Notices

Class of September Part 3, 2019

Old 11-08-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

So cold! Brrrr

Good Friday morning. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-08-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

^^^ Big nods.

This little Aussie is frozen. So are my outdoor plants. They went bye bye.

❤️❤️❤️
Old 11-08-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Morning! 8 weeks today. Didn't even remember that until just now when I was figuring out what to say. Kinda an afterthought, oh yeah moment. So that's 56 days??

I don't have classes on Fridays either this term so sorta feels like the start of a weekend. Lots of buckling down going to be happening here the next few days/week. Need to get started on my big projects/papers, keep up on math homework, and work around the house. We have a friend coming into town next Friday for the night and while the house is not going to be perfect, nor does it need to be, we at least need the guest bedroom to be halfway functional and the house to be a respectable level of gross. lol
Old 11-08-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 weeks dearest Daria!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Me too....all of the above....except for someone coming to stay.....so right with you every step.....but I am too cold to type. Gosh it got cold fast in OH!! s
Old 11-08-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Stay warm, fellow September classmates! I'm thinking of lighting a fire in the fireplace.
How is everyone? I had an unexpected urge to drink this afternoon. I hate that so much. It's scary, I'm afraid sometime I'll give in to it. It was nothing like as strong as in the beginning. But it was sneaky and scary. My AV was telling me to just drink tonight, and get right back to sober tomorrow. I have done that over and over again in the past, and I know that it's not like that, I can't just pop right back, it could be months or years before I get sober again. I wish there was a sure way to keep that in the front of my mind.
But, I am home, sober, feeling great and so glad it's FRIDAY!!
See you all later!
Old 11-08-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on all your milestones guys

welcome back EANx

D
Old 11-09-2019, 03:00 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Hope you have some nice plans for this weekend. I had an urge too sober369 possibly because it was Friday. That’s always been a ‘day’ for me and id always continue to drink on the sat and sun. I’m working tonight so come Monday I will have another week over. Think it’ll be 7 weeks by then! And yeah it’s freezing here too in the UK. Winter is early
Old 11-09-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I used lots of sticky notes Karen.....bright colours and black bold print....and I put messages on them that were going to help me stay strong when I needed to.

My favourite was this one, written for me by a friend in the October 14 class....

I am loved
I am strong
I can do this
Old 11-09-2019, 06:35 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

That's a great idea, Venus. Thanks! I use to have a 'note to self' that I kept in my car along with a picture of me as a little kid. I don't know what I did with it, I had forgotten all about it. Maybe it's time to make another.
It's cold here too, today. I have all sorts of outdoorsy things I need to do. I guess I'll just bundle up good and go to it.
Daria, you have a heavy schedule coming up. It sounds like good stuff, though. I hope it all goes smoothly!
Absolute, Fridays are triggers for me too, I think partly because I'm serving wine to the residents. Knowing that it's a trigger and being prepared in advance is probably one of the most helpful things.
I tried to make an appointment with a counselor again, and for the second time, I couldn't get an appointment. They said the 'intake' person would call me and she never did. I will keep trying, because I think it's pretty important for me. I have a lot that I can't figure out by myself.
Enjoy your Saturday everyone!
Old 11-09-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hmm, people who don't return calls make me
Old 11-09-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Me too. But in a way, it's for the best. I think if it was a good facility, they would return the call. Since they didn't, I have the opportunity to skip going to a bad facility and maybe find a good one. I hope!
Today went too fast!
Hope all are well.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:27 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Ah ha....that would be my take as well. ❤️
Old 11-10-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Karen, I've had plenty of moments, and I'd say more of them more recently, where I just really want a drink, and it's very frustrating to me that I can't drink. To be honest, the only thing that has kept me from drinking is the fact that I've got 8 weeks, and I don't want to start over. I figure I owe myself that much... to not mess this up for myself. I hope you're able to find a good counselor soon, and you're probably right... that if a place can't bother to call you back, is that really a place you want to go?

Watched some college football yesterday (Go Bucks!), did a little schoolwork, and some repair work around the house. Not as productive as I should have been, but not a total waste. More housework today and working on the calculations for my project. Going to try to get those calculations knocked out today, I hope.

ETA: Great job on 7 weeks Absolutezero! Also, we may get a bit of snow here Monday into Tuesday!
Old 11-10-2019, 09:24 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hello class

I'm sorry for not being here as much recently. I'm working through some health stuff still. Getting through it though, and I'm at 6 weeks sober now.

Daria, I've had my moments recently of wanting to drink. I think it's normal, especially since we're so early in recovery. I've gone back and looked at my diary entries to remind myself of the misery I was in . Life is far from perfect now, but it's better sober. I'm trying to keep myself aware of that

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm going to watch some football and try to relax a bit. My mind is on work and all that I need to do, but I know I sometimes need to take a step back. I'll at least give myself a few hours of relaxation today
Old 11-10-2019, 09:51 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

So much love Mike and Daria. I hope your health stuff keeps getting better Mike. s

To be honest, I spent a long time being frustrated that I couldn't drink. But I can't eat garlic either. Both will kill me. Maybe the garlic will kill me faster (anaphylactic shock), but both are poison for me. I had to get used to not being able to go to so many places to eat and I have to order special meals on planes.....it is very frustrating. Just the smell of the stuff is terrible for me. But I got used to it.

So a bit of frustration I can handle....we can get through that.....but giving in to it and drinking means a slow painful downhill slide....well it would for me. s
Old 11-10-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Checking in late Sunday afternoon after a busy and good weekend.

It’s good to keep hearing from this solid core of Septemberites. I’ve been thinking of Pouncer and Runner. I hope they’re ok.

I have been feeling good and taking care of myself. Feel extremely thankful still. No great cravings. Not much else to report. I’m looking forward to going away later this week and I’ll be sure to check in here for accountability.

Going to make up a batch of soup for the week. See you later!
Old 11-10-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. So sorry to see the weekend end! It's been a good one. Got some things done for a change.
I miss Runner and Pouncer, too. And Midton and a lot of others, too. Nice to hear from you Mike! I am still praying for your health issue.
The drinking desire is awful when it comes. I feel like there's a traitor living in my brain. It would be awful to be allergic to garlic! It's in so many things. That would be hard, and dangerous, too.
My son is here! Bye for now folks.
Good to hear from you, too, Quit!
Old 11-10-2019, 03:57 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Mmmm ... soup sounds good. It's been so chilly here the last few days, and I'm loving it.

Hope you're able to get some of your medical stuff resolved soon, Mike.

I got through about 80% of my calculations this afternoon/evening. Taking a break now. May wait and just pick up the rest tomorrow. Going to do some cleaning and then maybe run to Starbucks for a treat, my first eggnog latte of the season. Been listening to Christmas music all day while I worked on my project. Just in the mood, I guess!
Old 11-10-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

80%.....awesome Daria honey....you are kicking huge goals. s ❤️

And yes Karen, the garlic allergy is super tough....harder to navigate than alcohol....which is kind of funny. I am so good at looking after myself garlic-wise....because I value myself and so does someone else now....I won't hurt myself under any circumstances.

It is so ironic as an alcoholic. And lovely. I am changed now. s ❤️
Old 11-11-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Way to go Daria!
The cold has come south. It's freezing out there!
Enjoy your Monday everyone, it just gets us one day closer to Friday!