Notices

Class of December 2019 part 3

Old 12-25-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

With love to all on this significant day.

JT
Old 12-25-2019, 03:22 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Right back atcha JT . Hope you have a wonderful day with your family during the festivities.
Old 12-25-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I never know what to say in times of sadness, so I'll look on the other side and say Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2019, 04:34 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Thanks Mary.

My daughter drank her champagne. TWO bottles in fact. She didn't become a fallaboutdrunk like me. . I have ZERO tolerance now. There is really not a lot I can do about it other than to be good role model and advise best I can without imposing my will. I carry a lot of guilt about my daughter's drinking. I'm trying to change that now.

Something to be said for the "crossing of the thin red line" they talk about in AA. I'm pretty assured now that some sort of neurological change occurs in some of us , where alcohol becomes no longer tolerated. Nature or nurture, idk. Probably both. I'm no neuroscientist, but I'm starting to think along these lines. Whatever the case it doesn't work for me, and I'm grateful to know that now.

I don't attend AA anymore. I used to, many years ago, and it had many good things to offer. "Life on life's terms", is one of my favourites. "Gratitude", too. It just didn't fit for me in other ways, and am glad that there are alternatives for people now.

Head on pillow sober tonight. What a gift. Thank you whoever listens.

We CAN do this. Rack off AV!
Old 12-25-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Steely honey......I am not in Aus obviously, but surely they need to take a different approach in meetings and in AA now. There is no longer is it or isn't this a disease? It is a known brain disease and it is progressive.

Anyway, love you.
And glad you got through your daughter's drinking s ❤️
Old 12-25-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeedRest View Post
Merry Christmas everyone! It sounds like there have been some tough events with some members of the group. I’m sorry Red and Pouncer for your loss. Praying for peace and comfort in grief.

Just checking in. Today is 3 weeks for me. Tough season to roll along in with all the festivities, but almost through the New Year. - Kelly
Hi Kelly!!
Congrats on 3 weeks love.....was just thinking about you.....great to see you. s ❤️
Old 12-25-2019, 07:09 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Glad you were able to stay strong Steely. I would really struggle watching someone drink 2 bottles of champagne.

Got offered a bottle of wine as a gift today. Thankfully I was able to explain I don't drink anymore and they took it away. Don't want wine around me at all.

Warm wishes to you all.
Old 12-25-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Wow Mary.....how fantastic that you did that.....it's not always easy when someone gifts us alcohol in early recovery. s ❤️
Old 12-25-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Wasn't easy at all but so relieved I was able to say no.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

So much love and empathy in this group. Glad to have sober people to listen to and talk with.

Made it to my first goal: 22 days of sobriety on Christmas. I realize that as bad as things are, drinking always makes it worse. I am glad to be feeling the hurt; it’s part of love. My younger dog is starting to figure out her friend isn’t coming home and is very withdrawn. It’s hard to watch her suffer.

I hope everyone here has/had a beautiful holiday. Excited for a sober 2020.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

So much love to you and your gorgeous pooch dear Pouncer.....and so well done.....22 days is so fantastic. s ❤️
Old 12-25-2019, 09:51 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Evening all, 6 pm in the UK.
Hope today went/is going well.
Am sober. Had a nice but busy day, lots of family, and much to be thankful for.
Pouncer, Red, and everyone else who is struggling, love to you.
Not easy, this time of year, so well done all of you.
Venus - I know you (like I) don't relish this time of year, so heartfelt thanks for thinking of us when you need a hug too.
Seasons greetings and love to all.
Sx
Old 12-25-2019, 09:56 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Stevie love ~ 'tis you guys who get me through.....no room for personal drama when there is real stuff going on with so many people I care about.

And my husband is a super sweetie....I have hours to myself to chill and enjoy the sunshine....I love the joy and spirituality of the day. It's just not my holiday, and I have (in the past) resented having to do it for other people.

For the first time ever, I have lots of friends here saying Happy Chanukah....I feel counted if that makes sense. So ALL good in sunny Columbus OH.....on the way to 13C....amazing in Dec.

Good morning darling Zura. s

❤️❤️

Hi Strawberry and Hoping. ❤️❤️
How is your day going ? s
Old 12-25-2019, 10:43 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
How are you today Coder? s xxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Venus,

I've had a very nice day. We went to midnight mass last night (which starts at 9.00pm and finished 10.30pm so not really midnight), which was lovely.

Today we woke up to a beautiful sunny day (not many of those recently), so went for a walk along the coast that we are close to. Then home to cook Christmas dinner (for three of us as daughter #2 is with us over Christmas).

And we've just been doing a jig-saw.

It was lovely. And it was sober (there were days I started drinking at 10am 'because its Christmas').

They got a care package sorted out for my brother yesterday, so he was allowed out. He's walking with a frame, but at least he is moving. I'm not there over Christmas and he communicates little by phone or text now. I'll try him again a little later.

I hope you are having a nice day!
Old 12-25-2019, 10:48 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

That makes my heart feel really good Coder. s

You and Mrs Coder and one daughter (one at a time is enough right? I have sisters ) and a jigsaw puzzle and all of it is just lovely. And your brother walking around in the sunshine is lovely. Well maybe....I see it in my head. s

I am puttering and doing gardening outside and doing late gift bags....divine chocolates in coloured mesh bags with cutie pie gift tags....and other bits and bobs. I like the quiet....no one else is around. xx ❤️
Old 12-25-2019, 10:55 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas. The funny thing here is that all the pubs and off licences are closed today, the only day of the year so unless you have booze at home, you aint getting any today!
Old 12-25-2019, 10:56 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

❤️ If anyone is reading this and having a tough time today, or you are new to the site and are not sure how to get going.....this is exactly where you are meant to be. Come talk to us....this is a lovely group of very caring and understanding peeps. Please don't be alone today. ❤️
Old 12-25-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone. I believe today is 22. Hope everyone enjoys a soberriffic day :-)
Old 12-25-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Fantastic Cute.....and Happy Christmas....you too Reid. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 12-25-2019, 12:02 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
❤️ If anyone is reading this and having a tough time today, or you are new to the site and are not sure how to get going.....this is exactly where you are meant to be. Come talk to us....this is a lovely group of very caring and understanding peeps. Please don't be alone today. ❤️
Great post Venus, thanks for being such a kind soul