Notices

Class of September Part 3, 2019

Old 11-05-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and hello sober369 😀 that problem I anticipated at work never came to anything. I’m really fed up and will hopefully leave in the new year, can’t be doing with work stress and colleagues who are nice to your face and the opposite behind your back. I think I’m gaining more clarity and analysing things a lot more now that my brain fog is lifting! Off tomorrow for 3 days anyway 😀
Old 11-05-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about the work and study situations guys.

D
Old 11-05-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Venus, I am so sorry this happened! The college should be held responsible in some way. Made to pay back your tuition at least. I'm sending big hugs. I hope it all turns out for the best. I'm sure I can speak for everyone that we love hearing from you and about you. How can we all help one another if we don't share what's going on?
Absolute, I have issues like that at work, too. I also really want to leave my job. I have to have another though, and I don't know what I want to do.
I hope everyone posts tonight, I'd love to hear how you all are and what's going on.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Venus, I hope you feel a little bit better everyday about this school situation. So sorry you had to go through this.

I'm doing well here. Just trying to take some time to breath in the midst of hectic times. But, the good news is, I feel peace in the midst of chaos. It's not bad chaos, it's just life with four teenagers. They are such great kids. I'm really feeling blessed to be able to experience them and their "unique teen ways." When I was drinking, all I cared about was the next drink or hiding the drink. Then I'd feel angry with shame and be such a meanie. No more. 7 weeks today and not looking back.

Going to go read a bit before bed. Nighty night.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:23 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Congrats on seven weeks, Quit!
Old 11-06-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Venus, I am so sorry this happened! The college should be held responsible in some way. Made to pay back your tuition at least. I'm sending big hugs. I hope it all turns out for the best. I'm sure I can speak for everyone that we love hearing from you and about you. How can we all help one another if we don't share what's going on?
Absolute, I have issues like that at work, too. I also really want to leave my job. I have to have another though, and I don't know what I want to do.
I hope everyone posts tonight, I'd love to hear how you all are and what's going on.
Thank you so much dearest Karen. s

It's a mixed blessing....I have had issues at school and in offices all of my life due to perfume and heat and fluorescent lights, and I have been learning to deal with so much change since I moved here, that I kind of forgot. And it is much worse for me in America as the temps are so much more extreme. going from very cold to very hot inside just kills me.

That is why I decided to study online in the first place.

As it happens, there is a new Bachelor....B of Substance Abuse Counselling.....jut yay.....this is what I was doing but it would have taken so so long at college. I have applied to a top university who has an online course....we shall see.

I have another course I need to get into and finish by December, and now I feel much better about that. I took on too much and I don't quite know why. Not to worry, my eyes are healing and my forehead is peeling like sunburn....all lovely skin is emerging.

So I can go out into the world again and live....pretty happy about that.

Love and good morning to all of you.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
Venus, I hope you feel a little bit better everyday about this school situation. So sorry you had to go through this.

I'm doing well here. Just trying to take some time to breath in the midst of hectic times. But, the good news is, I feel peace in the midst of chaos. It's not bad chaos, it's just life with four teenagers. They are such great kids. I'm really feeling blessed to be able to experience them and their "unique teen ways." When I was drinking, all I cared about was the next drink or hiding the drink. Then I'd feel angry with shame and be such a meanie. No more. 7 weeks today and not looking back.

Going to go read a bit before bed. Nighty night.
Thank you love.....to be honest....I now know that when you are studying with a community college vs a university, there are a lot of differences. I know myself well enough to know (sorry if this sounds arrogant) that I need a higher level of professionalism and teachers who are truy invested in the success of their students. Kind of a get what you pay for lesson. I was trying to get certified as a substance abuse counsellor without spending a fortune, and I was kind of wasting my time....but....I learned a lot and I will use all of it.

Congrats on 7 fabulous weeks and not only surviving but ENJOYING having four teenagers in the house. ❤️
Old 11-06-2019, 03:38 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're starting to feel better, Venus. You have really been socked with a lot lately! I'm glad you're back to a place where you aren't so pressured and in bad environments. I love the idea of going to school online. I may look into that myself, not for right now because I'm already almost overwhelmed, but for something to plan on for later.
I love what I do in some ways, but I have a large department and a lot of stress that goes with it. Plus, working with some of the people I have to work with, including my boss, is even more stressful than the job.
What I would really like is to get a job as an activity assistant. It would be a huge pay cut. But, I've been building toward retirement. I'm not ready yet, but I might be ready to sort of ease into it. I would get all the fun of working with elderly people in activities, but not the stress of being a manager.
It's not something I'm doing this week, just something I'm thinking of.
I hope everyone is doing great. I have ten weeks today!
Old 11-06-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Funny, we are on a similar page dear Karen.
Have you thought about starting your own business as an activity director that caters to nursing homes....taking residents on day trips etc? Your own thing. We are the age and have the knowledge to do this.....why leave it to younger people who only want to make money from the older folks? : xx
Old 11-06-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Just checking in briefly. One exam down and one to go this week (never mind the project/paper I haven't started working on yet). Glad things seem to be going relatively smoothly for most of you.

Sorry about your school experience, Venus. I was gonna say at least you're in a good location with all of the universities/colleges in Columbus for options, but see you're going to do online now! Kudos to you for working out a better alternative, and I hope it works out much better for you than the community college has.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:25 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Checking in. I quit at the end of last year. After almost two months I was overconfident and things sputtered then went downhill. Pulled myself up and sank a couple of times until I managed to gain a little traction starting Sept 2. So far, I've managed to celebrate the 60 days I wasn't able to before, looking forward to more.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

That's fantastic EANx.
And lovely to meet you. ❤️
Old 11-07-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi EANx, Glad you’re here and a big congrats getting back to 60 days!

Quick check in from me. Day 51 and going strong. Tons going on at home with the kids, so not a lot of time to even think about wine. Still feeling a calm peace, running well, and starting to lose the pounds I had gained back this summer.

I hope you all have a lovely Thursday.

Karen, Your baby is too cute.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

I know, Quit! He is such an adorable little fellow. I'm so glad things are going well for you.
Eanx, welcome to the September class! 60 + days is wonderful. My date is August 28. I was in the August group, but moved to September at the beginning of the month. It's good to have you here.
I'm working at home today. I'm taking the re-certification for Ageless Grace. Before I was certified, we use to pay someone to lead that class where I work. I love your idea Venus! I could offer classes in this, and in art and maybe do senior tours! Wouldn't that be a blast. You could do that, too, with your experience in senior activities. You might want to look into Ageless Grace, it's fairly inexpensive to get certified and it's really good for you, too.
Back to work with me! Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

And I meant to say, Congrats on 10 weeks, Karen! You are doing so well and I’m really glad you joined this class.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:24 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Thanks Quit! You're rocking it, too!
Old 11-07-2019, 11:56 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Evening all, just winding down for the night. I hope you are all having a good day. I’m absolutely loving waking up hangover free, it’s like a different world! It’s one of the best feelings to wake up fresh instead of dying inside and full of dread and guilt 👌
Old 11-07-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Absolutely, Zero! Completely relate to that ^ and how about that beautiful sleep? So so many benefits to living life without alcohol.

Off to work at my daughter’s play. Have a nice evening, all.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

It really is great to wake up feeling rested and well. If that's all I got from recovery, that would be enough. But, there is more!
Thank God it's Friday! Have a fantastic day everyone!
Old 11-08-2019, 06:54 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

It really really is.
Love and a very FREEZING good morning. s ❤️❤️