Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 4

Old 06-01-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Wise words Dee, thank you. We have 7 months left of the year and can spend them all sober. By NYE we will have 7/8 even 9 months for some of us. It can be a good year, different yes but still good

Sorry you're having a poor day Karen. Enjoy the sun and the to do list is a fab idea

thanks Kitten, I'm glad you are finding the posts helpful. Def take care of yourself. What are you reading?

Day 21 coming to a close. hope tomorrow is better.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks darling RAL.....so happy for you honey. xxx ❤️
Old 06-01-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus Hope your week is a better one.x
Old 06-01-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all.

My plan today - have a better day than yesterday!

RAL, Karen and Mysti - lovely posts (as always) - hope you are all feeling a little better and more positive soon. You are sober treasures and deserve happiness.

Kitten - I envy your long sleep! I am still on the 4-6 hours a night and can see my eyes looking darker and baggier everyday. And you are nearly at the one week mark!

WL - congrats at getting through to day 8 and making progress on getting your environment sorted out. It's sounding like you are on track to make your 30 days. I too am eating chocolate and lollies every day - I figure it is better than drinking so don't care at the moment.

Jewel - you are doing great. Are you up to day 4 now?

Tired Carpenter - I am loving your engagement and posts here and on other threads- thank you and congrats on over two months sober!

Hope - so impressed with your fitness levels! No wonder you are losing some weight.

Dig, didit, travelbug, lily, zombie, listae, orchid, mamatembo and nmd - great that you are all still on the sober bus. I personally really appreciate all your posts and really hope this awesome class can stick together for a while longer. I know I've said it before, but this class has really helped me get to day 25. Thanks.

Venus and Dee - words cannot express the gratitude I have for your wise words and support. You are amazing.

To anyone that I have missed, apologies - please post so we know that you are still with us in our May class despite it being June.

I'm not quite ready to show you my new deck (yes finished!) - I need to get all the tools off and clean up the mess (today's job), but this is the view from the deck-chair....

Old 06-01-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Lovely post Coz thank you and wow what a view. you live in a beautiful place
Old 06-01-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

(((Coz))) ❤️

The first pic is divine.....cannot wait to see the rest.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Just reading another thread and someone with long term sobriety said

'I sometimes want to drink, but I just don't'.

pretty well sums it up.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:56 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

pretty well sums it up.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:19 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Your yard is gorgeous Coz! No wonder you built a deck. What a great place to sit and meditate.
I did better later in the day. I spent some time outside, trimming and blowing mostly. That always helps somehow.
I hope tomorrow is better, too!
Old 06-01-2020, 06:55 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Annnnnnnnd exhale. I noticed that my lawn mower arms were loose and not being a handy-man I took the walk across the street to ask a neighbour for some help. He took a quick look. He said that he'd gladly help out and just had to grab some tools. He came back out with everything we'd need to fix the problem, including a beer for me...

I did not drink it though! I politely declined. He asked a couple times if I was sure. I said yes. He wasn't by any means pushy. I heard no AV. I did hear another voice saying, "Quick Dig! Make SOMETHING up!!" And I didn't make anything up. I declined a drink and didn't follow through on even a small white lie to explain it away to him. I wish I'd said something along the lines of, "No thank you. I don't drink anymore." But I know that part isn't worth beating myself up over.

It felt great and I wanted to share.

I'm just starting to read the posts from today, so I hope everyone is making out okay and even if you're not -- keep in mind that we're all here for each other and you're in the right place posting and venting, whatever it may be about.

I'll be off to bed after that, but as always wanted to check-in and read up on all of us.

Zzz (soon) from Canada, eh!
Old 06-01-2020, 07:28 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

In an effort to live a healthier lifestyle, I am going out on daily walks and eating vegetables in place of carbohydrates. I lose self-awareness when I am actively drinking and don't realize how bloated I can get. I went out for a walk this afternoon and it was such a nice day, I ended up walking for 8km.

I keep forgetting I am in my early 40's. I can't be drinking day after day and smoking cigarettes anymore without consequences. Since I stopped a week ago, I have been sleeping much better and my eczema breakout has now cleared up. I am fortunate that I have no other health problems after everything I put my body through. Good night!
Old 06-01-2020, 07:44 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post

pretty well sums it up.
I love this. It got me thinking about the many times I was drinking but wanted to be sober.
Seems like life will be much better staying sober but wanting to drink once in a while.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:52 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Coz

Way to go Dig! Well done! Is the lawnmower working again?
Old 06-01-2020, 08:06 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Wrapping up day 4.

Dig, so proud of you for turning down that beer!

WL, I’m getting healthy again too. Back to running and eating right. I gained 8 lb in 3 weeks. That’s so gross! Keep walking. You are sounding so good.

Must go read a bit to get my brain tired so I can sleep. Goodnight all.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:12 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Coz- I hope the end of your day was better than the beginning. Chocolate is so much better than wine. That VIEW! OMG. Amazing.

Kittencat- 13 hours is so much better than no sleep. I WISH I could sleep that long some days! I lived in zone 9 as well. It can be a challenge. I have tomatoes growing right now. Hoping they get ready before the real heat hits and they won’t do anything. I like to garden in the Earth boxes or something similar. Basil and peppers are doing really well in them. The summer is a challenge when it’s so hot and humid. Not just for plants- for humans.

RAL - wishing you sleep tonight. To me, sleep is a valuable asset when you are trying to be sober. So valuable. Congrats on 3 weeks!

Travelbug- congrats on day 5!

Karen- hoping you have a better day!

Dig12 - excellent job saying no.

WL- you are doing great. I’ve heard a lot of people say their eczema clears when they eliminate alcohol.

I just completed day 9. I felt pretty good today. Did some yoga. I worked a bit on my garden. I kind of obsessed with rooting basil from cuttings. I started more cuttings and transferred some to bigger pots. My tomatoes are so encouraging! I then decide to work on getting my fishing rod back in order. I know how to fish but I don’t remember how to tie the line and hooks. I haven’t fished in a while. So i put new line on my rod. That was a challenge but I did it. Tying the hook was more of a challenge. I had to put it down until another day. There is something about knots that my brain just doesn’t comprehend. But it felt like a productive day. I wanted to do the line stringing sort of as a challenge. It is something I can totally see myself doing while drinking a glass of wine. So I did it with lots of Lacroix.
Hope you all get lots of sleep and we will see you tomorrow. Oh one more thing. Early this morning I had the most pleasant dream. I was in a TV show that I loved as a child. So pleasant. I did not want to get up but my little dog started walking on me. Good dreams are amazing!

Hope
Old 06-01-2020, 08:54 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hope congrats on getting to double digit days tomorrow! I have been dreaming very vividly. I couldve sworn this guy reached out to me through an instant message at work, but I checked the history today and he never did. I was thinking about it for days over the weekend but was shocked to determine I had to have dreamt it. I hope I am not completely cuckoo at this point! We'll see 🤣
Old 06-01-2020, 10:05 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
love is the answer

I feel flaky not replying to my classmates individually. I'm sorry. I appreciate all of you sharing your lives here.

I can't focus on anything for long right now. I'm losing track of conversations here and I apologise if I'm not thanking the people who are supporting me.

Just and know I appreciate you.

Over half way through day 4 according to my tracker.

Walking through this season is hard. I'm crying a lot but having to keep reeling it in because my kids are confused as to why their Mom is suddenly upset all the time. 6 months tomorrow I lost my Mom guys. That's what it is. I'm just so very sad.

Sorry to bring the tone down.

I'm proud of all of you.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:51 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Mysti

Congrats on making it back to day 4. I can't imagine how hard it is dealing with grief and all the emotions associated with withdrawal all at once. It is kinda good that you are feeling the feelings rather than trying to drown them. My thoughts and cyber strength are heading your way - especially tomorrow.

I never quite know the right thing to say, but I am really sorry for your loss and also really proud of you for looking after yourself and your kids through this sad time. I'm sure your mum is really proud of you at the moment too.

s

Old 06-01-2020, 11:27 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

#great result Dig Sometimes it is better not to explain to people ime.

WL-I relate as also in my 40s and realise I can't keep doing this without health consequences. Glad you are sleeping better and enjoy the walking

Hope-congrats on day 10 when you wake up

Fallow-you're not Cuckoo, that happens to me too

Myst-sorry you're having such a difficult time. I am sure that the longer you are sober the more able you will be to handle your grief. Everything is so raw in the early days of sobriety and grief on top of that is awful.Can your GP refer you for grief counselling perhaps. Mine offered it after my sister passed away. And don't worry about not responding to peopel. Just take care of you and let us take care of you too

Day 22. This is the last day of the decent weather and I go back to work later this week too so that's worked out well Going to take Jr RAL out for the day as he only got back from his father's last night so not seen him for ages. He always seems so grown up when he gets back. I don't baby him and he is independent but when he gets back from his father's he seems quite different. Ah well, they grow up so quickly don't they.
Not much else.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:32 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think RALs idea of grief counselling is a good idea Mysti?

D