Notices

Class of May 2020 part 7

Old 08-05-2020, 08:26 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Congratulations! 90 Days, Coz!!! I'm glad you're back. How was it?
I'll see you all tomorrow!
Old 08-05-2020, 10:48 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Free.

Good, busy day today. Worked on projects and in the yard.
Was hot out there.
Ate up all the cherries and drank a ton of water once I got back in the house.

Felt some cravings tugging at me yesterday and today. I practiced gratitude and took a couple of multi-vitamins.
Cravings can crave away for all I care, I’ll choose to ignore them. I don’t want or need any alcohol in my life.

One more day further separated from the beast. Hooray!

Time for an ice-cream sandwich, then bed.

Be well all.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:22 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Coz

On'ya TC. Love that attitude you have going there . Enjoy the ice cream sandwich - sounds great.

Thanks for all the congrats on my little milestone today. I'm so looking forward to the 100 days. Not sure why, but it sounds impressive!

Karen - I did have a lovely couple of days away, albeit a little challenging being the first smoke free days and the associated not-so-positive emotions. Lots of walking, exploring, bird watching and star gazing. A few photos from the weekend away:

The walking 'tracks'

A view from the escarpment

The moon, Jupiter and Saturn in alignment (definitely not at Dig's expertise in night-sky photography)

Take care!
Old 08-06-2020, 01:11 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

90 days is awesome Coz! So happy for you.

I need to tell you guys I am so stressed. I am crying right now can't sleep it's 2 in the morning. On my couch. My wife got back from her trip and she is sick with Covid. She is very ill fever, headache, trouble breathing, body aches and no taste or smell. I am shattered.

I am just so worried about her, worried for my kids and for me. My kids are not having any symptoms but I assume they have it. They all stayed with the same people (grandparents) where they got exposed. Grandparents are both sick.

They have been home 4 days I am distancing but assuming I will get it too. I don't know what to do from here...

Please pray for us
Old 08-06-2020, 01:24 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I am waiting till morning I think I need to bring her to the ER. I don't know how I can do it my kids will be devastated! I keep going over scenarios in my head and I just cannot believe this is happening. I am scared stiff.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:31 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I have gotten no sleep. I need to work today I am so behind. I need to save sick time in case I get sick.. My poor wife feels awful. I have nobody to help with my kids while I work. I can't go on if she doesn't recover from this. There is just no way.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:34 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I think I am having some kind of nervous breakdown
Old 08-06-2020, 01:54 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Fallow i can only imagine how stressful that must be.
I think taking her to the ER is the right thing to do.

At least that way you'll find out whether it is COVID or not.

Even if it is, try and put all those awful what ifs out of your mind.

Most people who get this do not get it to the point of hospitalisation, and there's pretty good evidence to suggest kids seem to deal with the virus much better than adults.

I know it's scary but we're all here behind you and your family.
Prayers from me as well

Its great that you can be there for them and sober, man.

D

Old 08-06-2020, 02:03 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Thank you Dee
Its definitely covid confirmed positive tests on grandparents. My wife got tested yesterday.

I don't think I could drink under these circumstances I am a serious mess right now.

I will try to put my thoughts to bed
Old 08-06-2020, 02:07 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Administrator

All the best man - yeah adding drinking to all that would be disastrous.
All my thoughts and prayers go to you your wife, kids and her family.

Try and rest even if its just to close your eyes and lie down.
I'll try and stick around til others show up anyway.

When you can, please let us know what happening with the ER and everything
D

Old 08-06-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for bed for me Fallow - hoping/praying for some better news for you tomorrow.

D
Old 08-06-2020, 03:56 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Coz

Wow Fallow - I'm not surprised that you are feeling a bit stressed. Thoughts and healing wishes coming your way for you and your family.

I see you are offline now, but just in case you check in again, I'm sharing with you some of my thoughts. Sometimes an outsider without the stress levels you are under can offer some ideas which might help share the burden you are under.
  • You are still healthy and your wife and kids are going to need to rely on you in the short term. Make sure you get as much rest as you can, eat well to keep you as healthy as you can be, keep your personal hygiene (and the kids) at the highest levels possible, and stay sober so that you can be fully present and provide transport whenever needed.
  • Use your learned techniques to calm yourself down - breathing, meditation, quiet music, mindfulness - what ever works for you. It is really worth taking a break from the stress so you can take the lead with some calmness and confidence.
  • The ER is the best place for your wife to be from your description. The medical profession have the skills and knowledge to decide to either admit her or send her home for home quarantine with appropriate medication and information on what to do. It might be a good idea to call ER and explain your situation. They can then advise on when you should head over there and they will be expecting you.
  • Be honest with the kids. I don't know their ages or personalities, but try to keep all conversations and actions calm and reassuring. It will be important that they understand what is happening in your household and with their grandparents.
  • Don't worry about the what ifs at the moment. Work is really not that important. Let work know what is happening, but put it aside for now. Carers leave is more important than you being half-present on the job.
Sending hugs and best wishes to you all.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:08 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Oh Fallow, I am so sorry you have to go through this fear.....

First thing I think I would do is to call your GP and do a tele-appt.
They will absolutely tell you whether or not to go to the ER.

I have now known over a dozen people who have had this and recovered. Really.
And unless your wife's breathing is distressing etc and (see what the doc says) you may not need to go to the ER.

We are all with you with love and support any way we can.

Sending prayers and more love. ❤️
Old 08-06-2020, 05:11 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Fallow, I am praying for you and your wife and family! I wish so much I could be a help. Coz had some great ideas for you. Especially calling work and letting them know what's going on.
I guess you know my son has it, too. I ran away at first, but my grandson insisted on coming home. He is ill, but not terribly ill. None of the rest of us are having any symptoms. My oldest son's mother-in-law, who lives with them, also has it. It is terrifying, I know.
You have it a lot harder because you have the children and your wife and parents to worry over.
If you take your wife to the E.R., they will get her started on treatment and that should give you some peace of mind. I have heard that early treatment is very important.
Please know that we are thinking of you and sending positive vibes. And big hugs.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:17 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Thanks everyone
We are contacting the doctor today. I am trying to work and caretake for my family today. Wish me luck.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:28 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Sending love dear Fallow. s ❤️
Old 08-06-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Free.

Be well Fallow.

This is a time when your family can rely on your strength.

{prayers}

Old 08-06-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Coz

Thoughts are with you Fallow.

Please remember your health and well being are really important always, but especially now when your family is going to rely on you to be super-Fallow. The world won't fall apart if you take a week or two off work!

Really hope that your wife gets over the worst of the symptoms quickly and you and the kids escape this dreaded virus, or at least the awful respiratory problems.

Old 08-06-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Morning darling Coz. xx ❤️
Old 08-06-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Coz

Thanks Suze

It is a wet day here, so my latest project might have to be put on hold. Either a shed day for some more learning how to be a carpenter, or head out in the rain and plant the five plants that are ready to go out.

How's your ankle going? I hope you are over the worst of it and can be back on your feet really soon.