Notices

Class of December 2019 part 4

Old 12-31-2019, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2019 part 4

Last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-3-a-20.html (Class of December 2019 part 3)

D
Old 12-31-2019, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just popping in to say hi as I'm finding it so much easier to stay sober if I'm connected here for a good part of the day..
I hope everyone had and is having a wonderful and sober NYE, hitting 630pm on the 1st here.
Waiting for the snapper to be filleted so I can cook the family some fish, was caught yesterday.. Can't wait to eat it, we don't often have fish so gonna be a treat..
Old 12-31-2019, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I want a drink so much I could cry. It's NY day here. 4pm. Prime drinking time.

I have about 1200 more words to write to hit my daily count then I'm going for a walk. I've faffed about so much today it's taken me nearly 3 hours to get this far.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember having days like that - but I stuck to it and the relief waking up sober tomorrow morning made me burst into tears again

You can do this Patcha - and every time you do, it will get a little easier every time.

D
Old 12-31-2019, 09:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh Red that snapper sounds great, I hope you enjoyed it!

Patcha, I had some sneaky thoughts about getting some wine earlier. I had gone out for a catch up with a friend by the beach and after I got home the thoughts just popped in to my head. But I don’t want a drink and I don’t have any desire to go get anything. I hope your craving passes shortly.

I usually reset my sobriety app on day 5, but not today :-) I’m really enjoying chilled soda water with ginger cordial.

I’m ever so thankful for this forum!
Old 12-31-2019, 09:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Sunny. I have icy cold lemonade, and I'm going to go to Ikea and get some of those cinnamon roll things they have. I'm a sucker for them.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds good Patcha

D
Old 12-31-2019, 10:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone!

Will check in properly later today, but good to see Red, Patcha and Sunny Coast here.

I'm feeling grateful for a sober December. On to a sober 2020!
Old 12-31-2019, 11:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

oh gosh i have a pounding hangover like headache. But I didn't drink. Am sober on NY day. Well done to us all!

Medication and back to sleep for me. see yoy later.x
Old 12-31-2019, 11:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

There is just under an hour remaining of 2019 in PST. I want to thank you all for getting me through a particularly difficult year. I feel better than I have in a long time. I am inspired to do good work and be a good parent and wife. Thank you all for the support.

Excited for a sober 2020!
Old 12-31-2019, 11:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My heart is breaking for Australia. The news is unbelievable. I hope there’s a break in the weather soon.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
My heart is breaking for Australia. The news is unbelievable. I hope there’s a break in the weather soon.
I've just been reading about it.. The fires are bringing a haze and smoke over the waters to NZ and it is putting a glow over some of our sky.. Its heartbreaking for both th epeople and all the poor animals that are perishing from them..
Old 01-01-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Coder, RAL, and Pouncer! Great seeing you all here.

RAL I hope your headache has cleared up.

Pouncer it’s just unimaginable :-( I’ve never wanted it to rain so much in my life, the amazing firefighters are working so hard and putting in so many hours.

For anyone who is just waking up soon, welcome to a sober new day of a new year of a new decade! I’m glad to be in your company.

Today was a good day for me. My office is closed over the Christmas holidays so I have plenty of free time and today I had a lovely early morning walk, made a scrumptious breakfast, had another walk, and then in the afternoon had a catch up with a friend at my favourite beach. We sat and chatted at a picnic table and enjoyed the view of the ocean. I’m about 12-15 kilos heavier than I want to be so part of my sobriety goal is to also get back in shape so I can get back to splashing in the water instead of just watching everyone else.

Had a brief moment this afternoon where I thought of drinking wine, but it was gone as fast as it came and I didn’t think about going out to get any. I’m very curious to see how my health improves as I get more sober days under my belt, so it’s a very exciting time for me now.

xx
Old 01-01-2020, 02:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congratulations everyone on a sober New Year's day. It's an amazing feeling waking up clear headed. Going to go out for a walk soon.

The fires in Australia are awful. I don't think I'll ever complain about rain again. Never appreciated it before.

​​​​

​​
Old 01-01-2020, 03:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well done on getting through Patcha

Thanks sunnycoast.

Mary- I totally agree with you. Even though I woke up feeling shocking with an almost migraine I knew it wasn't self inflicted Enjoy your walk

Just taking it easy today as have the after effects of a migraine and feel very sluggish. Will get a walk and read some books.

Day 6.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
oh gosh i have a pounding hangover like headache. But I didn't drink. Am sober on NY day. Well done to us all!

Medication and back to sleep for me. see yoy later.x
Me too....just quietly.....I so hope you feel better love. s ❤️
Old 01-01-2020, 04:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
Many tears right now....I just watched a whole lot of video from Victoria and NSW....there is a break in the heat for two days, but on Friday it will be almost 100 again, so that is going to be tricky.

My stupid sister is out there in this....to be honest that is why I have a migraine. And my TMJ is on fire.....there are four people missing still.

My older sister feels sure that she is alright, but we don't know for sure. It makes me crazy that she had to go to a festival for new year in Eastern Vic. Anyway, sorry, but very upset and worried. And devastated for Aus.... s

(Sorry for the down post......I will be alright in a minute).
Old 01-01-2020, 04:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Health and fitness and getting rid of the extra kilos is on my list for January as well.....and I don't think I am going to complain about the cold anymore, well, not much. s ❤️
Old 01-01-2020, 06:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hope you get relief soon from migraines RAL and Venus.

Venus, hope you get some good news about your sister soon.

I intend to lose a few lb so lots of long walks for me. Also want to get back into meditation.

​​
Old 01-01-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you also have a migraine Venus I'm in that after stage now where just feel groggy and numb. Slightly dizzy too. only a good night's sleep will cure me.