Notices

Class of December 2019 part 4

Old 01-02-2020, 02:39 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Red-I am, after a detour, but no booze will cross my lips in 2020.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:46 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

BTW-I can't tell you how hard it was to admit that stuff. I wanted to hide it, but I knew it would be better in the long run to come clean.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Absolutely, Bob. I’m so glad you shared even if it was difficult. Thank you.

I have been drinking every night since Christmas and no one knows. I can’t believe how out of touch my husband can be, but actually he’s being very gracious by letting me get out a lot for time alone over holiday. Well, no more. Today is going to be day 1 for me.

You have all been so great and encouraging. I need you today to get through this first day. I have a couple of cell numbers just in case, but my plan is to stay home until my hair appt. I will come home straight after that, then I am taking my daughters to dinner and a performance tonight. I don’t drink in front of them so should be good.

This has to be the year for me. I can’t do this anymore.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Jewel-I will try to stay close today. I will respond here fairly quickly.

I don't understand how my wife doesn't know. I have signs. Like I only snore after I've been drinking. How can she not smell it in the bed? Especially the next morning. I don't know.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
BTW-I can't tell you how hard it was to admit that stuff. I wanted to hide it, but I knew it would be better in the long run to come clean.
So much love dear Bob. s ❤️

Your wife trusts you, and it was just a few days really....if you had kept going I am sure she would have noticed love. s

And now it is a bright fresh new year and we can all do this together....one day at a time. s xx
Old 01-02-2020, 06:22 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Greetings from Scotland

Up bright and early and feeling pretty darn good on the 2 Jan. It is another bank holiday here today and there will be many sore heads as 1 Jan is a typical drinking day here in Scotland. As if we needed a special excuse -any day would have done for me

Anyway. today I have 1 weeks sober. It seems so much longer. a week is hardly anything but the difference I feel in such a short time is amazing. I've lost 4 pounds in weight, feel much less bloated, my skin looks and feels smoother. I think it looks less bloated and asked Mr Ral and he said it definitely looks less red so that's good. Sleeping better, eating better, better mental health too. More peace of mind and clarity.

I still have some intrusive thoughts and feel quite intolerant of people at times which is a huge failing on my part. If I could be a recluse I would be. I'm just trying to be a better and nicer person.

Taking Jr RAL to the beach this morning then will spend the day doing chores, chopping wood ( I will post a pic of the woodpile!!) and have some quality family time.

Peace. Peace of mind. That's what I have when sober. Not the constant scramble to feel better or get the next drink or trying to grasp some concept in the future. Or the constant talk in my head, ok I'll stop tomorrow, next week etc and on and on. Even the physical stuff too is becoming more prominent the older I get. My doctor said I'm young enough to turn stuff round, lose weight etc before I get serious health issues. Give it another 5/10 years and it will be too late. I don't want to be ill. I want the best life I can have.

Wishing you all a peaceful day with peace of mind and good health
What a fantastic post!!!!

And one week is AWESOME honey. s ❤️
Old 01-02-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Absolutely, Bob. I’m so glad you shared even if it was difficult. Thank you.

I have been drinking every night since Christmas and no one knows. I can’t believe how out of touch my husband can be, but actually he’s being very gracious by letting me get out a lot for time alone over holiday. Well, no more. Today is going to be day 1 for me.

You have all been so great and encouraging. I need you today to get through this first day. I have a couple of cell numbers just in case, but my plan is to stay home until my hair appt. I will come home straight after that, then I am taking my daughters to dinner and a performance tonight. I don’t drink in front of them so should be good.

This has to be the year for me. I can’t do this anymore.
I think you have my number but I am not sure....I am super-tired and brain foggy today. I will PM it in case you want it. xx

We will do everything we can to help you get through today sober love....one hour at a time, whatever you need. s ❤️
Old 01-02-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

So very sorry about your brother coder, just so heartbreaking. s xx

And what kind of icecream Patcha?

And for sure Red, I bet you don't feel real perky at the moment, or very happy....every day it gets a bit well, easier....Kathy from SR died Jan 11 last year, and I honestly think it was almost a month before my smile was natural again....just sending you so much love honey. s xx
Old 01-02-2020, 06:30 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Oh.....forgot to tell you all that I woke up to a msg that my sister texted my other sister and is fine.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thansk everyone

Good to see you back Jewel and Bob and thanks for being honest Bob. i know how hard it is to come back and admit drinking but it's the best thing to do, start afresh and all that.

internet still sketchy
Old 01-02-2020, 09:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good to see everyone here!

Coder, I am hoping for a miracle for your brother. No one deserves to live like that. Regarding your after-work activities, find a new routine. I would drink after I checked the news or Twitter very early in the morning, then try to sober up by noon or one.. Weird drinking schedule, but I knew I couldn’t keep checking the news in the AM. Instead, I go to SR -and I have since added new rituals to my morning to help me get through it an retrain by brain.

Sunny! Is it one week today? I love your attitude. Being sober is awesome.

Patcha, watcha “reading?”

Red, you seem like you are feeling a little bit better. So glad you are staying sober and are with us. Death/illness in the family was what caused me to resume drinking; it’s hard to go through these losses during recovery. I am sure you will continue to reflect and love your dear friend. She must have been special; she made a big impact on people here.

RAL - congratulations on one week!!! I remember being really cranky 3 weeks ago. Maybe it’s part of getting sober. It passed, though.

Bob-log on here if you get a craving. Make it a reflex. I come here all the time when I am craving because it is a safe place and people here will help get me to safety. When you got firm with me a couple of months ago, it changed my life. I was resentful for an hour afterwards, but it hit me hard that I don’t want help and I don’t ask for it. Please ask for help.

Venus- glad your sis is ok. I understand how triggering it can be to get back in touch with family members that are harmful. Sometimes I think I drank do I could be as miserable as them. “Solidarity?”

Steely! Hope you are doing well. I always love reading your posts you are funny — and insightful.

Get a copy of “This Naked Mind” and read it. I feel so grateful someone wrote this book. It is helping change my outlook.

In 2020, keep telling yourself “Drinking is no longer an option, drinking is permanently off the table...” until it becomes gospel.

Day 30 for me today. So happy to be alive and well. In a couple of hours, my daughter and I will get a new collar, leash and tag for the new dog. My current dog is so lonesome and she knows something is up. We pick her up in the afternoon.

60 days is my next goal. Going to work hard for it, whatever it takes.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:52 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I want to mention something really useful on this site when you are experiencing cravings - or bored and thinking about drinking.

I started participating in the Interactive Word Games on this site. It’s a good way to stay grounded and to help you through the loneliness, anxiety and boredom of the first few weeks.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:56 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I did that in the beginning too dear Pouncer. s xx

....can't wait to meet your dog!!! Well, if you post a pic. s
Old 01-02-2020, 10:13 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days Pouncer!

How are you Jewel?
Old 01-02-2020, 10:18 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

And congrats from me too dear Pouncer....and all of you. s ❤️
Old 01-02-2020, 10:51 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Testing
Old 01-02-2020, 11:40 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Congrats on 30 days Pouncer!

How are you Jewel?
So far so good and I had to do errands. Made sure to bring my son with me. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2020, 11:41 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Excellent.....
We are all with you dear Jewel. s ❤️
Old 01-02-2020, 11:56 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Just replied to everyone, and got logged out again. It's terribly frustrating and can't redo as am about to visit my daughter. It's her birthday today.

I 'tested' and all was good. Then got logged out. Couldn't send my replies to you all.

Is there a time limit on how long we can stay logged in?
Old 01-02-2020, 12:16 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
This is really frustrating. I login, post, and says I'm not logged in.

Shouted myself a BIG breakfast on New Year's Day. What I save on the grog I'll spend on good things. And I need a feed.

We are sober, and it's the best thing ever.
Good morning Steely!

We are sober, woohoo! I wonder if you’re having problems with the site since you are using an iPad? Maybe you need to download the latest iPad update?

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, sounds like you enjoyed your BIG NYDay breakfast xx :-).

I hope you are are able to stay logged in soon. I’m just using my phone but I think I don’t have all the forum features available that I would if I had a laptop.