Notices

Class of March 2020 Part Two

Old 03-20-2020, 12:15 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Morning everyone day 5 for me and feeling strong in early sobriety. Its my little ones last day at school so we just get activities prepared to do with him at home. Looking forward to this turning point in life
Old 03-20-2020, 12:30 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Morning all. Snap tink - apart from my lads in year six so possibly his last day at that school! He's really upset and so am i, no time for closure or a proper goodbye

I overslept this morning, but that's cool. Got things to do all day and seeing a friend later so I'm happy with that
Old 03-20-2020, 12:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Ah be that is sad for him that he wont be able to finish his last year properly, its so bizzare trying to get head around it all, mine is just year 4 so not as much impact but he is mixed about wanting to be off but actually wanting to be there will miss school and his friends. I gave up work in January to help with my mental health and sobriety, I'm even more pleased i did that now as i would of been so stressed if i was still at my job. Its so strange though, obviously I'm concerned for people's health etc, but i feel a very comforting content feeling that this is exactly time my life will change for the better.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:36 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I don't feel directionless or isolated.....I really have so much faith that we will be OK here. We just need to adjust for a while and of course there is lots of financial worry for people....me too.....but one day at a time, I will keep doing my best.

I am actually thinking about the work I will be doing after this settles down....I see a lot of need ahead.

Huge hugs to all of you.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

WL I think a lot of folks are reassessing their priorities right now.
congrats to everyone celebrating milestones

D
Old 03-20-2020, 05:39 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good day everyone!

Well, here in the states things are getting serious, maybe later than they should have. California now on "shelter at home" orders. Here in Pennsylvania, all non-essential businesses closed.

I confess I made an early grocery run this morning. Lots of empty shelves. Can't get a banana. Who knows how this goes?

Others have mentioned this and it happened to me as well: I have less desire to drink than I can remember. Hmm. Something to ponder because surely it points to an innate resilience and hope that we all can tap into and develop to the best of our ability.

Have a great day everyone, stay calm and carry on. I think the Brits knew what they were about when they came up with that one.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:29 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Good day everyone!

Well, here in the states things are getting serious, maybe later than they should have. California now on "shelter at home" orders. Here in Pennsylvania, all non-essential businesses closed.

I confess I made an early grocery run this morning. Lots of empty shelves. Can't get a banana. Who knows how this goes?

Others have mentioned this and it happened to me as well: I have less desire to drink than I can remember. Hmm. Something to ponder because surely it points to an innate resilience and hope that we all can tap into and develop to the best of our ability.

Have a great day everyone, stay calm and carry on. I think the Brits knew what they were about when they came up with that one.
I ventured out to the grocery store yesterday and actually found fresh chicken! Limit was two packages per person so I was good. The only things that you couldn’t buy were rice, pasta, and any paper products. I noticed a few people with cases of beer in their cart and wasn’t jealous. Feeling better with a clearer head an my concentration levels are improving day by day.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:42 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

That's great Bil!!! (Including the chicken ). xx s
Old 03-20-2020, 08:58 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That's great Bil!!! (Including the chicken ). xx s
Well, I almost typed live chicken which is a little too messy. Thanks for checking in, all the reassurance helps a lot!
Old 03-20-2020, 09:17 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

God I'm flat again! In fact (whisper it quietly) I think I may be coming down with something...

I am early in sobriety so maybe it's a result of that...but I have zero energy and my legs weight about three tonnes each 😳.

Nurse.....!
Old 03-20-2020, 10:15 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Lots of fluids and rest I think. And faith.....lots of bugs around always. And of course take your temp love....that's important right now. xxxx

Hope you are feel better dear Be. s xx
Old 03-20-2020, 02:07 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

GoodNight all and enjoy your live, no sorry, FRESH chicken bilr. I thought Ossy Osborne was in our midst!

Old 03-20-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
GoodNight all and enjoy your live, no sorry, FRESH chicken bilr. I thought Ossy Osborne was in our midst!

Okay BE, you found out who I am. I am the Prince of Darkness, just don’t tell Sharon I’m here, lol.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:40 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
Well, I almost typed live chicken which is a little too messy. Thanks for checking in, all the reassurance helps a lot!
Live chicken, this made me chuckle 🤣 have a great day Bilr ❤️
Old 03-20-2020, 11:46 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Morning billy m and bilr.

Tink, WL , willow and pelgaric too

And hi Dee and Venus too

Been woken up early by sun streaming through the curtains - maybe spring has sprung?

Have a great day all
Old 03-20-2020, 11:57 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning Be

Day 9 here
Old 03-21-2020, 12:08 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Good morning Be

Day 9 here
Morning FF, good workout on nine days, double digits beckons
Old 03-21-2020, 12:13 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Yep.

You any exciting plans for today? I'd love to go the gym but for Corona. Oh well

Going to be studying for an exam I have in May. Which will probably be cancelled due to Corona!
Old 03-21-2020, 12:17 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

No plans - my gym shut yesterday too. Gonna spend some time with the kids planning the next few weeks to keep us all sane. Probably going to buy loads of paint today so I can paint house top to bottom in coming weeks/months

Probably go for a walk up a hill. I'm also ploughing through the SMART recovery materials so will give them a look at some point. No rush 😂

Whats the exam in May?
Old 03-21-2020, 12:34 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

It's a french exam