Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 4

Old 05-29-2020, 01:58 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thank you Venus and Karen and enjoy the chocolate cake-sounds yummy

The day is drawing to a close. It's so hot here still. We are not used to it! sorry I keep going on about the weather.

I received good news today-I am going back to work in 10 days. Well 95% chance of going back. Not had it in writing yet but it's looking promising. I'm so relieved. Though if I am honest, on another general point I feel England has lifted lockdown super quickly. Last week it was a light lifting and now it seems all bets are off and you can do whatever you like. Very odd and hope it doesn't start spreading again. Here in Scotland we are just allowed a little more freedom, but only a tiny bit

Have a good day or evening and look forward to waking up tomorrow on Happy Sober Saturday
Old 05-29-2020, 02:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

But, you'll have new fences and fresh garden stuff! Right? That is so cool. Once it's all over, the noise may seem worth it.
I'm feeling really down again. I wish I could be more excited about my son coming over. I love him a bunch, I'm just in a mood. I'm grateful I don't feel like drinking. And grateful he wants to come over. Hopefully I'll snap out of this shortly.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:02 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
You can subscribe to it love....up the top under thread tools.... s xx
Well I never knew that was possible! Thank you
Old 05-29-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I do that with every thread I am in and when I click on my SR tab in the morning it takes me right there....to all of my subscribed threads.
Can't remember if that is a default setting or something I did years ago....Dee will know. s xx
Old 05-29-2020, 02:05 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

That's great news RAL. What do you do? I'm glad Scotland is being careful. I'm in the U.S. Enough said.
I think we have a bunch of new smileys. Nice!!
Old 05-29-2020, 02:05 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hopefully the noise will ease soon Venus and you'll have fabulous new outdoor stuff

Karen-sorry to hear you are feeling down. I know how it feels to just want to hibernate and be alone. Maybe your son coming over is a sign of something you need even though you don't realise it yet. I hope you have a lovely evening together. Your son sounds lovely I hope when Jr RAL is an adult he wants to come and visit me
Old 05-29-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

None of the stuff happening outside is anything to do with or for me, but thank you dear RAL. s xx
Old 05-29-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
That's great news RAL. What do you do? I'm glad Scotland is being careful. I'm in the U.S. Enough said.
I think we have a bunch of new smileys. Nice!!
Oh loving the smiley I believe that will get many uses!! I work in a garden although in the office rather than in the actual garden ( not a gardener)

I imagine it differs from state to state does it? Just seen the news about the WHO. Speechless. Although prob best not discuss as political maybe. Not sure. Sorry Dee if it is.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

new smilies you say......where for art they? he he.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:44 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Coz

For the bingo players, two little ducks for me today.

Twisted brain is thinking this is an analogy to being able to swim and weather the storm.

Hope everyone is happy and sober today!
Old 05-29-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

22 days is wonderful love....this is not a storm though.....so we can't weather it.
We have to battle it. Like Noah. s ❤️

(I freakin love Bingo....used to go with my BF and other friends.....just us and a whole lot of older peeps.....so much fun).
Old 05-29-2020, 02:52 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Congrats on 22 days Coz-soon be 1 month for you
Old 05-29-2020, 02:53 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

A group hug for us all before I say good night

And a group clap

And
Old 05-29-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
22 days is wonderful love....this is not a storm though.....so we can't weather it.
We have to battle it. Like Noah. s ❤️

(I freakin love Bingo....used to go with my BF and other friends.....just us and a whole lot of older peeps.....so much fun).
Too true Suze.

But in my analogy mode, every temptation or trigger is a storm which can be weathered. And in the battle, my deck building is sort of like building an ark - well raised above the creek flood-line and already there are lots of animals lined up waiting to board! It is also giving me a project to focus on which is keeping me busy and challenged.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Oh I love it.....you are building your own Ark. s ❤️
Old 05-29-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Free.

The deck sounds nice, Coz.

Wishing everyone posting here a decent, sound, and safe day.

Be well my SR friends.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:37 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hello to all and thank you for welcoming me.

This is a great group. Reading through getting to know you all I find myself nodding my head in agreement in what so many of you are feeling and sharing. It will take me awhile to catch up, I've been reading the thread from the beginning. Looking forward to getting to know you and supporting you.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:08 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

It really is such a wonderful group....
So glad that you are now part of these amazing peeps dear ditit4me s ❤️
Old 05-29-2020, 05:24 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and thanks for the encouragement as always. Today is day 6 for me and it has been the absolute worst so far. Worse than day 1 for sure. Not because I am craving alcohol but because my blood pressure went up higher than it has been since I stopped drinking again. It was up to 150/105. I had to take the extra pill I am allowed and it still took a few hours to get under control. I just don't understand. I thought it was going to get better. It has not been this high when I wasn't drinking for the long period or when I was drinking this last time. Maybe it's a delayed reaction of my body but damn. Stop would you! I'm trying to do good and this is throwing me off big time. I was concerned enough to tell hubby that if it continued to go up I would have to go to the ER. I didn't call my doctor because he would tell me to take the extra dose and see what happens. It's just frustrating.

Hoping tomorrow is better. If anyone has had any experience with the time period please let me know.

Congratulations to everyone on their days! And a happy sober weekend to you all.
Hope
Old 05-29-2020, 05:45 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I hear you love.....and I think that your need to go to the ER over this is valid if it is this distressing. I mean, there are qualified people there who will help. Just my thoughts. It is very hard to do anything when you are this worried. s ❤️