Notices

Class of May 2020 part 6

Old 07-05-2020, 07:17 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

If I was you I think I would get the cabin....for a couple of months. ❤️
Old 07-05-2020, 08:14 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Karen - many congrats on 90 days And definitely get the cabin. As a treat for yourself and to get away from people. you have to put yourself first sometimes and think this is one of those times. It's the same here in England. pubs and restaurants opened yesterday and some of the pictures in the papers this morning are just awful.Social distancing is a thing of the past and the virus is going to peak again, no doubt. I'm keeping well away.

venus - so sorry to hear about your foot. I hope you are not in pain and are being well taken care of.xx

Old 07-05-2020, 09:06 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Free.

Coz. Have fun on your trip.

I trust that it’ll become a cherished sober memory for you.

Enjoy time with your friend.

We’ll ‘hold down the fort’ around here while you’re gone.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:23 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Free.

RAL glad you enjoyed some time in your tent.

Yes, I’m doing ok. The lustre has gone. It is a different experience now. I wrote a lonnnnnngggg post in response to Dee a couple of days back. Talked about some of the things I must do (rather immediately) for my sobriety. Talked about some character defects that I need to stay vigilant as far a recognizing. (non-assertiveness, low esteem, grandiosity, ego, inability to make a decision, fears) Anyway, was too long of a post, I got the boot. Was good to feel and process those things.

Dig: 100days!!!! Whoooohoooo! Very glad for you. I always enjoy your posts.

Karen, congrats on 90 days, I’m sure it feels good, keep on keeping on.

Venus: to quote some of the old Ukrainians I know; “How you broke your foooot?, Burned it (or) freezed it?”
Some haha for you....I hope you’re managing ok.

Hope: I too can’t take the heat. I hope that all works out.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:32 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Free.

Congrats didit and Lily on some nice numbers for sober days.

Glad you are here kittencat!

I’m posting in short bursts so I don’t lose any wordy posts.

Thanks Dee for your diligent work, as always.

I look forward to your post Zombie. Hope you’re doing well.

Everyone posting here today, I hope you have a sound, safe, decent sober day!!
Old 07-05-2020, 09:39 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Free.

I hope you’re feeling ok WL. And Maria I hope your mobility is good and that your anxiety is manageable.

Is it still HOT in Toronto?

Take care.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:27 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Coz it sounds like you had a nice little trip!

Dig spaghetti squash bowls sounds great! I’ve never tried it though- I do like my pasta. I watched the Good Place except I’ve never seen the finale and never will. I did not like the description of it. Will be curious to see what you think- most people loved it. There were a few black sheep like me that hated it. It’s almost ruined the whole series for me.

Hopeful yikes I hope you get your AC fixed. Mine was broken here earlier- it hit 31c. I felt bad for my poor kitty. Fortunately it’s fixed now.

RAl you’re having quite the luck with storms! I kind of miss camping, haven’t gone in years. My dad used to always take us….re opening- we have had pictures like that too. People at the beaches here crowded in. But so far the virus hasn’t resurged. I do think a lot of people are wearing masks, which helps. Only time will tell!

Venuscat- oh hear- I hope your ankle is not too sore. Have you been to see a doctor?

Karen- congrats on 90 days!

WL glad you are feeling good enough to walk.

TC- nice to hear from you! Yep we are averaging anywhere from 30-35c and that is without the humidex. No end in sight. I don’t mind. I’m not one to complain about the weather much.

Well gang I’m ok. Friday night I took some anti-anxiety meds and they stay in your system for like 48 hours, so that helped me through the weekend. I was able to sleep and to eat a bit better, bc the worst thing about it was the anxiety was making it hard for me to eat.

So but I can’t keep taking pills like that, it is just once in a while to have a break and reset. It’s not good for your physiological system to be on high alert for days at a time. I’m a little nervous about the pills wearing off today/tomorrow and the anxiety coming right back but we’ll see. Maybe it won’t be so bad.

I just go through this sometimes, so I just have to be patient.

In the meantime I am doing ok- biked 30 km yesterday! That was the most I’ve gone. Today I think I did close to that along the waterfront here. They closed some major roads to vehicles and only allowed bikes so it was kind of fun to to have a bike ‘highway’. I like to fast, listen to music- ACDC Thunderstruck! Lol.

Also actually went to a mall yesterday. They have created like lanes for people to only walk in one direction, and every store had someone at the front with sanitizer and tracking the # of people allowed. So they are really trying to manage. I just bought a couple of books for the next time I can’t sleep.

The MRI was ok- I though I could just stick my wrist in, but I had to go in all the way. It was uncomfortable but only 30 mins so no big deal. I just pretending I was at one of those techno dance clubs with all the noise lol.

I also got 4 new puzzles this week so I am totes excited. This is a picture of the one I just finished:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cmtrip...posted-public/

Old 07-05-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Also if anyone knows how to put photos in a post so I don't have to link like that, would be much appreciated if you could tell me! I tried but doesn't seem to work.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:02 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

There are a few ways to post pics love.....a couple of sites that are good to use

http://postimage.org

http://imgur.com

or there is a little picture image in the menu when you post, to the left of the smilie face, and if you click on that you can add an image from the internet.

There is more....but that might be enough for now. xx
Old 07-05-2020, 12:05 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by itsmaria View Post
Also if anyone knows how to put photos in a post so I don't have to link like that, would be much appreciated if you could tell me! I tried but doesn't seem to work.
ok.....you use flickr.....I think you might just need the BB code one.....checking......yes it works but that pic is a bit big.....but you can grab that link on flckr to post here. xxx

oh...I see you can change the size on flickr.....

Old 07-05-2020, 12:25 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Ral- your post reminds me of a scene from Jurassic Park. WOW! I can’t wait to hear about the rest.

Coz- Here’s wishing you an amazing time.

Venuscat- OH NO! How is your ankle? Maybe there is something to this moon thing. I love full moons but this is getting ridiculous.

Karen- Congrats on 90 days. Incredible! ! ! Same here Karen. Nothing is closed even though our numbers are skyrocketing. I don’t like going out. Most people are not wearing masks. A cabin sounds nice!

Dig- Thank you! And congrats to you on 100. May nothing break in either of our homes. EVER!

TC- good to see you. Hoping your weekend is good. Always good to read your posts.

ItsMaria- i really admire your biking. I don’t have any good spots to ride where I am now. I don’t like biking with no path. I get too anxious. I hope you have a relaxing Sunday. Great job on completing the puzzle.

Happy Sunday all!
Hope
Old 07-05-2020, 12:43 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Thanks venuscat!

Hope yeah it helps there are a ton of trails here.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:49 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hopeful! - Jurassic Park! now that made me laugh. It was a bit like that. Thankfully they moved us to another hotel
I'm also glad the moon thing is over. So strange how so many of us have had so many things go wrong over the last few days but at least we didn't drink.

Maria-loving the puzzle. how many pieces was it? Grandma RAL and I have just finished one about books which was great fun I am glad your anxiety has eased and can relate to the meds. I take an anti anxiety/depressant daily but also have a sedative whcih I take rarely only if really necessary and, like you, leaves me feeling groggy for 2 days.

So I have secured the tent again although the wind is quite strong still And raining. But I will persevere. Feel all brave and when in tent feel like I am at Everest base camp In reality I am in Grandma RAL's garden but my imagination is working overtime

Take care all
Old 07-05-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Camping in your grandma's backyard sounds so fun! Have a great time, RAL. If it gets too bad, can you go on in the house?
It's so nice to hear from so many of our classmates. Thanks for the congrats everyone.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:36 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone. I decided I needed to cook something today- of the comfort food variety. So I cooked some homemade chicken broth and then made some chicken and dumplings. I have to say my grandmother would be proud. Delicious.
What is everyone else having for dinner today?
Hope
Old 07-05-2020, 05:03 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I made a cheese and tomato omelette....my standard. : ❤️
Old 07-05-2020, 05:42 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hello classmates,

Fantastic news on 100 days dig12, must feel great!

Have a great time on vacation Coz.

Venus, ouch! I sure hope your ankle heals up quickly, do you have to stay off of it completely or do you have maybe some crutches to help you get around?

Congrats Karen on 3 months, that is really wonderful!

Hope, the broken air conditioner is tough, I hope a cool wind starts to blow to help you out.

Itsmaria, the link to your puzzle looks neat. I love puzzles and I use to do them all the time years ago, and I keep saying I am going to do another one, I really need to get serious and do it, they are so fun and for me therapeutic and calming.

The Moon was beautiful last night, and I do think it has a power also.

ReadyAL enjoy your Everest Base Camp, imagination and good fun goes a long way toward happiness, enjoy!

TC and WL good to see you! I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did, hello!

I was in the yard all day working, so I am sunburned, exhausted and my fingers hurt to type, I pulled and cut so much stuff that my hands and arms are worn out. Getting old I guess. Sure did feel good to be out there all day I did enjoy it.

Dinner, hmm, for me I think leftovers heated up. If I picked up a pot to cook, I would probably drop it my arms are so sore.

Take care everyone.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:59 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Was up at 7am. Went for a long walk. Downtown Toronto is still abandoned. There was a group of young guys filming a rap video. They had a classic car parked in the middle of a downtown street and they were rapping as another guy filmed with some professional looking equipment. I doubt they had a permit but there was zero traffic and absolutely no one around besides the odd homeless person. This just beside Toronto's version of Time Square. So strange. Even for a Sunday morning.
aren't you sposed to isolate if you test positive for COVID tho - or did i miss when you got the all clear?

D
Old 07-05-2020, 07:44 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Karen

D
Old 07-05-2020, 08:24 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Free.

9:25 ish in the evening.

Have a good day all!