Notices

One Year & Over Part 74

Old 05-10-2020, 10:55 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning OversÂ

Reid congratulations, good to see you. A year is brilliant! _You_Rock

Itchy, my sister was a nurse and says she could give injections to anyone but herself. I noticed, maybe just a coincidence, but I usually get bruises from at least one of the injection sites, but I got none when I did it. I’m staying home too!

Sassy, I’m really impressed with your a OFH, I’m glad you’re there and safe. xx

The sun is shining at the moment, much colder though.

Take care and be safe my friends. xxxx
Old 05-10-2020, 11:03 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Welcome Reid82, congratulations on 1 Year.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:23 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Itchy, I had no idea that Jimi Hendrix was playing with Little Richard. That is almost as comical as Hendrix opening up for the Monkees on a tour.

The sense of urgency with the virus around here has gone down greatly. Though our part of the state is still in lock down, tons of folks are out driving around to somewhere. Customers are back to shopping my store several times a week once again, instead of shopping for two weeks at a time. Though case counts have been slowing down, they were still up 13% in my county last week. It ain't over yet kids.

Early day at work. Been up since just after midnight. Ugh.

Congrats on one year Reid. You successfully navigated a year of birthdays, holidays and family gatherings. Well done!

Be safe all!
Old 05-11-2020, 01:16 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congrats on your first soberversary Reid and welcome to the Overs!
Old 05-11-2020, 02:11 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Congrats Reid on celebrating ONE YEAR!

It's time for you to learn the famous Secret Over Greeting as teached to me by Itchy

Welcome aboard compadres!
Old 05-11-2020, 02:18 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Reid
D
Old 05-11-2020, 02:39 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Welcome, Reid!

We lost another R&B great yesterday. Betty Wright passed away at the age of 66. I was only 6 years-old when I first heard "Clean Up Woman" and that song helped fuel my love of R&B music.

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 05-11-2020, 03:28 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome guys and gals
Old 05-11-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs.

It looks like another gorgeous day here on the ocean. It’s currently 45 degrees F and it will likely end up around 50 F.

Have a good Monday to all!
Old 05-11-2020, 05:42 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hi Itchy love.

And star.....I am beyond flabbergasted. What was the point of all of this is we are ignoring the CDC and not waiting until the cases drop in numbers. I really want to go home a lot right now, where I would be safe.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:45 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Sunny morning here.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:01 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Stay safe Star.

Sunny here this morning too Andy. Though there’s a smattering of frost on the lawn.

Have a good day my friends. xxxx
Old 05-11-2020, 11:01 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,yeah, I can cut open a splinter, and do minor surgery for skin tags and I&D on myself. But not a shot. I taught my wife to give me my blood thinner shots in my stomach when I had a DVT back in 2003. And she didn't want to at all.
I agree about Sassy's living quarters and staff.

Star,Yep a lot of no masks and folks going to gatherings and restaurants here too. Idjits. Stay the course bud, I think we are in for another year and it getting worse. Stay the course regardless of what the others do. Darwin award candidates all! Here's the Wiki on Little Richard's antics, a good read and memory jog here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Richard

FBL,I don't think I know or heard "Clean UP Woman," but I liked the beat and arrangement.

Sassy,Hey! Same here and they say we are getting some rain here possibly in the next few days. The weather here is sunny and bright every day to the point it's like Los Angeles with beautiful weather so much I yearned for any change. It may be safe to turn the sprinklers back on now and aerate, weed and feed and spread grass seed or hire some one to sod it and get the yard in. I can use the exercise!

CK!Good to see ya pop in to welcome Reid with the Overs secret greeting. Reid, don't worry you'll get it. Thanks for covering CK!

Suze,I'd go with you but at my age no country wants us, especially since the first world countries all have some form of socialized medicine we have not paid into. Besides, whether boat or plane, not for me. Remember we tried to move to Canada in late 2016-early 2017? No dice. (Unless we had several million $$ we were willing to invest Immediately in Canadian companies.)

I spent all day trying to clone my old Dell XPS 2720 system from its hard drive to a new WD Blue 1TB SSD. The Apricorn Drive wire failed, Macrium reflect made me wait an hour for my email address to be approved, and the WD Acronis was a 2016 version all of them free. I finally downloaded EaseUS free which I'd used years ago. It was fast and worked on the first try. I've upgraded a lot of systems to SSDs and was a fan of Samsung 3D drives. This WD Blue screamed faster boots reliably than even my Surface Pro 7, and it's new this past December. It has 8GB RAM and I also have a 16 GB (2X8) of Crucial RAM en route slowly from China to bring it to its max RAM. They used 4GB (X2) so to max it I have to replace both chips. I am a happy camper now, after I took that All In One apart to R&R the drives three times.

Nite y'all stay safe.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:57 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice work Reid !
Old 05-12-2020, 02:23 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

The new donut/ice cream shop opened up yesterday. It's only a couple of blocks from my office and I've been watching the construction for the past 6 months. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to walk in and place my order. The staff was wearing gloves, but no masks. Took me back to the good old days of February 2020! Anyway, the ice cream was delicious, if a bit over-priced. Not quite as good as the local frozen custard though, so I doubt I'll be going back anytime soon.

Tonight I have two Zoom meetings. The first one is for former radio people from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Should be old-home week for me. The second is my FB recovery group. Looking forward to both!

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 05-12-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

A friend sent me a copy of a plain English description of the effect of not wearing a mask by an infected person. After reading that, no way would I go into any place where they don’t wear masks!

Suze, over the years I have periodically thought about moving back to my native country. Sadly it just wouldn’t be practical for me. Ultimately I hope we will get past the incredibly partisan divide we now have. No place is perfect.

Another gorgeous day coming up :-)
Old 05-12-2020, 03:10 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Here’s a link to the article I mentioned, written by a prof at umass:

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them
Old 05-12-2020, 03:17 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Dee, I have a question: when the programmers change things around, does anyone who uses the threads get to weigh in? This morning I found that the button near the bottom is gone and to quickly go back to the list of threads I now have to scroll all the way to the top. Annoying and not logical.

Dee, never mind, I moved this to technical thread.

Last edited by Saskia; 05-12-2020 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Add sentence
Old 05-12-2020, 06:42 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I am with Sass.....if they are not wearing masks there is no way I would be buying food there dear FBL. That is beyond ridiculous. Every retail employee and food service peeps etc in OHIO are mandated by law to wear a mask.

And Itchy love, you would be most welcome in Australia.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:28 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

It's like when the eye of a hurricane passes....we think it's over but the other half of the storm is about to hit....I'd better not let my guard down either!
Did someone say coffee?