Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 9

Old 04-23-2020, 03:46 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Re: Class of November 2019 Part 9

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
We call cotton candy fairy floss
<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I love calling it fairy floss. Every American I tell that too just looks at me strangely. </div>
Old 04-23-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I am super cranky this morning, didn't sleep well. But I'm functioning and doing work. I am literally sitting up IN my bed, under the covers, but I am doing work. That is how I can function today. And it's working better than yesterday, when I got up and put on real clothes, then got about 20 minutes of real work done all day. Haha. I might get a decent day of work in today. Bf left to go to his grandmother's nursing home to drop off the iPhone I mentioned yesterday, so I have the house to myself for a couple hours. Hope everyone is doing well today.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:58 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Also Briansy, FYI for your pop tart experiments, I have concluded that coffee is not the proper beverage, at least not the strong black stuff I make. It overwhelms their flavor. Milk, as I drank in childhood, is a much better pairing.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:49 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

The blueberry bagels we got yesterday are the best I have ever tasted in my life. Ahhh, the little luxuries huh? Actually, I have enough bagels in the freezer for all of us.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:55 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I'm so sorry, the eating disorder discussion was in another class...
Old 04-23-2020, 08:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

We just had grilled chicken with Greek salad and home made tzatziki... my gosh!
Old 04-23-2020, 08:57 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

No worries love, it sounds like we all relate. Well, most of us. I had anorexia for quite a while and I still struggle with it occasionally. And yum!
Old 04-23-2020, 12:13 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
Also Briansy, FYI for your pop tart experiments, I have concluded that coffee is not the proper beverage, at least not the strong black stuff I make. It overwhelms their flavor. Milk, as I drank in childhood, is a much better pairing.
<div><br></div><div>Pretty much the only thing liquid that passes my lips bar water is diet coke or diet pepsi! I find it goes with everything! And after watching "What the health" this morning I think I will be avoiding dairy for a while!</div>
Old 04-23-2020, 01:36 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

LOL Briansy, Diet Coke seems like a totally appropriate pairing for pop tarts as well.
Also, just in case anyone thinks I'm only eating pop tarts or other non-real food, this week I have made us: white chicken chili & chocolate mint brownies on Sunday, egg salad sandwiches with dill on Monday (dinner was leftover chicken chili), spicy meatballs with chickpeas on Tuesday, grilled cheese with caramelized onions & Gruyere and a side salad of baby spinach with (homemade) mustard vinaigrette yesterday, and tonight I'm making a coconut miso salmon curry and some blueberry crumb cake because those brownies from Sunday are GONE. We also had pizza and Shake Shack, and I did eat pop tarts twice, but everything in moderation right?
Old 04-23-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

You can come and cook for us SBTS lol. This week we have been eating shop bought quiche, leftover roast from Sunday and curried sausages. My partner made the sausage dish and I am not a fan that is for sure lol. We did have a cajun chicken salad but as it was cooked by our teenager it was rather interesting... Not exactly how I would have made it and I did not detect any hint of cajun seasoning at all. Oh well. We are all culinary challenged in this household lol. Just as an aside, I cannot seem to use punctuation like apostrophes in my posts

Last edited by Willow00; 04-23-2020 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Editing to make my message become visible lol
Old 04-23-2020, 10:56 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Seems there is a technical issue with quoting and paragraphs too. A couple of my posts yesterday didn't go through. Morning all!&nbsp;
Old 04-24-2020, 01:34 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Having a little trouble posting.&nbsp; I wrote the best, most inspirational thing I've ever written and now it's gone.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:57 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry about that OOTT - I really am. Hope things will be fixed soon.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

heard the new Stones single or their isolation version of You Can't Always Get What You Want OOTT?
Old 04-24-2020, 04:14 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I was thinking last night, re our ongoing food conversation, that I have a ton of bagels, crumpets, muffins, some lovely Italian bread and now I have challah. Never before have I had all of these things at once. And it feels completely gluttonous. I don't mean I am overeating, not at all, but just having a full fridge and freezer made me feel a bit guilty somehow. Silly I guess. This morning I am making Nick french toast. With challah...the way my mum taught me. I must say, I make awesome french toast. You are all invited. Might be a bit late for Dee though. (((hugs)))
Old 04-24-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

That's the exact opposite of my cupboards and fridges etc, Suze. I consume almost everything on the fly. The only thing I have a constant supply of in the house is diet coke, salt, ketchup and mayo!! Occasionally something will last a few days in the fridge / cupboard but that's it.<div><br></div><div>Had some quite strong cravings today. Pure addiction - I'm feeling good, slept well, not down or depressed. Just want to get drunk. You talk about triggers but I'm not sure there always needs to be?&nbsp;</div>
Old 04-24-2020, 05:30 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Love, I think the diet coke could be a part of the problem here. Have you thought about letting soft drinks go? (((hugs)))
Old 04-24-2020, 05:54 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Briansy, your fridge sounds like my boyfriend's before we moved in together. If you're a single man and not in the habit of cooking much I guess that's what it looks like! I hear you on wanting to get drunk. I personally doubt the soda has anything to do with it. If diet Coke keeps you sane I say go with it. 2 and a half weeks into sobriety I was eating candy and god knows what else and I know a lot of other people do the same. IMO it's not the time to police your food intake or worry about anything other than not drinking alcohol. Maybe make a list (if you haven't already) of reasons why you want to quit drinking? And if you have, then read it over. One thing I always find helpful is reading over my own old posts on SR. It's like me talking to myself about why I don't want to drink.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:07 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Yeah, I don't think it's the diet drinks. I truly don't. They've got a bit of caffeine in them but that's about it - there's a debate over aspartame as a flavouring but I think there's a lot worse out there to be ingesting!&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Yeah, I was thinking earlier about the nausea and insomnia that follows after the binge. Just the weakness and that's leaving aside mental anguish! I had better not binge. Not worth it at all.&nbsp;</div>
Old 04-24-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Have just watched Out of Africa again. Can't believe it's 35 years old. When I compare it to 1917 (the closest recent film I could think of to this genre) or most of last year's films I think of how standards have dropped lately in films. And also this recent trend of filming everything in this kind of grey light where you can't see what's going on. Just nonsense. Have you seen it SBTS and Suze?