Notices

Class of May 2020 Part One

Old 05-02-2020, 12:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day everyone (or night) D
Old 05-02-2020, 03:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Can’t wait for today to be over, Day 1 hangover and feel so ill. Not trying to garner any sympathy as I did choose to travel down this road. Just got to suck it up. I just spoke to a friend and that helped a lot, I’ve been getting my mind in knots all morning and just speaking to a real person knocked me out of that mental spiral.

How is everyone doing today?
Old 05-02-2020, 03:32 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 1 will always be a hard one to deal with. You should feel better in a few days again.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

It's day zero for me. Relapsed on listerine

Oh well. I didn't drink much and it didn't lead to a bender so that's progress
Old 05-02-2020, 04:23 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry FF. Have you thought about AA?
It may not be entirely to your liking but the support is pretty much everywhere.
You need to start building some easily available easily instituted alternatives to drinking.

You need to start to believe that not drinking is not as agonising as you've convinced yourself it is.
Support will help you in both those things.

Drinking Listerine is not a long term solution FF - you know it, we all know it..

You're young now but those kinds of self destructive choices will make you old really fast.

D
Old 05-02-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR dear Tryharder. hug: s
Lovely to meet you. xxxxxx

Old 05-02-2020, 05:22 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tryharder2 View Post
Hello, I’d like to join the class. Day 1 again, I hope that I get it this time and it sticks. I did get a year sober in the past but over the last 6 months I have been getting worse and worse, drinking more and more often. This week I was drinking gin at 8:30am a few days. I’ve really sunk low, I want to be better, do better before it’s too late and there’s no way back.

So here goes, time to be accountable and do whatever it takes.
I'm with you Tryharder2!
Old 05-02-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Day 3, and trying to keep my resolve so I am posting here today. I hope everyone is feeling okay and doing okay.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Day 3 is wonderful love!! s xxx

With you all the way here....let's do this Saturday.
Anyone else gardening today?
Old 05-02-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm gardening today, Venus! It is the most beautiful day.
Hello May class! I'd like to join in here, too. I am also in the April class.
Freedomfries, please be careful. Google "Drinking Listerine" and see what it says. It's very dangerous. I am praying for you. Dee gave you some great suggestions.
Today is going to be a great day for staying sober. It was so nice to see so many people here that I know from April!
Old 05-02-2020, 06:32 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Keep going Karen and soberbeauty!
FF, I hope you can get back on track now and not slip further down the rabbit hole. Drinking listerine is not good by any means, alcoholic beverages (however bad they may be for us) are meant to be drunk, listerine is not. We all need some type of recovery plan to stick too
Old 05-02-2020, 07:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi all. Got some decent sleep. A little overwhelmed thinking about stuff I should or could do. Trying to pace myself.

My plan for the day: Some weeding. Water my indoor plants. Paint basement step. That's it, then relax, maybe read some of my book.

Also: Breathe. Drink water. Breathe. Check back later.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:21 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I like that plan a lot dear silversky.
See you later! s xx
Old 05-02-2020, 10:22 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Dropping in and seeing that lots of us are going to take advantage of a great day with good weather. I am too. Just got back from flying my drone and taking some aerial photography of my daughter who was filming her solo dance routine. She's crushed that she won't be going to competitions with her team and with her coaches, but she's happy enough with submitting her solo routine in a virtual competition to one of the largest competitions in Canada. Fingers crossed
Hope everyone is enjoying the day and staying sober. I know it's hard and that's exactly why we're all here together. Because it's not easy. But having SR as one of your go-to resources to me is one of the best things you can do for yourself. We're all alike in at least one way and that's why we're here. Together. Let's roll!!!
Day #35 for me rolls on...
Old 05-02-2020, 10:28 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbeauty View Post
I'm with you Tryharder2!

Keep us posted. Drop in. Pulling for you and Tryharder and FF (all of us for that matter). The hardest part is the burst you need from the starting point. I firmly believe once you've gained enough reason, commitment and determination to have enough momentum out of the gate that you'll get past those hard first 1-7 days (my experience but I'm sure we're all different) and into a spot where you can really start to hammer away at sobriety and the tools you need to use (and not use) etc.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Exactly, Dig! I have a wonderful picture in my mind of your daughter dancing while you film her with a drone. Wow, what a world we live in!
I've been in the yard all day. I'm thinking of all of you, and especially those who are struggling. Keep going, it's so worth it. I have had some really low times, around two weeks was almost as bad as at the beginning, but only for a couple of days. I nearly drank, and now I'm on day 26 and not wanting to drink at all. I know more low times and probably more cravings are in my future, but knowing how good it feels to be sober will help me get through it. And, mostly, coming here and writing about it and accepting the help and support of the people here.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:07 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dig12 View Post
The hardest part is the burst you need from the starting point. I firmly believe once you've gained enough reason, commitment and determination to have enough momentum out of the gate that you'll get past those hard first 1-7 days...
This is really helpful dig. Thank you. Helps to remember that it's not hard "forever" like this first week.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:56 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hmmm... trying to add a signature line... did it work?!?
Let's find out.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:12 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Maybe try doing it in SoberRecovery Desktop mode.....I think that might work. xxx

But you can't add font size code. xx
Old 05-02-2020, 12:36 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

So Karen you whirlwind.....

I haven't gotten that far yet today. Very hard for an Aussie when the weather is 50 for days (and my body gets re-used to that temp which is brrrrrrrr in Aus) and then it is 80 all of a sudden. Sheesh. I keep cooking out there today.