Notices

Class of May 2020 Part One

Old 05-01-2020, 11:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm joining again and am serious: I've been trying to "moderate" and do "harm reduction" with no success. On January 1, 2019, I committed to sobriety and SR. Logging in daily (sometimes multiple times a day) kept me sober for five consecutive months (this is the longest time that I have ever had in decades of drinking). I'm committing again on the first of this month to join the SOBER class today: to do everything in my power to stay sober: to conquer my fear.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
I'm joining again and am serious: I've been trying to "moderate" and do "harm reduction" with no success. On January 1, 2019, I committed to sobriety and SR. Logging in daily (sometimes multiple times a day) kept me sober for five consecutive months (this is the longest time that I have ever had in decades of drinking). I'm committing again on the first of this month to join the SOBER class today: to do everything in my power to stay sober: to conquer my fear.
Listae, I am in a similar spot.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You know what I am going to say darling Listae...awesome to see you. I missed you love.

And onward together!!!! s xx
Old 05-01-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I gotta jump in here.
Sobriety date is 4/20/20.

I am not feeling confident, but it would be awesome if I can stay sober all through May!
Old 05-01-2020, 11:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

With you every step dearest Fallow. s xxxx
Old 05-01-2020, 11:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Listae I have been there too. Been on this site around a decade. The longest stretch I got was 10 months. Every time I drift away from SR I wake up with a hangover at some point. So I am staying glued here!
Old 05-01-2020, 11:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good idea.
That's what I did. s xx
Old 05-01-2020, 11:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Count me in for May! I'm on Day #34 today. Never expected to where I am today. I've put together what I call my "Dream Team" and SR is a HUGE part of my team.
Regardless of what "day" you're on - we're here together on SR for the month of May. Happy to see so many people already jump aboard! Let's roll!!!
Old 05-01-2020, 11:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Going to say it again: you are awesome dig!!! s
Old 05-01-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dig12 View Post
Count me in for May! I'm on Day #34 today. Never expected to where I am today. I've put together what I call my "Dream Team" and SR is a HUGE part of my team.
Regardless of what "day" you're on - we're here together on SR for the month of May. Happy to see so many people already jump aboard! Let's roll!!!
Congrats on Day 34! I am only on Day 2 but I am going to be on Sober Recovery and following a bunch of Sober stuff on IG to help keep me motivated. My longest streak of sobriety is 9 months.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yay! Uploaded an avatar. Oh the small things on SR that make me smile
Old 05-01-2020, 01:55 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I know this is the first sober Friday night for some of the group......and I know how magic it is to have a class thread to come to and talk about triggers and cravings and all things re how-to-get-through-this-Friday-night-in-one-piece-and-sober.

So let's talk.....and get through a lovely peaceful Friday night together. s xx
Old 05-01-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome soberbeauty listae Dig and Fallow
D
Old 05-01-2020, 06:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Glad to see this group coming together. Thx for the BD wishes.

I'm wrapping up Day 3. This day went OK. The next few days are when I'm prone to be irritable. My longest streak was 2018, when I was sober the whole year. Been trying to get back since then. The timing feels right as I hit a new age today that is humbling.

Today my driver's license also expired and I can't renew it under quarantine. That makes my ID invalid for buying. I'm sure I could get away with it but it's another incentive.

I'm trying not to overthink this.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Wrapping up Day 2 and am going to head to bed early. Nice to meet everyone and hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:35 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Just checking in to catch up... annnnnnd say goodnight!!! Hope everyone is well and safe and sober
Goodnight from Canada, eh! Zzzzzz....
Old 05-01-2020, 09:05 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hello, I’d like to join the class. Day 1 again, I hope that I get it this time and it sticks. I did get a year sober in the past but over the last 6 months I have been getting worse and worse, drinking more and more often. This week I was drinking gin at 8:30am a few days. I’ve really sunk low, I want to be better, do better before it’s too late and there’s no way back.

So here goes, time to be accountable and do whatever it takes.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:28 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome tryharder2
D
Old 05-01-2020, 11:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I'm popping in from the March 20 group, so I'm about 9 weeks sober.

From my new experience I'd suggest sticking very close to this group and each other. Don't be embarrassed about posting a lot. I use the site to journal my experiences, but it's also amazing sharing with people experiencing some of the same stuff.

All the best...my experience is that after two weeks I noticed I felt physically better and at eight weeks started to feel some very raw shoots of feeling emotionally better (but that still goes up and down!).

Work hard at it
Old 05-01-2020, 11:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x
great to see more people join up to the class x as its morn i have forgotten each name above me already, but in time as this is normal me lol i will get to remember people names, so please dont be offended. I have read all ur posts aswell x will explain a little of my memory sometimes on how it goes lol like at work if a card doesnt swipe and i have to put in that dam long number in, is that i have forgotten already how much or what the customer wanted lol so again please dont be offended. Â
I have woke up to some sort of blue sky, so havent got much plans like most as we are all in simliar situation with lockdown x so for now i will do my pledge x
i pledge i wont pick up today, day 2 and saved another £7 pounds x still waiting for my planner to put up and start putting those red crosses and fivers on it, hoping it comes tomo x

will leave it there for now, going to get another cup of tea and wake up a bit more, hope u all have good morning or whatever time zone ur in xxx