Notices

Class of May 2020 part 6

Old 07-04-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Hello classmates

Your camping outing to the bush sounds nice Coz, I am glad you had a good time. The weather man on the news the other day said he was going stir crazy broadcasting from home and he took a small getaway and it made all the difference in his mental wellbeing. They do talk about it a lot on this channel I watch, even the young children without their sports, friends and school are feeling it.

Hope, thank you for your supportive post, it is so special that we can lean on each other when we need it, and to us for 6 weeks.

Lily, 72 days is wonderful and warm bread pudding sounds delicious. I am looking for new ideas for comfort food.

And as you mentioned how people are noticing improvements, so many of us have talked about our skin looking better, but I noticed last night my skin feels thicker. In a good way. I think years of dehydration made my skin feel like tissue paper, now it feels plump, in a good way, (not bloated) but nourished with moisture and plump, not flat and thin like before. Strange way of explaining it, but it feels like I’ve grown some healthier skin.

WL, glad you are starting to feel better.

Dee, good reminder of milestones, your support is special.

On sleep, I do enjoy waking up after a solid night. Still there are some restless nights. I am dreaming weird lately, working out some life problems, thinking of people who have passed but showing up in my dreams. I prefer it when my mind is quiet and restful at night.

Sober, I agree about the journals, I don’t think I want to read back either, the future is ahead, I don’t want to live in the past.

RAL have fun in the tent, sounds fun.

Venus, hello ,
TC, Zombie, itsmaria, please post.

Originally Posted by kittencat
I’m here! It appears I’m becoming quite fluent in silence.
Be careful with that, I was starting to do that and I was starting to fade away mentally.

I am glad I posted again. It does help.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:44 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Kitten. Great to see you post again! I look forward to hearing more regularly ! Popcorn and books sounds like a lovely relaxing way to spend the hot summer days. How are you going with not drinking?

RAL - have the best holiday!

Zombie - where are you? Are you OK? Thinking about you lots and really hoping you will post soon. Please let us try and help - I hope you find that sharing burdens makes them so much lighter.

Maria - how did the MRI go? Are you feeling any better yet? I really cope you are getting a break from anxiety and finding ways to stay your phsically active self.

Og, nmd, Mysti, Dig, Citrus, and all our other class mates that haven't posted in a while - how's everything? It would be lovely to hear from you!

Today for me is a bit of yard work - I'm going to pave some garden edges I think. Then I will start packing for the trip which starts very early tomorrow - yay!

Happy sober weekend to all. for now.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:49 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Coz

Hope and Didit

Congrats on 6 weeks!
Old 07-04-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hi didit! s xxxx ❤️
Old 07-04-2020, 05:42 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Congrats on the milestones everyone! And glad those that had a slip got right back here. Keep at it. We all have to keep at it whether it's one day sober or decades sober. The main thing is (I think) is to stay in the moment and not let it get to us when we stumble. Of course, none of us really wants to stumble but if it happens it's best to look forward, not backwards.

Tomorrow marks the start of Day #99 for me. I never for one moment thought I was capable of this when I started out. Looking back, it really is amazing how well the AV can beat you down if you let it. And here today, have to stay vigilant because I have no doubts that it will make an attempt at some point down the line. It always does.

As for the last few days, I actually hadn't dropped by to even do some reading but I'm now all caught up. It's the longest I've strayed from SR in the last 98 days and just being back and reading has reminded me how important it is to check in with my classmates

And with that, spaghetti squash bowls for dinner! And watching more of The Good Place with Mrs. Dig. We are almost done the entire series

I hope everyone is doing well. Talk (errrr type) soon!!!
Old 07-04-2020, 06:49 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Karen- Thank you! I agree. Much better to be sober during this pandemic. I remember thinking, what the heck am I doing? Starting to drink again during this when I need my immune system work at 100%.

Coz- thank you for the fireworks show! I do think that remembering the bad stuff pertaining to drinking and the horribleness of quitting helps to not drink again.

WL- I’m glad you are feeling better. It can only get better from here. I am terrified of coronavirus so it’s interesting to hear about your experience.

LilyLady- congrats on day 72.

RAL- Have a wonderful time!!!

Kittencat- So glad to see you again.

Didit- I enjoyed your post. 6 weeks!

Dig it is really good to hear from you. You are almost at 100. What an accomplishment! Congrats to you.

Dee- Have a wonderful weekend. You are such a great support to all of us.

Venuscat- Always love your posts.

My night ended pretty bad yesterday. Just before midnight the breaker tripped in my bedroom from the air conditioner. We reset it but it wouldn’t work so I had to move to my only free bedroom with air. It’s small and crowded and not my room and well. I cried myself to sleep. It’s like OMG can I just have one day with nothing breaking? We replaced the breaker today and it still didn’t work. We realized it is the air conditioner and although it’s under warranty, I can’t reach anyone until Monday. At that point today, in total frustration I felt like having a bottle of wine. I didn’t. I resigned myself to the fact that I’m stuck in this other bedroom until I can get this resolved. But at least I have air. To me, air conditioning is almost as important as water. I can do without many things but in Florida, I can’t do without air. I don’t care for the heat.

Anyway, I’m feeling a bit better. Got a bit of my stuff and computer in here so I feel more like I can survive. So anyway. I hope you all had a fabulous day and sleep well tonight.

Hope - who is now thinking of bread pudding and how lovely that sounds.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:28 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you can get the air con fixed as soon as possible Hopeful

D
Old 07-04-2020, 07:47 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Sending you positive vibes Hopeful

I know what you mean about feeling like things are breaking all at once. We just had our roof re-shingled. Not cheap but we saved and got it done. And of course, just a week or so later I was home by myself and kept hearing a screeching/whistling noise. Yup. AC is humming away on its last legs. Urggggh!!! So that big pat of the back we had given ourselves for saving up to get the roof done... felt like it was gone in an instant because now we are looking at a new AC unit... that will need to go on a credit card for now... grrrr!!!

Take care and here's to our getting through this without reaching for a bottle!!!
Old 07-04-2020, 08:44 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Free.

9:45 p.m. here.

Have a good day, evening, night, morning everyone.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:15 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
9:45 p.m. here.

Have a good day, evening, night, morning everyone.
Goodnight TC!!!
Old 07-05-2020, 01:30 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Morning all

Feels like I've not checked in properly for ages. Great to see so many posts and many congrats to everyone on your milestones

Zombie - I hope you check in soon

TC -are you ok?

Dig -that;s so frustrating when everything goes wrong at once Nearly 100 days too -many congrats

Maria -how are you doing? I hope you are feeling better and check in soon.

Karen -how is the book?

Coz - Hope you have a fabulous trip tomorrow. did you speak to your friend about not drinking?

WL - Hope you are feeling better and are ok

Didit -Thanks I'm with you on the sleep, even if it is disturbed it is still sober sleep

Hopeful- Hope your air con gets fixed soon, how annoying for you It reminded me of when Mr, Jr RaL and me were in Bali, We stayed 1 night in a safari park in a tree house. We could see the animals below us but there were electric fences. Anyway, at 11pm the power went off. we thought we would die from the heat it was horrendous. Plus all the electric fences would have stopped working so animals wandering round. Was pretty scary. Anyway, I digress! hope you get sorted soon

Had a very strange night in the tent. Hadn't secured the outer layer properly and it blew half way off in the wind. The wind was pretty strong at times and I was scared!! Just secured the tent properly for tonight It was very cozy though with extremely comfy new beds and great fun Day 55 for me. 8 weeks tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:06 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all

Full moon tonight and feeling pretty normal. Hope everyone else is doing OK. Maybe t is the moon that is making everything break? Yeah, I know that is a stretch, but my espresso machine broke yesterday. Critical appliance here - instant coffee just isn't the same since I stopped drinking..

Anyway, this is just a quick post before I try and get some sleep before the big trip tomorrow morning (4.30am start - aah). Have a great week everyone. I will miss you all!

Dig, I have to be a bit early, but feel safe in saying - Huge congrats on 100 days! Really great work.

Take care everyone. I hope to come back to read posts from all of our class mates - so please post!

Old 07-05-2020, 05:24 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I broke a bone in my ankle a few days ago, or cracked it, not sure....but I have 4 espresso machines one of which is Australian.....you are welcome to it.

I think it could well be the moon.... s ❤️
Old 07-05-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

My night ended pretty bad yesterday. Just before midnight the breaker tripped in my bedroom from the air conditioner. We reset it but it wouldn’t work so I had to move to my only free bedroom with air. It’s small and crowded and not my room and well. I cried myself to sleep. It’s like OMG can I just have one day with nothing breaking? We replaced the breaker today and it still didn’t work. We realized it is the air conditioner and although it’s under warranty, I can’t reach anyone until Monday. At that point today, in total frustration I felt like having a bottle of wine. I didn’t. I resigned myself to the fact that I’m stuck in this other bedroom until I can get this resolved. But at least I have air. To me, air conditioning is almost as important as water. I can do without many things but in Florida, I can’t do without air. I don’t care for the heat.

Anyway, I’m feeling a bit better. Got a bit of my stuff and computer in here so I feel more like I can survive. So anyway. I hope you all had a fabulous day and sleep well tonight.

Hope - who is now thinking of bread pudding and how lovely that sounds.
Oh love..... s xxxxx

I am like you....air conditioning is as important as water to me as well....it was (need to do celsius here) over 30 at 9pm.....what is that? 90 odd, almost 95 last night still when I went to bed and the humidity is INSANE.....90 odd most mornings and nights. So yes, I feel you big time. I would have cried as well. But thank god you had an air con in the little bedroom. I hope the other one can be replaced or fixed very soon. s xx

And I think we should all make bread pudding. I haven't had it for years. ❤️❤️
Old 07-05-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Coz, I'm sure you've already set off for your trip. I hope you have a wonderful time! We will sure miss you, too! I'm sending strength for any AV moments, which I hope you don't even have.
RAL, what an amazing adventure in Bali! It sounds awful and yet so exciting. I hope your tent stays solid tonight. Have a wonderful time and a safe one. The book was good. Not scary, good characters and a pretty amazing story.
Dig and Hopeful, I hope things stop breaking. Especially I hope your air conditioning gets fixed fast and inexpensively. I don't want to go without A/C, either.
Congrats on 100 days, Dig! Nearly a third of a year! It's an amazing thing, isn't it, when you think back to day one and the first week or so, when, for me at least, I wasn't so sure I was going to make it. One of my worst fears was that I was just doing yet another few days of hope only to be dashed by an upcoming drink.
Today is 90 days for me. Tuesday is three months.
Maria, I hope your anxiety is getting better.
TC, how are the first days back feeling? Are you keeping your spirits up?
Hugs and love to all of you.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Congrats Karen and Dig!! s xx ❤️❤️
Old 07-05-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Oh, Venus, I'm so sorry about your ankle! That sounds so painful. Do you expect it to heal quickly?
Old 07-05-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I have no idea how long it will take....but if I kept it up again today it will help.
Probably weeks, but I am hopeful that I will be able to walk soon.
My garden is a massive mess. ❤️
Old 07-05-2020, 06:58 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Was up at 7am. Went for a long walk. Downtown Toronto is still abandoned. There was a group of young guys filming a rap video. They had a classic car parked in the middle of a downtown street and they were rapping as another guy filmed with some professional looking equipment. I doubt they had a permit but there was zero traffic and absolutely no one around besides the odd homeless person. This just beside Toronto's version of Time Square. So strange. Even for a Sunday morning.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:11 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Gosh, that is rough, Venus. I hope you have a few good books to read, or something you like to do sitting down.
WL, nice that you felt well enough for a walk. I wish our streets were empty. In my town, people are pretending nothing is wrong. Serious traffic, few masks, no social distancing, nothing closed. It's really scary since I am at high risk. My family went to a barbeque and pool party yesterday. I'm praying and spraying disinfectants and staying in my room as much as I can. I can't stay away from my grandson, though. He is always needing me to play with him.
I'm still playing with the idea of getting a cabin for a month somewhere. I would worry about my grandson, though. But, what good will it do him if I get sick?