Notices

Class of May 2020 Part One

Old 05-12-2020, 10:49 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Thanks Dee,Red, Karen, Venus & Cos and hello to everyone else.
5.10pm now.Shop shut. No alcohol in house. Will get through day 1

Right here with you honey. s xxxxxxxx
Old 05-12-2020, 11:27 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Got through Day 11. Haven’t got past 10 days this year and just need to keep going one day at a time. Feeling depressed though and hoping these meds kick in soon but only been taking them 8 days so maybe it will take some time to work? Had an update from work that it’s very likely I will be working from home until at least September, another 15 weeks away. That’s a very daunting prospect. I don’t think it’s helping lift my spirits but it is what it is I guess.

Hope everyone is ok x
Old 05-12-2020, 11:42 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

It does sound a bit daunting, but perhaps going one week at a time will help a little. s

Congrats on getting to 11 days.....such a wonderful achievement, especially while dealing with depression and work stress and life stress and all da stress.

Maybe this will help a bit.....you are not going to have to commute through the hot summer months. Or wear clothes that you need to rip off as soon as you get in the door. Maybe a tiny silver lining? xxxx
Old 05-12-2020, 11:50 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

So good to be back. Just reading through all the threads and posts. Hope everyone is doing ok.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:59 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

You missed a big meltdown by me over the weekend.....I say that lightly, but I got a lot of help including an online session with a counsellor.....I think a lot of people are dealing with situational depression right now. I know I am trying my best to pick myself up at the moment....doing the things my psychiatrist recommended 20 years ago. I feel a lot better than I did on Sunday, but I can't seem to smile. Well, not much.

The weekenders thread is helping me a lot....lots of wonderful pics and videos and all things supportive to get through,well, this current situation that we humans find ourselves in.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ay-2020-a.html (FOMO feeling at Weekends? Weekenders 08 - 11 May 2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Day 11. This is getting hard now during this pandemic. The boredom I mean. I am playing the Nintendo Classic Mini and have beat Super Mario 2. I never beat it when I was 12 years old so 30 years later, I got my revenge!
Old 05-12-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

he he go you WL.

Why are you bored love? What can't you do that you would do if this wasn't happening? Sort of a rhetorical question, but still. s xx
Old 05-12-2020, 01:32 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Good job, TryHarder. We are on the same sober streak. I am going to binge on Netflix instead of beer tonight!
Old 05-12-2020, 01:32 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hey ReadyAtLast welcome!

So I still want to drink but I do feel better today, Day 10. So maybe it is true like the physical withdrawals are mostly over by day 10.

I also feel my commitment back a little bit. I slept well, I did some strength training today just in my apartment and I felt energetic and I would like to see once my gym opens how I do with no alcohol. It's hard right now bc I don't have access to the equipment I normally do.

So just wanted to say today was a bit better and maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel!

WL do you like to read, can you get some books? I got a couple of jigsaw puzzles, 1000 pieces and that has given me something to do.

Ford said maybe more things will be opening up soon? Canadian Tire is open. So normally I do not give a **** about CT but when I read they were open I was super excited. It will feel like a vacation to go shop in a store!
Old 05-12-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyoe onm those milestones
Welcome Bethany

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
Nothing Dee. Sometimes I do and it helps and sometimes I guess I just want to drink more then staying sober? .

nah, if that was true you wouldn't be here at all
Not drinking and turning to support instead is a conscious decision.
It requires a fair bit of effort but it gets easier the more you do it. - part of developing those sober muscles I'm always on about.
I had to kind of stand outside myself in those moments and look at what I wanted - a different new and better life....or more of the same.
Your addiction won't like it - It will kick up a stink - but that's a sign you're on the right track
A little short term pain for long term gain.
give it a try Stubbs
D
Old 05-12-2020, 02:24 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi Maria, good to see you too
I hope you feel better now Venus and sorry to hear you had a bad weekend. I agree, so many people are having depression and anxiety at this time.
I'm furloughed from work and now worrying about actually being made redundant at the end of all this too. But trying to not think about that now. I'm in bed, it's 10.30pm and I made it through day 1. Doubt I'll get much sleep but sure I'll feel much better in the morning than I have for the last month. Got a list of stuff to do tomorrow but will go easy and juts do what I can.
Thanks to you all again for this great community and support.x
Old 05-12-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
I'm in bed, it's 10.30pm and I made it through day 1.

Many congrats! I found day 1 the hardest day by far. Well done!
Old 05-12-2020, 03:01 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Yay RAL, day 1 in the bag.

I know this is premature.....but a massive amount of new employment opportunities are coming out of this. s xx

Goodnight love. (((hugs))) xx
Old 05-12-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread is here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-two.html
D