Notices

Class of December 2019 part 4

Old 01-01-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get word soon Suze but I'm sure all is well.
The fires are terrible - but the firies are doing a superhuman job.

Jewel, what rationalisations are you using to drink again?
Maybe looking at those will help you find a strategy to not pick up that next drink?

D
Old 01-01-2020, 02:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Testing
Old 01-01-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SunnyCoastK View Post
Hello All!

Well it’s nearly 7:30 in the morning of Jan 2 and I am so fricken excited because I’m on day 6 and I cannot begin to express how valuable this supportive community is to me and how excited I am to be on day 6 and to feel the awakening of my optimism and Tigger-like spirit emerging from the old trunk I must have locked them away in. (Oh pardon my grammar!)

Anyway thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for welcoming me and for this safe space to share and grow and lean on each other and help each other up. Cue the tears!!! Oh it’s just bloody awesome, what a huge relief to unburden myself of this addiction.

hugs to you all xxx
Love your enthusiasm, Sunny. Congrats on day 6.

It is definitely a relief to have a safe place to unburden.

xx
Old 01-01-2020, 02:15 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

This is really frustrating. I login, post, and says I'm not logged in.

But in keeping with my plan I am reading and posting here daily, just as Red says. It is so helping me.

Please don't go to January Jewel. Well, go there if you want, you can do both. Gawd, if I had to do that I'd be posting in every month of the year. .

That's the whole point of it Jewel. We are helping each each other to reach and retain sobriety. We are all reaching for it Jewel.

Red's having Snapper, my favourite fish. Hope it turned out yummy Red.

Patcha went into battle, and won the round. Yay! The not so old, "it will pass" reminder sure does work if we apply it.

Pouncer talks of her gratitude, and I'm the same. So very grateful to you all. Thanks for everything everyone. ❤️ You Rock.

Sunny laments the fires, and 'tis true. Some cannot be contained and left to burn themselves out. Deep in the scrub, where all the little animals are. Towns have been engulfed. Day has turned to night in some places. It rains embers not water.

According to my son there is a weather pattern occurring somewhere which will bring us rain, but not 'til late January.

Shouted myself a BIG breakfast on New Year's Day. What I save on the grog I'll spend on good things. And I need a feed.

We are sober, and it's the best thing ever.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I hope you start to feel better soon Venus. Sometimes contact with nemisis sisters can do that. I have a nemisis brother. I call him 'The Nem' True.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Top post Sunny.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Great upbeat posts sunny thanks. Congrats on day 6 😃

Sorry you're not feeling good zura. Hooe you feel better very soon.

Short post as on phone. Sleep now. Looking forward to waking up on day 7.

Night all x
Old 01-01-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Nite love.....sweet dreams. s ❤️
Old 01-01-2020, 02:37 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Oops. Misspelt Nemesis.

But I sure didn't misspell my brother.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:46 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Yes and you made me smile for the first time today.
I did not have contact with the nem....just would like to know she is alive.
But I have a strong 6th sense and I feel she is alright and has rented enough space in my head for the year. s

So much love dear Steely. xx: s
Old 01-01-2020, 02:52 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good on you Venus.

WE Know how to rock.

Much love, Steely
Old 01-01-2020, 11:54 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Greetings from Scotland

Up bright and early and feeling pretty darn good on the 2 Jan. It is another bank holiday here today and there will be many sore heads as 1 Jan is a typical drinking day here in Scotland. As if we needed a special excuse -any day would have done for me

Anyway. today I have 1 weeks sober. It seems so much longer. a week is hardly anything but the difference I feel in such a short time is amazing. I've lost 4 pounds in weight, feel much less bloated, my skin looks and feels smoother. I think it looks less bloated and asked Mr Ral and he said it definitely looks less red so that's good. Sleeping better, eating better, better mental health too. More peace of mind and clarity.

I still have some intrusive thoughts and feel quite intolerant of people at times which is a huge failing on my part. If I could be a recluse I would be. I'm just trying to be a better and nicer person.

Taking Jr RAL to the beach this morning then will spend the day doing chores, chopping wood ( I will post a pic of the woodpile!!) and have some quality family time.

Peace. Peace of mind. That's what I have when sober. Not the constant scramble to feel better or get the next drink or trying to grasp some concept in the future. Or the constant talk in my head, ok I'll stop tomorrow, next week etc and on and on. Even the physical stuff too is becoming more prominent the older I get. My doctor said I'm young enough to turn stuff round, lose weight etc before I get serious health issues. Give it another 5/10 years and it will be too late. I don't want to be ill. I want the best life I can have.

Wishing you all a peaceful day with peace of mind and good health
Old 01-02-2020, 12:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Well done on the week RAL!

Last day of the Christmas holiday for me before returning to work tomorrow.

Thinking of all in Australia, and those that have loved ones there. It's so sad to see so much destruction, let alone the loss o f life.

Sunny - I love your enthusiasm
Old 01-02-2020, 12:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

double post!! problems with internet this morning.
thanks Coder. how are you? how is your brother?
Old 01-02-2020, 01:08 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
double post!! problems with internet this morning.
thanks Coder. how are you? how is your brother?
I am OK, thanks The 'test' will be going back to work - I always drank after work. So I am going to change my walking route, and I have alcoholic recovery podcasts to listen to while I walk. And I'm going to avoid Weatherspoons for breakfast! While I didn't drink in the morning I'm sure it can't help having breakfast in the place I would return to later in the day for drinking.

My brother is now living with a family member with the help of carers, community nurses and a physiotherapist. He can walk aroud inside with a Zimmer frame. But he communicates very little now (by text - normal phone doesn't work well either as alcohol has damaged his hearing). We'll have to see what the docs think as the NHS gears up again after Christmas. I'm most worried he will suddenly haemorrhage and cough up pints of blood (as can be a common end with cirrhosis). He really needs a liver shunt ('TIPS', to relieve the back-pressure from his damage liver) to help avoid that, but so far he has been too unwell for that to be considered. At the moment it's hard to know whether medical intervention is prolonging his life or his death. There's also a whole other back-story to him (as is common after so many years of heavy drinking) that means there is a lot in his life that is an absolute mess now, and that he is not going to be well enough to sort out.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hellooooo everyone. Another sober day. I went to bed early last night and listened to an audio book until I fell asleep. I plan to do the same tonight. After I finish eating all the ice cream.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:05 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

1 week RAL that's awesome!

​​​​​​I'm off to bed, back to work tomorrow. Its been a very unmotivating and unproductive holiday season for me, I don't feel refreshed at all but quite the opposite, the grief has done this I think.. I'm Starting to feel more back to normal now..
I went for a beautiful Bush walk today, walking through native Bush puts life back into perspective for me. The trees were there before I was born and will be there after I'm gone.. They sway in the wind and the storms but remain firmly rooted to the ground, they aren't striving for things or to be better but are just there, seemingly satisfied and just BEING a part of the forest..peaceful and being in there makes me realise that I should just BE also..
Old 01-02-2020, 02:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week RAL

D
Old 01-02-2020, 02:13 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I see you bobdrop.. Hope you are still here on the sober bus with us.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:37 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Before I forget-RAL-Congrats on a week! And I have to tell you how we spend our New Years Eve. It was many years ago when we could actually stay up until midnight, so several years ago we decided we would start celebrating the New Year at 7pm local time by streaming New Years happening in the time zone of the UK. Last year we streamed what we could find from London and this year we streamed the Hogmanay from Edinburgh.

Jewell-Don't leave me now. As you are about to hear, I'm here to fight through anything with you. Don't know if you remember, but I got very drunk on Christmas. Barely remember finishing dinner and then passed out. Everyday after that was spent using small amounts of alcohol to lessen the pain of the aftermath. Thankful that there was a barrier like Jan 1 to get me to stop that. I'm back on day 2 with a new resolve. As Pouncer said, it is now off the table. I can't go through that anymore. I am going to do whatever it takes to get through until I go to my Doctor, and then I'm going to do whatever he tells me to do. He was concerned about no extra help the last time I was in to see him. I also told my wife that I would not be attending any events where there was an emphasis on booze. And lastly, I have learned maybe the most dangerous thing for me is that over the last year, I was able to get drunk in secret and my wife never knew. How, I have no clue. Pouncer, that is now off the table. Sorry I had to go on so much, but I felt like I needed to get that out there.

I don't plan on going anywhere. Been through too many classes and I've seen too many dissolve after one month. This is the one. Please stay with me.

The fires sound just awful. We've had our shares of fires in Florida and lord know California has, but this sounds terrible.