Notices

Class of May 2020 part 6

Old 06-24-2020, 02:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2020 part 6

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-5-a-20.html (Class of May 2020 Part 5)

D
Old 06-24-2020, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! I think I'm shotgun! I am so glad you found your ring, Coz! That is amazing TC, that you knew where it was!
I hope you don't get very sick, WL. Please keep us informed.
My kids are adults, and we share expenses for the house, etc. which is why they may have an interest in how I'll manage without working.
I agree with you, though, Venus, that's pretty much all I will say on that to them.
Hugs and happy day all!
Old 06-24-2020, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning darling Karen.
And got it, and that sounds like a good plan to me. s

And YAY re the wedding ring!!! Just brilliant.

And lots of healing love WL....also hoping it is a coldy thing and nothing more serious. s

Goodnight Dee.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Coz that is amazing that you found your ring! Happy for you 🙂

WL hope you feel better.

I am off to work. Look forward to catching up later.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I am on day 2 again. Really trying to figure this thing out. Can I still pop into this class? You all are so kind and I can use all of the support I can get.

Love to all
Old 06-24-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Citrus! I'm glad you're here, and you can have all the love and support you want here. I hope your first days are easy. Please let us know how you're doing.
I have not felt well today. I was okay until around ten, then got exhausted and a cough. I hope it's just allergies or something. I am feeling better now, after sleeping for an hour or so. How are you, WL?
I watched a video about the importance of gratitude, and am going to try to stay grateful all day.
See you all later!
Old 06-24-2020, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great news Coz and well done to TC for helping find it.

Great to see you back Citrus You're always welcome here. I think the more classes and more we post the better. Do what you need to do and we are all here for you.x

Thanks for the new thread Dee.

Hope you are ok Karen. Take care of yourself.x

Had such a great sleep last night Doesn't it make such a massive difference, not just physcially but mentally. Thanks for all the comments about 'is this all there is' It helps so much to know we are all going through the same things and can relate to each other. Lockdown has been eased even more today, thank goodness. Caraavn parks opening next week. I have one on a beach site and have missed it so much. Can't wait to go back. All positive stuff.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I woke up around 3pm, which is great because it means I slept well. I have no where to be so no problem sleeping in.

My doctor's office call me everyday to check up on my symptoms. I probably won't ever know if I have Coronavirus. I have seasonal allergies every spring. Pollen in the air. This feels different a bit. Constant headache is my main symptom. Have a runny nose. Both are on the Coronavirus checklist. But just mild symptoms. No need to go to the hospital or be tested just yet. Just self-quarantining myself out of an abundance of caution
Old 06-24-2020, 01:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey WL, sorry to hear you're sick. Whatever it is, I hope it passes soon. Definitely rest always helps, so if you sleep in your body probably needs it.

Same to you Karen- I hope whatever it is passes.

Hey citrus Day 2 is terrific! Welcome back.

I'm not doing well myself physically and I am so frustrated. I just need to vent. With me it is more injury- my achilles tendonitis. I just cannot do anything without a setback. Before the pandemic- I was lifting weights 3x a week. I could deadlift 105 lbs which isn't much for a guy but I was pretty pleased! I jogged two or three times a week about 5 km. I also once a week did a hill/stair routine where basically outdoors there was a staircase (100 steps) and a big hill and I would basically go up and down, stairs x5, hill x4.

Does all this sound crazy lol? Maybe but I LOVED it.

When the pandemic started my gym closed and weightlifting came to a crashing halt bc I don't have equipment. So I tried to focus on the cardio. Almost immediately my achilles tendon gave out, probably from overloading it with the activities above. So that was March....? Ever since I have tried to rest it and have been slowly able to walk maybe 2 km (I used to be able to walk 15km!) but as soon as I get around there it starts to hurt again.

So ok. It needs more rest. So I bought a bike bc it is less pressure on my the tendon. Well except the calf and tendon are closely related so somehow it has got my calf hurting today and now I can;t ride the bike without pain, and I can't really walk much.

I'm sooo frustrated. It's partly the mental health aspect like how do I ever get outside to get fresh air, I can;t walk, I can't ride my bike, I guess I can ride around transit?

Aaaargh! And so then I'm like well if I can;t freaking do anything or go anywhere I might as well drink. I think the only thing saving me is I don't really have anything here.

I'm sorry to unload, I'm just beyond frustrated and discouraged. My days are like- work at the computer, sit on my butt and watch tv, do a jigsaw puzzle. I walk two blocks to get groceries although today I don't think I should even do that.

The injury- it just needs rest rest rest and I've been trying and trying to take it easy but no matter what I just have a setback every 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Coz!!! OMG I am so happy for you! ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​:dan ce1:​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​
I was just thinking about that ring the other day. How incredible! And TC- WOW. Ok- I have a Druzy ring that I lost or it was stolen a few years back. I hate losing stuff. It's not terribly expensive but was a special gift from my husband. I tore my bedroom apart. Every drawer- every closet. It was big and not something that would have slipped off my finger without me noticing. So I'm putting you on the job.
Seriously. This is great news.
​​​​​​​Hope
Old 06-24-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

itsmaria- I'm so sorry you are having a tough time of it. It sounds incredibly frustrating. Is there any type of yoga or tai chi that you could maybe try that wouldn't put so much pressure on until you recover. I don't know if that even makes sense but I hope you can figure out something because it sounds like you need the activity for your sanity.
WL- Too bad they don't have Covid tests in the dollar tree. I was there yesterday and amazed at all the tests they have now for one dollar. Pregnancy, ovulation, drug tests, etc. Crazy! I hope you feel better soon.
RAL- I'm glad you got good sleep and your restrictions are eased. Have a great day!
Karen- Hope you feel better. You know there is a Saharan dust storm blowing about. My friend got caught in it the other day in the Gulf of Mexico and it was horrible.
I picked my first tomato today and I can't decide what I want to eat it on! Very excited. Have a good rest of your day all.
Hope
Old 06-24-2020, 01:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Maria, this all messed days isn't it? Achilles heel is one of the hardest injuries. I can't jog anymore because my knees would swell up after. I just walk. Less pressure on the knee joint. I have a gym in the building I live in, and indoor pool, but both closed.

I used to have a treadmill in my suite years ago but it caused a lot of noise for the people living below me and was not good for my knees. Walking has been most beneficial. Gets the heart rate going and good exercise. No knee swelling.

Not a doctor, but my father is. He is a cyclist, almost was a professional. Spends money to import the top bikes from Italy. Volunteer as the doctor for Canada"s national cycling team. I listened to him over the years. Cycling is great for fitness, but not with an Achilles injury.

He would say to rest. Let it heal. Still a year away for a vaccine for Coronavirus. These are unprecedented times. Then we can go back to some sort of normality.

Hope you are doing well. We have probably crossed paths on the street and not known it given we live close by!
Old 06-24-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks Hopeful. I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I'll be ok. I should do stuff like that- yoga or tai chi. I'm terrible at it though lol. Anything slow and gentle is hard for me. I go all out till I hit a wall lol. Not the best approach.

WL yeah running can be hard on the knees. They say walking is just as good exercise and easier on the body. Your father is probably right- rest! I feel like in our society that's the last thing we're conditioned to do.

Yep maybe we have passed each other by! The one place I've been going to out of my neighbourhood is the waterfront trail.

Anyway take care all.

ETA I keep thinking if I drink what would be the point I would still be here on my butt. It doesn't fix anything.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Maria, I'm sorry you're having a tough time. Of course, you know drinking won't help at all, like you said, you would still be 'there on your butt'. Except sick, too. I hope it gets easier. Can you swim? You said, "Not that great for a guy..." I thought, because of your name, that you are a woman. Am I confused again? Wouldn't surprise me.
I am feeling better. It's odd, but who knows, the human body is such a complex thing.
I know we're all fed up with isolating and the virus. Georgia is having a huge spike, so I am just trying to hang with it. I've been watching a lot of Recovery 2.0 videos. They're free, very health centered and help me to stay positive.
I think I'll also start logging in daily on the Gratitude thread.
How are you Citrus? I hope it's going easy for you.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Citrus- welcome back!

RAL- better sleep is the one thing that constantly surprises me. Previously, if I got bad sleep, physically and moreso mentally, I was a wreck. I used to spend countless nights tossing and turning and my brain wouldn't shut off. Possibly because I am more active on a daily basis and I'm more focused that not my sleep is getting better
Today at work we were talking about our Christmas work do or the possibility of it not happening being even more likely. A friend suggested just everyone going to get a lunch and having a drink. Later on I thought about it and even 6 months down the line, I know for me it's not a reality. I can't have just one or two. And nor do I want to. Tomorrow is my day 39, so far every day sober is the longest day sober since I first started drinking back when I turned 18. I'm seeing that I'm taking care of myself more and feeling a lot more positive about it.

Night everyone!:-)
Old 06-24-2020, 03:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Karen- yeah I didn't write that very well! I am a female- I meant to say like a guy would scoff at a 100 lb deadlift but I thought it pretty good for a girl! Or a 43 yr old woman, tbh lol.

I shouldn't stereotype I guess!

I shouldnt
Old 06-24-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Maria-sorry you are having a rough time and it must be really frustrating not to be able to exercise cos of lockdown and an injury. I'm with WL on this though and rest up. Please don't drink - you'll still be in the same position but feel 100 x worse. I thought the same as Karen too-always thought you were female. Apologies!

WL-hope you feel better soon, rest up and take things easy. Self care is so important.

Karen, glad you're feeling a little better. Hopefully we are getting through the Covid thing and it will improve soon. I love the gratitude at bedtime thread and must also start posting in it

Zombie - totally with you on the sleep deprivation thing. no wonder it is used as torture I think it is good to think ahead to events and be aware, I do that too. Many congrats on 40 days when you wake up in the morning

Night all Off to the beach tomorrow for a picnic. It is promising to be the hottest day of the year so far! a mild winter's day for you in Oz I will be in my swimsuit and in the sea, you guys in the southern hemisphere would probably have winter woollies on at that temperature

Good night all.x
Old 06-24-2020, 03:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopefulYear777 View Post
itsmaria- I'm so sorry you are having a tough time of it. It sounds incredibly frustrating. Is there any type of yoga or tai chi that you could maybe try that wouldn't put so much pressure on until you recover. I don't know if that even makes sense but I hope you can figure out something because it sounds like you need the activity for your sanity.
WL- Too bad they don't have Covid tests in the dollar tree. I was there yesterday and amazed at all the tests they have now for one dollar. Pregnancy, ovulation, drug tests, etc. Crazy! I hope you feel better soon.
RAL- I'm glad you got good sleep and your restrictions are eased. Have a great day!
Karen- Hope you feel better. You know there is a Saharan dust storm blowing about. My friend got caught in it the other day in the Gulf of Mexico and it was horrible.
I picked my first tomato today and I can't decide what I want to eat it on! Very excited. Have a good rest of your day all.
Hope
Sorry I missed you in my post. thanks for your kind words. I hope you have a great day today and enjoy the tomato
Old 06-24-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by itsmaria View Post
Karen- yeah I didn't write that very well! I am a female- I meant to say like a guy would scoff at a 100 lb deadlift but I thought it pretty good for a girl! Or a 43 yr old woman, tbh lol.

I shouldn't stereotype I guess!

I shouldnt
We cross posted! Thank you - I understand now and that is some seriously impressive lifting!
Old 06-24-2020, 03:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all
I am always so grateful to see a bunch of new posts when I log in in the morning - class!

Thanks for the new thread Dee and congrats on shotgun Karen.

Welcome back Citrus - you can make it this time. Would you like to share what set you back last time? Have you got a plan on how to deal with that 'trigger/craving' for this time? As we all know, the responsibility to stay sober lies within ourselves, but it is so great to have understanding support and cyber-friendships with folk embarking on the same sober recovery. Post often and make this a real recovery for you!

Karen - I have three boys all in their early 20's and all living in different towns/cities. I miss having them around and don't get to see them a lot anymore. My youngest (22 y.o.) was going to come and visit about now, but our borders are still closed so that is now on hold. How old are your kids? Also like your concept of embracing gratefulness more. I will do the same as it is very easy to focus on the 'woe is me' thinking.

RAL - great that you are getting more opportunities to head out. Beach camping is one of my favourites, particularly when the weather is warmer. We're going to head out camping this weekend for the first time since lock down. Going to bush camp, so not near any other people - it will be interesting as we don't know all the good spots around here, but figured we will have to start finding them.

Maria - I so admire your love of physical exercise. I'm sure you have thought about activities you can do while your legs get some healing time. Is getting yourself a basic home gym or boxing bag an option? Or how about coming over here and lifting all my heavy timbers, or swinging a pick, or wheel barrowing soil and mulch for me?

Hope - eat that tomato on its own! I am looking forward to mine ripening soon (still very green at the moment) and will definitely eat the first one unadulterated.

Zombie - my brain works overtime always. I think it was one of the reasons I drank was to close it down for a while. So I never have been a good sleeper, but it is getting a little better and I can now sleep for about 6 hours on occasions. Very unlike WL who can sleep until 3pm!

Big shout out to the rest of the class - stay sober and sending vibes for peace and happiness.

for now.....