Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 9

Old 04-21-2020, 05:36 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

SBTS, I love it when I get a really good bit of work done. For me, as a recruiter, it's crafting a really good communication based on good market knowledge. When one of those hooks a really good candidate it is very gratifying. You sound like you did some gratifying work yesterday. A reminder to me that this is a facet of my life that does aid my well being - although given we are now dead for a few months maybe I should not be dwelling on that!

Re: the pop tarts, I do get what you're saying. I've always known what they are and have always put them in the "filth food" category. This is a category I am usually an expert on as I can see the value in some good filth and not just the fine cuisine! It's a bit of an anomaly I haven't yet tried one so shall look forward to it.

I'm here watching films again. Watching uncorked which is a decent, easy viewing film (but it's about a black kid who wants to be a sommelier - a touch triggering) and this morning watched Thunder Road which was really good - I recommend Thunder Road. I am a fan of those offbeat dialogue heavy, cooky style comedy / dramas.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I think helping your BF with that draft is a wonderful thing to do dear SBTS, and although not your client.....a very good use of your time. I am glad you got paid for helping out with that. I look forward to hearing the result. s xx

Fifth food group.....is that the empty calorie food group? Where alcohol lives? xx
Old 04-21-2020, 06:07 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Fifth food group.....is that the empty calorie food group? Where alcohol lives? xx
that's the one!!
Old 04-21-2020, 09:07 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Yes that seems to be a popular food group lately. Bf is out (checking on the renovations again) and I just ordered Shake Shack for lunch which was not a great decision financially or health wise; I have plenty of food in the house that would've been a better choice on both fronts. But it's hard to say no to myself during these strange times. I will be making dinner tonight, so that's good.

Having a reasonably productive day so far. I've officially decided the universal advice that you should get dressed in real clothes in the mornings when working from home is overrated. I honestly seem to do better on the days I don't bother and just get straight to work in sweats with my coffee. Early mornings are my most productive time so I think this is helping me harness them better. When I eventually come up for air I can worry about getting dressed then.

Back later!
Old 04-21-2020, 09:52 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Shake shack is my all time favourite burger. The double cheese burger - love the bun, love the seasoning of the patties and like the dressing. A perfect sized burger and absolutely delicious!
Old 04-21-2020, 10:12 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I have never had it....but we are having BareBurger again tonight because I wore myself out with way too many hours of hard work yesterday. And they are the best burgers I have ever had. So ha ha. xxxxx
Old 04-21-2020, 10:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Suze, isn't Columbus Ohio the home of White Castle? Wish I had tried them when I was in town last summer!
Old 04-21-2020, 10:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Brian.....love.....you are talking low low quality food. Bottom of the food chain. No Australian on the planet would eat their food. BareBurger is modern, hip, top quality healthy food. Plus fries of course, but I don't eat them.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Brian.....love.....you are talking low low quality food. Bottom of the food chain. No Australian on the planet would eat their food. BareBurger is modern, hip, top quality healthy food. Plus fries of course, but I don't eat them.
Oh totally, but I like going to those kinds of places in the States for some weird reason. Also, it was in the Harold and Kumar film!
Old 04-21-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Sorry, I'm infesting this thread today. 3 films down: Thunder road (v good), Uncorked (solid) and a documentary on Amazon Prime called The King of Arcades which I loved as I love old school arcade games. A solid day's viewing!!
Old 04-21-2020, 11:12 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Post away.

I have a zillion movies to watch, and Bosch Season 6 and lots of Star Trek Discovery which I have never seen. And I am not really watching any movies at the moment. Just my tv shows.....on YouTube tv the day after with no ads.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:27 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briansy View Post
Shake shack is my all time favourite burger. The double cheese burger - love the bun, love the seasoning of the patties and like the dressing. A perfect sized burger and absolutely delicious!
Yes, double Shackburger is the platonic ideal of a cheeseburger. I've made more than one friend and colleague jealous during the pandemic with my ability to procure Shake Shack easily as it's only a couple blocks from my apartment.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:10 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Oh and - bf heard back about the brief I helped with yesterday morning and apparently it was good enough to get a (virtual) hearing set. So, we'll see on Friday what happens.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Amazing! Nice work!

Yeah, unfortunately Five Guys moved into my neighbourhood in London which means no chance of Shake Shack. That makes me sad. Five guys is OK but the fries are weird and the burgers are just big and messy and not as tasty. Plus the decor is a bit odd.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:19 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

At work today. We're working in the office about one day a week, and I'm doing the rest from home.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:34 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
At work today. We're working in the office about one day a week, and I'm doing the rest from home.
Can't wait to get back to the office...
Old 04-21-2020, 02:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Lol pop tarts, what flavour? I don’t mind the chocolate ones...
But to be honest, I’d rather golden crumpets with butter and raspberry jam..... oooh now that gets my mouth watering
So are they in the fifth food group or is it filth?

I need to put crumpets on the shopping list.

I still haven’t watched Big Little Lies.... I have the DVD set.
We don’t have Netflix or anything like that, just free to air tv. I rarely watch it though, mostly prefer to read.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:19 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

So we can't get those here Willow, but I found Duffy's Crumpets (UK) that are almost the same. I have tons of packs in the fridge.....and don't forget strawberry jam, honey, and lemon butter. But vegemite and cheese is always first......
Old 04-21-2020, 09:44 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I like strawberry jam too, but I like raspberry even better
Yum!
Old 04-22-2020, 12:59 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Well, I went to 3 supermarkets this AM with the intention of buying pop tarts. It appears they are no longer available in the UK and those that are are American imports available to buy in specialty stores and online. I went fully in the knowledge that pop tarts were a horrendously bad high sugar start to the day so when O couldn't find any I bought a packet of munchies and washed them down with diet coke. A pack has kess calories than 2 Pop Tarts and same craving satisfied!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchies_(confectionery)

Just out of curiosity, I'm gonna order some online...which I've now done - went with Raspberry!