Notices

Class of January 2020 PART 4

Old 02-25-2020, 04:34 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Yes...was going to mention the Divergent series but I thought you would laugh at me.... s xxx ❤️
Old 02-25-2020, 04:43 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yes...was going to mention the Divergent series but I thought you would laugh at me.... s xxx ❤️
Divergent was awesome!
Old 02-26-2020, 01:51 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

hi all

Doing pretty well here. I think my new life paid some small dividends at work yesterday. The results of an extended period of clarity I guess.

I have been exercising far more in the last few weeks, which seems to feed into my mood, and helps me feel accomplished.
I still look approximately the same. Nobody's confusing me with the young Brad Pitt yet, but whatever.

The vain side of my nature imagined something different by now. Just by not guzzling wine. Again, it seems to be what we actually "do" when sober that makes the difference, not just being sober. Including exercise, rest and diet. No magic button there, I guess.

DB7, you had a very interesting question about feeling synchronicity for places. And whether we feel any extra intuition since we began all this journey. I don't always feel things as clearly as you described, but do get an intuition about people or situations. I think I am more in tune to those feelings over the last few weeks.
& as far meeting Jeffrey Dahmer .. terrifying.

OK. Off to the gym
Have a healthy, happy and sober day all, Stay strong.

dlb
Old 02-26-2020, 02:37 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Morning dlb ❤️
Old 02-26-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Morning all. Hope everyone has a great day.

I've not been loosing the weight from drinking all that beer as fast as I would like, but at least there is a chance now where there was no chance before.

Nothing from sobermafia, hope she is hanging strong.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:59 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Morning all. Hope everyone has a great day.

I've not been loosing the weight from drinking all that beer as fast as I would like, but at least there is a chance now where there was no chance before.

Nothing from sobermafia, hope she is hanging strong.
Sorry to say that I stumbled, and I am only on Day 2 now. I am going to see myself out as I don't want to be the cause of anyone else stumbling or slipping. Thank you all for your kindness. I admire you all deeply for your strength.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:02 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobermafia View Post
Sorry to say that I stumbled, and I am only on Day 2 now. I am going to see myself out as I don't want to be the cause of anyone else stumbling or slipping. Thank you all for your kindness. I admire you all deeply for your strength.
Hello sobermafia,

I as well as everyone else I am sure would love to see you stay.

We all have slipped.
I can guarantee your slip will not cause me to drink. If anything your post will lead me to become more vigilant.

You started here and I personally welcome you to stay.

I hope you do
Old 02-26-2020, 07:36 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

dlb, young Brad Pitt isn’t all that anyway. I think it’s awesome that you have an exercise routine. Outward appearance doesn’t matter. It’s how you feel in the inside, and it sounds like you’re doing really well.

Good morning Cityboy!

sobermafia I echo everything that fishkiller so eloquently wrote. You’re part of this group, and you being here won’t trigger me to drink. It’s all up to you, of course. Whatever you choose, we’ll all support you. May I ask what the situation was that caused you to slip? I’m wondering if talking about it will help you.

Speaking of weight.... I’ve gained a lot. Not being able to exercise because of my foot, and indulging in sugar to deal with depression (I know, not good) has caused me to balloon. I’m going to quit eating candy and no syrup on waffles today. We have 8 miles of trail behind our house. Once my foot gets better, I’m going to walk everyday. Just putting this out there to make myself accountable.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 02-26-2020, 09:45 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Oh love......no need to do that.....we all care about you. And we have all been there.....if this was easy.....well.....we wouldn't know each other. s

I hope you stay. xx ❤️

And maybe come post in the Feb class thread too? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-26-2020, 09:48 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

So twin.... I am also about to start walking every day (next week, better temps) and I also don't think Brad Pitt is all that (although he is a pretty awesome human). I actually wrote something like that earlier and deleted it.

Oh.....looks like a brilliant new Apple TV show with Octavia Spencer and wait for it.....Aaron Paul. (Jessie, Breaking Bad). it's called TRUTH BE TOLD and there are 8 eps. Don't know if you have Apple TV, but maybe. xx
Old 02-26-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Me too except I’m back to day 1. Again. I’m so disappointed and mad at myself. A friend’s husband died suddenly yesterday. Way too young. Heart attack out of the blue. I was so overcome with feelings of my own sadness from loss of my loved ones, and the seeming futility of it all. I knew it was a stupid thing to do but last night I just didn’t care. At all. And I drank wine. Today I am not hungover, but just really really mad at myself.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

If I am going to pick a male actor to be confused with........ Liam Neeson perhaps. At least he doesn't seem to be a total dweeb like most of them. I'm sure that my wife would find the thought of that comparison to be hilarious.

It's so hard to get into a routine for something like walking. I know that I feel much better when I walk at least a couple of times a week. Daisyb7, I wonder if it would be easier on your foot to use the machines at the gym, at least for a while to build the strength back.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Me too except I’m back to day 1. Again. I’m so disappointed and mad at myself. A friend’s husband died suddenly yesterday. Way too young. Heart attack out of the blue. I was so overcome with feelings of my own sadness from loss of my loved ones, and the seeming futility of it all. I knew it was a stupid thing to do but last night I just didn’t care. At all. And I drank wine. Today I am not hungover, but just really really mad at myself.
Just posted to you in another thread....always feel weird repeating myself......

Darling Willow,

What you have gone through in the last few years is a lot. It's really way too much. The expression 'burden of grief' really means that.....and you have had too much to bear. I could not have gotten through all of that without some help.

There are wonderful grief counsellors. And they or whoever you choose to talk to can help you find the way back to you.....to the inside place where happiness and light is.

It is really hard to not grab the closest tool that used to work when we are in so much pain. So that's done now, yesterday is over.
Today is about finding your hope again......and maybe someone to help a little. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 02-26-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope neither of you will leave.

These are support threads - and the support is as much for those who've stumbled as for those who are racking up the days.

I know the hardest thing to do when you want a drink is to post here and rat yourself out - but I hope everyone here will do that.

Reach our for support when you need it. The only thing better than coming back immediately afte drinkign is not drinking at all. Everyone here is capable of that.

Maybe your plan needs to be reinforced,,,maybe you need to consder things you've been reluctant to, like AA or some other meeting based group, or - for some - some form of inpatient or outpatient rehab.

soberwolf posted a reminder of the two wolves parable in other thread.

There are two wolves within us. The one that wins is the one we feed.

Feed the good wolf.

and welcome back guys

D
Old 02-26-2020, 03:24 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
So twin.... I am also about to start walking every day (next week, better temps) and I also don't think Brad Pitt is all that (although he is a pretty awesome human). I actually wrote something like that earlier and deleted it.

Oh.....looks like a brilliant new Apple TV show with Octavia Spencer and wait for it.....Aaron Paul. (Jessie, Breaking Bad). it's called TRUTH BE TOLD and there are 8 eps. Don't know if you have Apple TV, but maybe. xx
Get.out.of.my.brain! I’ll have to check out that show. I love Octavia!! I didn’t quite make it through Breaking Bad. It was too much for me for some reason.

Awww... Willow I’m so sorry for your friend’s loss, and for yours. I can imagine how difficult that was for you. You’re always welcome here. I hope you stay.

If I am going to pick a male actor to be confused with........ Liam Neeson perhaps. At least he doesn't seem to be a total dweeb like most of them. I'm sure that my wife would find the thought of that comparison to be hilarious.

It's so hard to get into a routine for something like walking. I know that I feel much better when I walk at least a couple of times a week. Daisyb7, I wonder if it would be easier on your foot to use the machines at the gym, at least for a while to build the strength back.
Excellent point! It is pretty hilly around here, and parts of the path are dirt and small rocks. Probably wouldn’t be a good idea to tackle either right away.

Dee, so well stated!
Old 02-26-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Maybe you could rent a treadmill love....short-term, so you can control the impact. Or a rowing machine....something that doesn't put any pressure on your foot. s
Old 02-26-2020, 03:31 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

willow I hope you stick around too. This one small setback is easily overcome.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

I hate the thought of anyone leaving the thread.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Me too. s ❤️

( I hear me three, four and so on..... ).
Old 02-26-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

I hate the thought of anyone leaving the thread.
Yep

This is one time I do not want to be the last man, or woman, standing.

Keep coming back y'all