View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 01:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
itsmaria

Hey WL, sorry to hear you're sick. Whatever it is, I hope it passes soon. Definitely rest always helps, so if you sleep in your body probably needs it.

Same to you Karen- I hope whatever it is passes.

Hey citrus Day 2 is terrific! Welcome back.

I'm not doing well myself physically and I am so frustrated. I just need to vent. With me it is more injury- my achilles tendonitis. I just cannot do anything without a setback. Before the pandemic- I was lifting weights 3x a week. I could deadlift 105 lbs which isn't much for a guy but I was pretty pleased! I jogged two or three times a week about 5 km. I also once a week did a hill/stair routine where basically outdoors there was a staircase (100 steps) and a big hill and I would basically go up and down, stairs x5, hill x4.

Does all this sound crazy lol? Maybe but I LOVED it.

When the pandemic started my gym closed and weightlifting came to a crashing halt bc I don't have equipment. So I tried to focus on the cardio. Almost immediately my achilles tendon gave out, probably from overloading it with the activities above. So that was March....? Ever since I have tried to rest it and have been slowly able to walk maybe 2 km (I used to be able to walk 15km!) but as soon as I get around there it starts to hurt again.

So ok. It needs more rest. So I bought a bike bc it is less pressure on my the tendon. Well except the calf and tendon are closely related so somehow it has got my calf hurting today and now I can;t ride the bike without pain, and I can't really walk much.

I'm sooo frustrated. It's partly the mental health aspect like how do I ever get outside to get fresh air, I can;t walk, I can't ride my bike, I guess I can ride around transit?

Aaaargh! And so then I'm like well if I can;t freaking do anything or go anywhere I might as well drink. I think the only thing saving me is I don't really have anything here.

I'm sorry to unload, I'm just beyond frustrated and discouraged. My days are like- work at the computer, sit on my butt and watch tv, do a jigsaw puzzle. I walk two blocks to get groceries although today I don't think I should even do that.

The injury- it just needs rest rest rest and I've been trying and trying to take it easy but no matter what I just have a setback every 2 or 3 weeks.