Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 60

Old 02-19-2020, 05:15 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi everyone , thanks Pj & Crois

Leshar, you have just made my day, week, month :-)

I loved your message , thanks so much

Leshar isn’t too well at the moment guys, but she still reads posts so that’s lovely.

I’m starting to feel a little better today. It comes and goes in waves. Our dogs are like our children. Once the kids have left the nest, they become our children, right Bob xxx

I’ve been keeping busy by cleaning & using lots of physical energy so that I don’t wake in the night looking for Lewis next to me.

It’s really been good as I am tired.

I just haven’t felt like going anywhere or doing anything, but tomorrow I’m taking Mum and Dad to Angie’s . She hasn’t been well lately . They booked her in for a nuclear X-ray of the bones, but she decided she didn’t want to go. I get that.

So Mum will make her famous cornflake bickies and they will be devoured in minutes.

I was going to make to nut loaves , but I got stuck into cleaning my linen press instead lol.

Hopefully it’s a nice day tomorrow, I haven’t checked.

Bob how is young Toby going, the youthful strapping young fella.

Crois, hows your work going over there love. What is it you are actually doing ?
I’m so Nosey but I’d love to know.Do you like flying , I don’t .
Do you go for walks there?
What places are you visiting and how long will you be away?
All work and no play makes Crois a sad girl lol xxx

Well , me really, Cos I need to live it vicariously through you .

Pj how are your art classes going my friend , have you done any more paintings?

Are you still doing your AA classes? Are you feeling a bit better, I know you were feeling a little stressed, I hope it’s all good now :-) xxx we are having GREAT weather aren’t we, I’m just loving it.

Croutie is there anything new in your world my love? Do you have any hobbies, like ,collecting tea pots, going to op shops, collecting things.? I collect mice & elephants .
I love meeces to pieces

Dee, hows things with you buddy . I know you were crook a while back, have you recovered from all that , hows your lovely Mum . Are you still living in that place near the beach or have you moved? Actually I think you did move if I remember correctly . What music are you listening to at the moment ?

Pj what music do you listen too? Obviously Beatles lol....any others .

Mags, beautiful Mags. I love the way you help everyone in SR , you are such a sweetheart and I love our WhatsApp catchups. I really look forward to that part of my day.

I love you all dearly , looking forward to hearing about your hobbies guys
Indulge a crazy cat lady will you

Xxx
Old 02-19-2020, 03:39 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just really busy here at the moment Sooz.
When I'm 'working' I mainly listen to classical really...non obtrusive.

I moved back to the city a few years ago - mums ok - not entering any marathons but she gets around on her own again now. Dads good too - they go on lots of cruises.

sounds like you're keeping busy. Will you consider another dog down the track?

D
Old 02-19-2020, 11:46 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hi Snooz. Art school started last week- doing 3 subjects- Sculpture, Painting (oils- portraits) and history. I got very sore and nauseous Wednesday- 6 hours of sitting and listening to lectures etc. All good.

I listen to anything which I connect with. From Medieval plain song to the Doors, Evanescence, Korn and a Scandinavian band- Zayde Wolf.

Glad to read you are feeling more yourself.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:01 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Snooz, I love my pets like you do love and know and understand what you went through. I’m glad we have great memories to hold on to.

I don’t like flying either....it hurts my arms having to hold onto the broom in flight.

I’ve been on a new treatment for the asthma and allergies, I have four injections every four weeks and they’re helping. I haven’t had to have steroid treatment since I started the injections. It’s made a big difference.

Keep well my Julyers buddies. xx
Old 02-20-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Good to read, Mags.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:33 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Toby with his collection of sticks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
tobysticks.jpg (64.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-21-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Administrator

good dog

D
Old 02-22-2020, 12:04 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aw, Toby’s so lovely. ❤️
Old 02-22-2020, 01:01 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Awww Toby. Little charmer. I just want to cuddle him!

just arrived in your neck of the woods, Magsy.xx

Old 02-22-2020, 10:23 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Julyers

CW, have a good visit...I hope you’ve brought warm clothes again.

Love to all July buddies xx
Old 02-24-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hello Julyers and Dee. I hope each one of you has a terrific week.
Is anyone else worried about this Coronavirus like I am? DH tells me not to worry about it, but I do....

Well Snooze, I don’t really have any hobbies now. I used to love my walking routine and DH and I actually went on walking trips in England, Ireland, France and Italy. They were amazing trips. We’d walk all day looking at amazing scenery having great lunches and the walking tour operators would move our luggage to our next destination for us. Wonderful dinners and no worries about calories knowing we’d be walking again the next morning . Of course DH isn’t up for that anymore.
I am so glad we traveled as much as we did WHEN we did, and didn’t wait until retirement age, because if we’d done that we’d have really missed out....

DH had his out patient av-fistula surgery. It seemed to go well. As it turns out when we went for the 10 day checkup they say there may be an issue requiring another surgery. Certainly not what we wanted to hear. His hand is swollen though, so obviously something is wrong.☹️ Getting him there at five in the morning and waiting for 8 hours was tough. Nowhere to sit comfortably so you might rest your eyes at least. Was really hard on both of us and now we have to do it all over again...

Talking to DS3 about once a week. He’s doing really well with his job and life in general. Leads AA meetings, etc. We see the Girls’ once in a while... they are busy teenagers and we understand that. No worries...

Guess that’s about it folks. Best wishes and hugs to you all from Croutie.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Croutie

It is a serious situation but I think the media are really beating the coronavirus thing up.

In most countries the number of cases is not yet in double figures, and mortality figures outside of China are very low.

I'm in a at risk category but I'm washing my hands and all that common sense stuff that I do anyway.

I still reckon I'm in more danger of getting run over than dying from coronavirus

D
Old 02-24-2020, 11:17 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiyer Julyers

Croutie your walking trips sound wonderful. It was an awful long wait for you both at the hospital...I hope that if you have to go again you can find somewhere comfortable to stay for a few hours. ....
I watch the coronavirus with slight concern, I think we’ve got to take care in public places, wash our hands regularly. A lady on another thread gave us something to read. I’ll pm you. Just puts things in perspective.

Hope everyone is ok. it’s good to see this thread here, it’s coming up to 7 years in July :wow:

Love to all xxxx
Old 02-25-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Croutie! Wonderful to hear from you!
you know, I love that some things have settled with your relationship with your son and it’s reached a balance now you focused on you and hubby and let go as much as you could with your son.

A very hard thing to do as a mum after all the grief you have been through, but you have done so well.xx

Your walking trips sound wonderful and you are right, we should not waste a minute of our health when it is good.

i believe the same as Dee. The media distracts us with all kinds of hysteria, and under reports on the real issues. I think we need to read up, and at this point it seems to be a basic hygiene thing.

mags could you pls forward me the link also??

thank you! Xx
Old 02-25-2020, 04:55 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

"Health officials urged the public Tuesday to prepare for the “inevitable” spread of the coronavirus within the United States, escalating warnings about a growing threat from the virus to Americans’ everyday lives." Yes something to be concerned about.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Bob. I understand it's a real and palpable fear for many so I should probably moderate my language.

I hope the dire predictions don't come true for the sake of all us Julyers, and SRers as a whole

D
Old 02-25-2020, 08:46 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Magsie

Ditto Dee
Old 02-26-2020, 02:27 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

CROUTIEEEEEEEEE

always love seeing you post. Thinking of you and your dear hubby. You both certainly have had a wonderful life havent you. Xxx

Bob , always love me a Toby pic with a stick ! Hahah. What a gorgeous boy he is. Xx

Crois and Dee & Mags, was so good coming here and seeing all of you post. Yayyyyyy

Im really not concerned about the coronavirus. Although it did come to mind yesterday. I got a phone call at 5 am , it was Mum, Dad was breathless so i told her to ring an ambulance. I went straight there , i beat the ambos. Dad was checked out . I said ill just pop homecand feed the dogs,cats and chooks and be straight back

im home for 10 minutes and the hospital rings, Mum had collapsed in Dads room. I raced back and there they were in opposite beds, both with heart monitors on

i told Mum there are other ways of getting attention.

anyhow, long story short they are home and both fine now. 2 of my brothers came over to take over which was great and i went home and had a 3 hour nanna nap lol.

Got home and mine and Angies mutual friend Jan rang me in a panic as she had just had a mild heart attack . When it rains, it pours. Shes still in hospital and they are monitoring her , so in all they are all good outcomes.
xxx

i saw my psych for 2 hours yesterday in amongst all this, i think she needs her own psych now after seeing me hahaha xx
Old 02-26-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Magsie

Snoozy, sending your mum and dad love and hugs, and your friend Jan too! Pleased you’re ok love. xx
Old 02-26-2020, 03:27 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks Bob. I understand it's a real and palpable fear for many so I should probably moderate my language.

I hope the dire predictions don't come true for the sake of all us Julyers, and SRers as a whole

D
Dee, I'm just fishing for info from the other end of our planet about what you folks are hearing about this virus. Our president will be addressing the nation this hour about it. They set aside 2.5 billion out of the U.S. budget to fight this. We are in an election years so, it's nuts with the back and forth. Not being political, just saying.