Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 4

Old 05-28-2020, 07:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Ive been following along a few days and i figure it time i join. Kinda late in the month but never too late to quit, right? My day 1 stands at May 25 so I'm on a day 4.

I've been here many times before and have an unfortunate habit of retesting the moderation waters. My drinking escalates to binging levels everytime. Certainly enough to be unhealthy and take away from my enjoyment in life. I've also been at the blackout stage in the past and really dont wamt to return there. My wife is fighting her own battle.with drinking but I'm resigned to the fact i can only help myself

Congrats to Dig for 60days and 1 week to freedomfries!
Welcome NMD! You're off to a great start on Day #4, so keep it up and keep checking in here often

I've also toyed with the idea of moderation after short periods of sobriety twice in the past. It just doesn't work for me to moderate and sounds like the same is true for you. You've come to a great place here at SR and an active May 2020 class to keep you on your toes
Old 05-28-2020, 07:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Putting day 36 to bed. Nighty-night class. Have a good and sober night/morning wherever you are.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by listae View Post
Thank you for your posts: again, they got me through the day without drinking. I started packing my boxes and I'm moving on. I cried and, boy, was the AV really strong: "get a drink, just one." It will make the pain go away. I have SOO much shame that I feel like I'm wearing the "A" from the Scarlet Letter.

But, I'm also grateful for classmates who take time out to help and say something encouraging: believe it or not, one post of yours does keep someone out there from picking up. So, I made it through because of YOU.

I lost my job but I'm not alone, thanks to you. And I'm not on Day 1 AGAIN: I'm finishing Day 3 and tomorrow will be Day 4.
Really happy and sad for you listae. Fantastic that you got through a really tough day (in many ways) without picking up a drink , and now you have the opportunity to move on to a new employment adventure. You are doing so well - keep it up and the world will be your oyster!
Old 05-28-2020, 07:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LilyLady1 View Post
Putting day 36 to bed. Nighty-night class. Have a good and sober night/morning wherever you are.
Congrats LilyLady! Have a good nights rest.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

listae / as I was reading along to get up-to-date i was hoping i'd come across a post from you saying that you made it through without drinking // you put a big smile on my face just now and what you managed to get through today was no small feat! i'm proud of you
Old 05-28-2020, 08:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Free.

Welcome didit!
Old 05-28-2020, 08:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I wish you all a good night with good thoughts and a beautiful peaceful nights sleep. Happy sober day everyone. I just finished day 5. Tomorrow will be day 6.
Where will you all be tomorrow?
Goodnight and sleep tight.
Hope
Old 05-28-2020, 10:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Coz

Congrats on five days Hope!
Tomorrow I will have made the three week milestone.

Hope you are getting good sleeps now. I am struggling getting more than 5 hours on any night, and it is interrupted sleep. I' a bit tired, but nothing I can complain about too much as at least I am feeling a lot better than I was three weeks ago!
Old 05-28-2020, 11:10 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good morning, sobernauts. Day 8 here

The AV is getting quieter. I think it's beginning to realize I'm not going to drink.

Just got to keep practicing AVRT and recognizing beast activity. It wants to drink, not me.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:57 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Welcome to any new friends.

I'm struggling a bit today.

Feeling feelings.

I'm sober and will remain so but I'm not enjoying things very much today.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:59 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry todays not great for you Mysti. Is there anything you can do that night jeep you occupied and feeling less?
Old 05-29-2020, 12:13 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry todays not great for you Mysti. Is there anything you can do that night jeep you occupied and feeling less?
it's grief Dee. I'm not grieving well and I shouldn't keep putting those feelings aside. It's a steep learning curve that's all.
I'm being gentle with myself and by grace will get through it.
thanks for your concern.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:27 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning all

Welcome Didit and NMD. Great to have you here

Great result on getting through Listae. You will wake up today so relieved you did not drink.

Myst-it's good you are acknowledging your feelings yet not drinking. Is it another sunny day where you are? It is boiling here already and only 8.30am. Might go to the beach as our first day of lockdown being partially lifted. What are you plans for the day?

FF- great result on day 8. I love AVRT -it just makes complete sense to me too. The AV thoughts do come but as you say they are just thoughts. We don't have to act on them or engage with them.

Coz-hope you get a decent night's sleep very soon

Day 18. It's a gorgeous day here and still only early. Jr RAL away tonight for the weekend. Might take him to the beach this pm before he goes away. More reading. hope to go back to work late next week or the following week. Can't wait! Feel like I've been off forever. just so grateful to have solid sober time under my belt before going back.Thanks to you all.x
Old 05-29-2020, 12:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Mysti

Thoughts are with you. I so admire your acknowledgement that you are feeling low but still have no intention of drinking. Would it help you to write about your feelings (either here or in a private journal)? It helps me to try and put what I am feeling in words - kind of lets me acknowledge them and then I seem to be able to accept them.

Hope you feel a bit more content and happier really soon.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:40 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi RAL - that was another lovely post.

Congrats on day 18! Enjoy the sunshine!
Old 05-29-2020, 01:07 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thanks Coz-sleep well
Old 05-29-2020, 01:13 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning class,

Another glorious day waking up sober on day 12.
I’m sleeping well and waking up at 6:30/7am without the alarm clock which is good.
I’m part of a fitness group that since lockdown has moved onto zoom, I managed to see some of these guys yesterday and they remind me very much of this class, full of encouragement and positive people, and very caring and although the two groups are pushing for different things (fitness/sobriety) I can see the similarities and going after your goals as a team is so effective. So thanks for being here everyone.

Lily - Day 36! Congratulations 🥳

Listae I hope things work out for you, well done for not drinking, health and sobriety first and a new job will follow for you, I’m sure.

Welcome Didit and NMD

Coz- Week 3! Well done 👍
FF your doing great on day 8 and keeping AV at bay
RAL enjoy the beach today and congratulations on day 18 😃

Mysti I hope the day turns around for you and you have a positive afternoon

Hopeful- day 5 that’s great 😀

Anyone that I’ve missed I send my love!

A bike ride in the sun with my boys is on the agenda for me today, going to go to a large national trust site and get lost in the woods 😁

Enjoy the day everyone
Old 05-29-2020, 01:26 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Awoke at 3:30am. Got about 5 hours sleep and I'll take it. Day 5 for me. My place is slowly getting tidier. I still feel lethargic from lack of sleep over the past while. Baby steps! Have a good day class!
Old 05-29-2020, 01:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Awoke at 3:30am. Got about 5 hours sleep and I'll take it. Day 5 for me. My place is slowly getting tidier. I still feel lethargic from lack of sleep over the past while. Baby steps! Have a good day class!
Excellent news WL! Congratulation.

Totally agree that baby steps for the first week or two is all that is needed, but it sounds like you are moving forward - yay.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:37 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm frustrated at how slow the days are going I wish I could snap my fingers and be a year sober

I'm so annoyed at myself for my relapses. If I got sober andwand stayed sober when I joined SR, I'd have four months now.

My siblings hate me. I wish I could already be at the point where I could tell them I'm a year sober.