Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

There are a lot of bored people about

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:31 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, good words and advice by song....I hope it hits home to the unbelieving.

I forgot it was Sunday...doesn’t really matter though.....it’s today...that’s what’s important.

Beautiful sunny day today. Hubby is sorting the greenhouse out, a bit late I think, but he knows best. I just pick the tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers when they’re ready.
Ooh we had grapes last year, first time in about three years that it had produced grapes.. hopefully we’ll have some more of those too.

Have a good Sunday my friends and take care and stay safe. xxxx
Old 04-05-2020, 12:11 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Morning all, keep safe
Old 04-05-2020, 12:58 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Second that emotion ^^^

Keep safe everyone! Wear a face mask and latex gloves if you must go out anywhere.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:06 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Indian curry sounds yum! I'm loving taking the time to cook and make the most of my ingredients. Overeating has always been a struggle for me but I feel like I'm finally ready to take back control and find balance.

Happy Sunday all
Old 04-05-2020, 02:26 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Another sunny quiet day (I hope).

Take care and stay safe.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:55 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Thanks Itchy Very clever....I like the dog!

Found this image online:

Old 04-05-2020, 04:03 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Had a delicious steak sandwich from one of my local Mom & Pop eateries last night. I've been rotating between my two local favorite restaurants. They are both independent (not chains) and I've become friends with both owners. They are really struggling to stay open and they truly appreciate all the business I've been giving them the past few weeks. I'm also trying to hit the Mom & Pop grocery stores as much as possible.

I'm super grateful for my outdoor walks lately. I'm seeing lots more people walking about and just about everyone I've come across (from a safe distance, of course) has been smiling and polite. Speaking of which, I'm just about ready to head out on my extended Sunday morning stroll down by the river.

Have a Super (Safe) Sunday, overs!
Old 04-05-2020, 04:08 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

^^^Did the same thing the other day when I stopped at a food truck for the first time.....not that I have the xtra $$$ to spend, but their quesadillas were yummy!
Old 04-05-2020, 07:11 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Magsie

Great poster Purps!
Old 04-05-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Hi everyone -

I appreciate being able to come here and see everyone’s quick hellos. It feels active and is a friendly social touch point for me.

With K now exploring by climbing on top of counters, I reorganized my pantry cupboard to move all of the counter breakables and unsafe items into the cupboard(like the knife block), and moved most of the shelf stable items down to the garage below the house. I’ll get my steps going up and down, when I cook, but now my counters are completely boring

SS- I tend to overeat too. Now that I cook for everyone, though, I’m a bit burnt out on cooking and I’ve lost interest in eating more than what I’m satisfied with. Now the voice in my head is like ‘save that extra little bit and you won’t have to cook tonight - feed the family leftovers - and get to sit and read instead’! Ha ha

happy Sunday
Old 04-05-2020, 02:30 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Hand washing- do it lots people,, imagine a child putting both hands in the toilet- and all the places germs might go- car keys, the shirt you are wearing, door handles, coffee cup handles......
Old 04-05-2020, 09:34 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

PJ - I don’t have to imagine it. You are quite literally describing my life since I brilliantly decided to potty train during COVID. Ha Ha

In all seriousness, I recommended disinfecting the kitchen sponge, mobile/laptop, and door handles regularly too.

night night
Old 04-05-2020, 10:07 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

PJ, I’ve got some antibacterial cleaning spray and clean door handles, taps, letterbox and anything I can. I’m laughing cos I remember my mum when she got a paint brush in her hand.
We’d come in from school and she’d say ‘just think everything has been painted’! she’d be busy with her dettol and bleach, if she was alive today.

Keep safe and take care my friends xxxx
Old 04-05-2020, 10:55 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Damp this morning, a good day to go shopping.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:57 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Be safe Andy!

Take care all!
Old 04-06-2020, 12:12 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Hello all!

It is a beautiful day here today. Chilly but sunny.

I am venturing out to donate blood this morning. There is a shortage at the moment because lots of people aren't able to go out to donate.

SE - Good job with your baby proofing you probably know this, sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but make sure your saucepan handles are facing inwards when you're cooking - little ones sometimes grab them and it can be dangerous.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-06-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Andy,
You bet there are some bored people out there. My SH does all the shopping, always has, and would never allow me to go shopping for us unchaperoned. Sheesh, she's got something against smoked oysters, New York style smoked Nova salmon, and Souse. I found masks for sale last week and they should be in in a couple of days. I have been out briefly in the yard but have stayed in for almost two weeks now.

Mags,
I hope folks take heed too. Your garden sounds wonderful.

Star,
We do wear mask and gloves in the store. We kept boxes of nitrile gloves before the virus hit. We've plenty.

Sassy you take care too!

Purrs,
Glad you liked them. Thanks for the great thank you Pic -stole it!

FBL,
Good job on supporting the mom and pops. They need the support. We are just not going out. My early Air Force years were running the big steam autoclaves, doing hospital infection control. Then I cross trained into Medical Lab. Those virii can travel across the street with any wind at all. Lots of folks in denial. I believe there will be a lot of regrets tomorrow in the minds of the deniers today. Be careful Paul.

PJ,
Right on!

SE,
I don't do diapers! For that very reason.

Sophie,
Good job! Blood is life. I used to give blood but since I lived in Germany in an agricultural region with fungal pathogens and Mad Cow Prions I'm no longer allowed to donate. Part of my lab tech job was sticking and taking blood donations during AF drives for the local blood bank. I wish there were more like you.

I'm doing hobby projects and still getting the new place perfectly decorated and form following function.

It's 5am, guess I'm sleeping till noon again. Nite all.