Notices

Class of September 2020 Part 2

Old 11-06-2020, 11:33 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Just checking in, things have been much better than last week thankfully. I'm really glad I managed to hang on as I was struggling big time. I'd mentally accepted I was going to drink on a couple of occasions and managed to pull it back, albeit by the skin of my teeth. I've just finished work for the week, about to do a quick workout and then cook a chilli up for dinner.

I hope everyone is managing in these challenging times, we are back in lockdown in the UK but so far it has felt a bit easier than last time, sending positive vibes to those across of you "across the pond" also during what I can imagine has been a stressful time.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:57 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Hi how’s everyone doing hope no booze November is working for ppl I’m now on my fourth month after stopping “this time ‘ on the 2nd of August so I’m feeling good today for 💯 days without a drop still early days I know but very positive and as they say if I can anyone can stay strong all on srf
Old 11-10-2020, 04:35 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

That is fantastic kev!!! s xx ❤️
Old 11-23-2020, 01:45 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Woah, September class is gone quiet.

Day 67 here. In hospital which sucks but makes me appreciate life outside hospital more. Can't wait to get out.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Erica375

FF, I hope you got sprung from the hospital!
Old 11-29-2020, 03:36 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Day 73. Looking forward to being 99 days sober on Christmas Day. Hopefully my siblings who are at home will be feeling forgiving.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:05 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hi dear FF. s
That's great, keep going!!! xx ❤️
Old 12-04-2020, 01:35 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Just checking in. 78 days. Was psychotic this last week but have calmed down since. Went for a run this morning. Feel great now. I should run more. Had another seizure from drinking too much liquid to cope with the psychosis. Need to stop doing that.

Hope everyone is keeping well.
Old 12-04-2020, 02:34 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Administrator

Running is great but its not going to help you with psychosis FF.
Listen to the docs.

D
Old 12-04-2020, 09:16 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Good morning, sobhoes. Pity this thread has gone so quiet. Day 79 for me. So close to three months. Starting a diet today. Have developed a bit of a gut. Going to head out for a walk shortly.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:23 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Just back from my walk. That's about 4km this morning including a trip to the store. Diet is kicking off today. Got to shift this gut.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:48 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Erica375

Early morning, Dec. 18th. It's been two months and a few days since the ENT visit "incident," and I'm doing well. I can go grocery shopping without panicking. Sometimes I start feeling jumpy, but I can manage it. I had a blood draw last week, no problem being in a medical setting. I have a mammogram scheduled next month and I think I'll be ok for that, but I'll be careful and stay aware.

I'm pushing myself to do things I find scary, but that need to be done. I've been putting off having some much-needed work done on my house because dealing with contractors, making phone calls, and having to make decisions on things about which I have no clue is scary as hell.

So I asked my son-in-law who works in construction for help. He and my daughter came down the next day. He looked all around the house and I wrote down every thing he said. I viewed this task as my job and Chris as my boss. I checked in with him every day and did whatever he told me to do.

I had two offers to do the work and I forwarded the estimates to Chris and we decided which offer to accept. One of my tasks today is to tell the guy we didn't choose that he's not getting the job.

I know this is ridiculous, but I'm scared to hurt his feelings! All those "good little girl" worries -- he won't like me, he'll be angry.... It's absurd, I know. It's a business transaction!

I also have to tell the guy I did choose that (per my boss's orders) I will want a copy of all receipts for materials bought. Again, oh no! He'll think I don't trust him! I'll hurt his feelings and he'll be mad at me!

Again, it's a business transaction and I'm protecting myself. I'm beginning to understand why my life has been so difficult and frustrating, though. Did I really wander around my entire life like this? Well, yes. Apparently there are certain life skills I never quite got the hang of.

And of course I want to run and hide. Can't I just drink the day away and ponder this tomorrow? Well, no. Not unless you want your house to fall apart.

So... that's my story. Grateful to be sober another day. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

I know the feeling of: did I really wander around my entire life like this.
And the apparently yes made me smile.

We learn.....it is a bit daunting though, isn't it?
I think you are doing AMAZINGLY!!!! s ❤️
Old 12-19-2020, 07:59 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Erica375

Thank you, Venus Cat! Yesterday I texted Guy #2 to tell him I wasn't accepting his offer. I imagine he's still listening to sad songs and crying into his pillow over it. NOT!!!
I am reminded of a time one of my daughters, a teenager at the time, wanted to go somewhere and for whatever reason I couldn't drive her. I offered to pay for a taxi and she was appalled. "I wouldn't know what to say to the driver!"

I told her, "You are paying him to drive you somewhere. You don't have to chit-chat. It's not a date!"😆 And here I am, doing essentially the same thing. Sigh.

I also let Guy #1 know I would like him to do the work, so we'll see if I get an answer. In my experience, contractors tend to disappear, never to be heard from again.

My R.N. daughter is scheduled to get the Covid vaccine next week. Very exciting!

Eldest daughter was being treated for an abcess by a doctor who tested positive so daughter and SIL were tested but fortunately negative. SIL has MS so I imagine that would not have been good.

Another cold, grey sky, white snow day, but I'm ok. I have food, a (relatively; I keep the thermostat at 60°F) warm house, and people who love and care about me.

Blessings.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:00 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Erica375

Oh, and a dog. Life is definitely better with pets.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:18 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Yes....I cannot wait until I can have a dog again. Or two.

Well done you.....and I hope the contractor gets back to you quickly.
I am stunned by how casual they are here...in Aus it is a different ball game.

Thank God your SIL doesn't have covid, yes, that would have been bad.

And yes, very exciting that your RN daughter is getting the jab next week.
I watched the first one in the US on tv and cried a bit.
Also watched Pence and co get theirs yesterday.
Pleased they are setting the right example to the country.

You are the only person besides me I know who keeps the thermostat that low....I am struggling today though....wanting it up a bit higher. Guess I could close the window. He he. s
Old 12-21-2020, 06:09 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Erica375

Another grey and white day, but I'm not glum. I'm considering getting out my art supplies and doing sone sketching. Charcoal on white paper would catch the scenery perfectly.
I've got some work to do this this morning, so perhaps this afternoon. Something to look forward to.
Old 12-22-2020, 04:56 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Erica375

Daughter got her first vaccination yesterday. The second will be in 3 weeks.

Didn't get out the drawing paper and charcoal yesterday, but I envisioned what I want to do. My art school graduate daughter told me that what we consider "black and white," like an old black and white tv, is actually grey tone. (I think I have that right.)
Black and white is just that: black and white. No shading, no greys. So I'm thinking about which I want to do. I'll probably try both and see which I like better.
Interesting, isn't it, how old interests and hobbies re-enter our lives once the booze is out of the picture.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:50 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

So happy your daughter got the vaccination love. Yay!!

Sounds like a wonderful art project....my older sister is doing a painting class online....she gets a painting or photo to copy and make her own....and she is very good. I love her paintings. And I can't wait to see your work. xx s

Old 12-22-2020, 08:31 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Erica375

Drat! My first masterpiece and I can't figure out how to post it here. I'll keep trying.