Good morning on day 7. one week
One week! Way to go FF
Old 03-19-2020, 01:03 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks Willow
Old 03-19-2020, 01:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good day all.

Starting day two and feeling OK. Day one went better than I had any right to expect. I could even eat and went out for a walk through the (empty) town. The university is closed for the semester now and my wife is home, teaching online. I taught there for years as well but preferred in person to online every time.

Congrats Be, FF and everyone getting this done!

Tink, I have a personality disorder as well. I know it was a big cause of my drinking. Tried therapy and antidepressants twice but didn' t get too far. Wishing you all the best with your treatment! Just getting a good diagnosis and a good therapist is a big relief.

More later, but in the meantime, stay the course, negotiate these trying times, and keep posting!
Old 03-19-2020, 01:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you too Be

D
Old 03-19-2020, 01:34 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Welcome Pelagic!

Been absent for a few days, but still here, 19 days today and still feeling positive amongst all the current craziness, excited that in 2 days it will be 3 weeks 😊
Hope everyone is doing well - Tinkerbeau, so glad you are feeling more positive.

​​​​​Love to all 🤗
Old 03-19-2020, 01:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done Billy

D
Old 03-19-2020, 01:36 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Well done Billy

D

Thanks Dee ❤️
Old 03-19-2020, 02:03 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Great job Billymac

Pelagic I’m glad you’re feeling ok. Look after yourself. Well done on getting to day 2, you’re doing great
Old 03-19-2020, 02:49 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Great job Billymac

Pelagic I’m glad you’re feeling ok. Look after yourself. Well done on getting to day 2, you’re doing great
Thanks Willow, hope you're having a great day 🤗
Old 03-19-2020, 03:27 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Billymacintosh View Post
Thanks Willow, hope you're having a great day 🤗
I have had a good day thanks Billymac
I’m just off to bed, it’s 8.30pm here and I’ve just finished day 18
Looking forward to a nice sleep and waking up sober on day 19, so I think I’m half a day behind you
Old 03-19-2020, 04:56 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Should make it to Monday no problem. The AV was strong yesterday evening so I went down town.and spent all my money on a mother's day gift and card. So broke til.monday
Well done on a week freedom thats great, i think the fact you spent your money on a gift for your mam is lovely and shows how determined you are
Old 03-19-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Billymacintosh View Post
Welcome Pelagic!

Been absent for a few days, but still here, 19 days today and still feeling positive amongst all the current craziness, excited that in 2 days it will be 3 weeks 😊
Hope everyone is doing well - Tinkerbeau, so glad you are feeling more positive.

​​​​​Love to all 🤗
Thanks billy, i think with all thats happening in the world its pushed alcohol from my mind and made me so determined thst this is a huge turning point for all aspects of life
Old 03-19-2020, 05:00 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Good day all.

Starting day two and feeling OK. Day one went better than I had any right to expect. I could even eat and went out for a walk through the (empty) town. The university is closed for the semester now and my wife is home, teaching online. I taught there for years as well but preferred in person to online every time.

Congrats Be, FF and everyone getting this done!

Tink, I have a personality disorder as well. I know it was a big cause of my drinking. Tried therapy and antidepressants twice but didn' t get too far. Wishing you all the best with your treatment! Just getting a good diagnosis and a good therapist is a big relief.

More later, but in the meantime, stay the course, negotiate these trying times, and keep posting!
Thank you yes my emotions and not being able to cope with them and i guess struggling to deal in situations have defo led to my drinking i think. Im really hoping i can get the correct meds and help this time.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:26 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Glad to see everyone doing as well as they are. It’s weird but my head is foggy when I get up in the morning but nothing like the hangovers where it was hard to get out of bed and function. I will take this fog over that crap any day.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:29 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

It does seem like a positive group at the minute. I know tink had a setback but seems well back on the ball already!

Im feeling a bit flat today. Nothing wrong with that, can't be up and buzzing all the time. Not sad or low just a bit...meh

Old 03-19-2020, 10:55 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me....another day working from home. No plans to go anywhere. Perhaps a nap this afternoon...we'll see. Stoking up the wood stove to warm things up and dry them out. Love this not going anywhere....I could be ok with this for a few weeks.....certainly could help with my sobriety....get a few weeks under my belt then see how things go.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

BE, I know about the “meh” mood. I am there about 50% of the time or more. I’ll attribute that to only being sober less than three weeks and my brain adjusting. My energy levels are all over the place.

Otter, I take a nap every day because my nighttime sleep is still not great. The isolation is good for some of us so we can reflect on ourselves.

Tink, I am pulling for you that you get the right meds to deal with whatever is you are. Alcohol was a crutch I used to get by on a lot of social situations. We all need to find out more about ourselves and learn to deal with it differently.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:39 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I agree about the meh feeling too, and brain fog and tiredness. I think it’s all part of our body and brain adjusting to life without booze, and starting to heal
Old 03-19-2020, 10:31 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

For the past decade, I have been directionless, isolated, and without a clue what am supposed to be doing with my life. It's really strange that the entire world are now pretty much in my situation. Alcohol has been my coping mechanism but not the reason I am struggling so much. I haven't even thought about drinking since world stop turning last week. I have come to a conclusion what my next step is when things normalize. I think I have good reason to believe I will be sober for the next year.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:12 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning on day 8.