Notices

Class of May 2020 part 7

Old 07-15-2020, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2020 part 7

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/448045-class-may-2020-part-6-a-21.html (Class of May 2020 part 6)

D
Old 07-15-2020, 08:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Coz

- welcome to chapter 7 of our story...

Thanks Dee!
Old 07-16-2020, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love this story.

And I know I have been quiet during the day in the past week odd dear Coz as my pain level was off the chart with my ankle, then whole leg from dragging a damaged ankle around....neither Nick or I can think of why we didn't get me crutches. It is my fault for sure as I am so difficult. Good news is that I am finally healing. Thank God and Australia for feldene gel....it is amazing stuff. Just an OTC anti-inflammatory gel that I think is the best.

Of course threads get quieter for sure....and also for a lot of us in America right now it is like
So some of us may be a bit subdued over here.

Goodnight to you dear Coz and Dee. And Willow too of course. s ❤️
Old 07-16-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I'm sorry your ankle is still hurting, Venus, but glad it's getting better. Maybe it's still a good idea to use a crutch? I'm sending healing vibes to you!
I relate to your . I'm shocked and dismayed and very concerned. I know we're supposed to avoid talking about the news, but maybe I can just mention that I am having a hard time with it. I'm trying hard to stay in today, do the best I can one moment at a time and leave the outcome in the hands of my Higher Power. I know worrying won't help. The best thing I can do now is try and improve my health, including staying sober.

Thanks for the new thread, Dee. I love our story, too. I just wish a few of our missing members would come add their portion to the story.

Old 07-16-2020, 06:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is frightening Karen and we are living this. s
I have now decided to watch the 12pm Ch 10 local news here every day and that's it. They are informative without any melodrama. I like that.

Sending so much love and wishing you a good day. ❤️
Old 07-16-2020, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's a good plan, Venus. I may try to find an unbiased and undramatic news station and do the same. Limit myself to an hour a day. Focus on things I can do something about.
I'm feeling good today. I hope you are, too!
Old 07-16-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was out for my usual walk and listening to music. Spotify suggests a playlist every day based on what the algorithm calculates you would like. One particular song immediately brought back memories from a concert over a decade ago. Reminiscing about the occasion brought on a strong craving. The dopamine receptors in my brain were firing off, anticipating alcohol. Obviously, alcohol is automatically associated with such fond memories and my limbic system is hard-wired to expect a reward. Thoughts of cold beer didn't stop until the song was over. The next song I had never heard before and the craving stopped as there was no association with anything.

I am learning more each day about the complexities of the alcoholic mind. I am going to reward myself with a pizza or something. It might trick my brain into accepting junk food as an adequate replacement for booze when I need some sort of 'fix'
Old 07-16-2020, 04:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well I had a message typed and my computer shut down. Lost it. I hate that.

Venuscat- I hope you are feeling better and that your ankle gets better soon.
Karen- I feel your pain. I don't usually go anywhere but to the grocery store or a small store to pick up a few items but with everything going on I want to go even less. Well I can't right now. Still waiting to get my results - but I know they will be negative because I feel fine now. Probably put myself at risk more by going to the place and waiting to be tested. I feel really stupid. I think I just freaked out because my daughter has it. She's doing about the same. Very tired and breathing problems. She's on a nebulizer now so hoping this helps. I feel so helpless.

On a happier note, I did my spin bike today. I haven't done it in a while. Did a class that I cast to my TV which was nice. I need some freaking cardio in my life. I've been doing lots of yoga and stretching but have neglected everything else. This is the time of year that you don't want to be outside too long because it's SO hot!
Getting a few tomatoes. The ones that can survive the heat. Ordered some clay pots. I've got lots of basil that I have been rooting from pieces. Now I have tons of it.

Coz- your birthday gifts looked lovely. I love lavender. I planted a couple of plants this year but they didn't do well. Maybe too hot or too much sun. I didn't read the directions. I feel like they would have done better in the shade.
TC- Hope you are doing well- time for some words of wisdom from you.
Dee- I am wishing you a lovely week.
Didit- How are you? I haven't seen you in a while but today is day 54 for us.
WL- You must have some crazy stories for us.
RAL- How are you? I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever!
Fallow, Lily, Maria, Dig, Zombie, NMD, Oglsby, Mystified, Kittencat- and all you other classmates- please post and let us know how you are doing.
Have a great day all!
Hope

Old 07-16-2020, 04:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Growing stuff is healing I feel....that is my thing for sure.
I bet those tomatoes will be divine Hope.

I am glad you most likely don't have the virus.
And I hope that your daughter gets better every day. s ❤️
Old 07-16-2020, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hi everyone. Short post here. I told myself to post on SR at least once per day to focus on sobriety. I havent caught up much but I saw some stuff about gardens and mine is not growing. The news, I avoid it like the coronavirus. I hope everyone checks in too. Still here, still sober!
Old 07-17-2020, 05:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hope, I love your posts, they help me remember what our class is up to, who is missing, etc. I sure miss hearing from RAL! And Dig and lots of others, too. You still may have had the virus even if you got over it fast. It would be nice if you now have some immunity.
WL, there are songs that make me think of drinking, too. Mostly I think of the bad times drinking, but a few songs bring back the good times, few though they were. I guess for now I will just avoid them. Pizza could definitely be a help, too.
I didn't avoid the news like I planned yesterday. It's just so amazing, I can barely help myself, but it doesn't help my mental well being at all, so today I will try harder to skip it.
I'm cutting small trees today, and hauling them to the woodpile I'm creating. Will be a hot and busy day.
I'm really very grateful to be sober.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning dear Karen. Make sure you wear a hat out there....I always forget. s

Yes....where is our RAL.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all

10 weeks sober for me. Hope that everyone is going well.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Old 07-17-2020, 02:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Free.

Hi. Sorry folks I’ve been drinking.
I feel so cruddy.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, TC. I'm sending you a big hug and lots of support. What happened? Are you going to be able to quit right away?
Old 07-17-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

TC, no need to apologize. This is a life-long struggle for us. Sober up and try again. I have been close to acting on the urge to drink a few times during my current sober streak. I am getting better at fighting the urges off with practice.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Been there, done that. You can stop and you will.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like i said on another thread TC - you're a wise and caring man - time to apply that care and wisdom to yourself, man.
Put the drink down drink some water, eat something if you haven;t and get some shut eye.

tomorrow is a new day

D
Old 07-17-2020, 03:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Coz

TC - sad news

I was wondering why you hadn't posted for a little while. Glad that you posted again as I am hoping this means that you are going to rejoin the recovery process?

I hope you are OK. I recall the last time you drank you were quite sick for a bit. Take care of yourself please and stop drinking as soon as you can so you don't make yourself really crook. As Dee said, drink lots of water, try to stomach some food, get some sleep and go see a doc if you need.

You have been such a support to me in my recovery and hope you will continue to be.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Free.

I’ve been at it for a few days. I feel rough. As the minutes go by I start feeling better. I do’nt recall when or why I lapsed .maybe it’ll come back to me.