrats on month 5! So awesome! So good to see you here posting again.

TC- The big 90! So happy for you. So wonderful!

Coz- The job sounds really interesting. Glad you made a decision. Have you started the non smoking? I wasn’t sure if it was today or tomorrow. Photos are so cute!

Karen- are you doing the patch by any chance? I did the patch a long time ago when I tried to quit smoking and I remember having really crazy dreams. But then again, I have crazy dreams when I quit alcohol. Hope you are doing well.

Willow- I hope you have another sober lovely camping trip this weekend. I hope we get to see more pics too.

WL, Venus, Dig, Dee- hello!

Take care all.

Hope
Old 10-15-2020, 06:29 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Coz

Yes - I am now an ex-smoker with only a couple of weeks before I am employed non-smoker!
It has only been 15 hours since my last cigarette and fully expecting to have a few challenging days ahead, but I can only wait and see if my modified plan will work out for me this time.

Are you feeling good today Hope?

WL - I am assuming you are absent due to having to sort out your bill payments for your phone and internet. Hope everything is OK apart from that?

And TC - I was remiss in not sending you congrats for your 90 day milestone. Really well done, particularly given your recent stressors at work and getting yourself rather tired from time to time. Your new plan is looking good.

Time is running away from me today. I was on the phone for over an hour discussing my new job and the rest of the time I've been at my computer sorting out my calendar in preparation for a holiday, some workshops I've enrolled to attend, some social commitments and paying the bills and stuff. Now it is time to get on with fun stuff.

Take care all....
Old 10-15-2020, 06:42 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Free.

Old 10-15-2020, 07:29 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi TC, I hope you are okay! I always am curious what just a period means. Just checking in? Posted something then changed your mind? Or could it be more serious? You are so tired of paperwork that a period was the most you could write? I guess it could mean something happy. I hope so.
I'm nervous about going to sleep. Will sleep with a night light. I love your idea, Coz. That it was nicotine man.
Willow you had odd dreams, too? I wonder if something astrological was going on. I will look it up!
I'm glad you chose that job, Coz. It sounds perfect for you! So interesting.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:31 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi Coz. I really can't complain. Nothing exciting. Have a routine cardiologist appointment tomorrow. I hate going to the doctor period. But a not drinking day is a good day. Just as is a non smoking day. So congrats on your 15 hours. How are you feeling? So happy for you about the job. I'm so glad you have a couple of weeks to be smoke free before you start. What a fresh fun start all the way around. I will be excited to hear about your next camping trip.
Hope
Old 10-15-2020, 07:33 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

TC- you have me trying to figure out the period thing now too.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
... and AV is beaten to a pulp in the knowledge that it failed to keep you poisoning your body.
^^^ Love this!!! I will be seeing to it that the AV gets the beat-down that it deserves
Old 10-15-2020, 07:44 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

a period usually means 'I wrote something but changed my mind and the software will not accept an empty post.'

Congrats again on 90 days TC

D

Old 10-15-2020, 07:44 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Did TC "pocket post" the group?!?

Hope he's okay...