Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 12

Old 12-04-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

You have such a lot to do Nichole, when do you ever get any time for you? Two years since you found this site? Well I found it back in 2012 and joined under a different name, that's how long I've been coming back and to and that's how long it's taken me to stay sober and that's how I know that you can do it too. I'm here for good this time and I hope that you are too. Keep positive and never give up.

Goodnight all xxx
Old 12-04-2019, 08:49 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

guess its that time of the week again x

havent got much to say this morn, had lovely early night last night as went to bed just after 7pm. bring on an early night again tonight x

thinking of you all xx have a good day x
Old 12-04-2019, 09:32 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too erratic

D
Old 12-04-2019, 10:00 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Daisy I joined in 2014, I think, and changed my name eventually. I got some time behind me a couple of times but not like this. Should have stopped 5-10 years before 2014.

And Dee was here for me every time !!! 💖

Nichole you sound better already. I love wood stoves. So cozy. But I could see it being a pain if the house starts getting cold fast. My sister has two and they fire them up and get them blazing and then just let them simmer down. When I can stay there in the winter I sleep on the sofa in front of the wood stove instead of a bed, and keep it going. Sooooo cozy. It was even better when the big black lab was still with us. He’d be lightly snoring on the other sofa by me.

Really... just give me a little cabin, wood stove, a dog, my motorcycle, that’s it. And I think a girl would like that setup too.

V🐍
Old 12-05-2019, 02:51 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Good morning to you all and a happy Thursday. I should be in school this morning listening to the slower readers but I bailed out because I'm full of a rotten cold and very congested. I don't feel ill though, just a bit tired but I didn't want to be breathing germs over the children.

Going to bed just after 7 is really early Erratic, I don't think I've been to bed that early since I was about 10 lol. Bet your all bright eyed and bushy tailed today.

I should never have started Viper, I didn't start drinking till I was 40, how stupid is that? That's all in the past though and today is the here and now and that's what counts.
Dee's always been here for all of us. Thank you Dee. x

Back later

Love to all. xx
Old 12-05-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Erratic have a lovely day hopefully it treats you good.
Daisy even though you started at 40 at least your not drinking now.
Viper I do love the wood stove keeps the house nice and warm. I live in the woods so just made sense to have a wood stove saves lots of money with free wood. A cabin with a wood stove a dog and a motorcycle sounds lovely. You know it’s never to late right? If that’s what you want I truly believe you can make it happen! Never let anything stop you!!
Snitch have a lovely day.
Dee have a lovely night.
Take care y’all
Old 12-05-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Old me wants to drink new me is on here fighting not to ugh this sucks
Old 12-05-2019, 11:54 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Nichole, ‘old you’ is your Addict Voice and your AV is a certified a-hole!! Don’t listen to that jerk. His/her only goal is to see you suffer. It’s like an evil parrot on your shoulder that tells you it’s ok to drink a little or that you aren’t ‘good enough,’ or whatever negativity it can come up with. It’s the sum of all of your major malfunctions, every reason you ever drank, ganging up on you. Get mad at it!

I can say that having 1000 major malfunctions 💖

BTW - my sister also gets all the wood free. Her friend is a tree guy, and he drops off trees at the house and lets them use his machines to chop it all up. It’s some hard work but it’s free.

viper ❤️🐍
Old 12-05-2019, 12:03 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Again, feeling like warmed over dog poop. I got all of my blood tests for the clinic in CA today. I also called a new psychiatrist as I think mine has been useless for years. It looks like there’s a wholistic practice in town with Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurses. So they are cheaper than the Doctors and in my opinion usually better than doctors. Also they don’t just focus on meds at this place. Unfortunately to get someone good it’s expensive. My insurance is not good for psychiatry.

I keep trying.

I’m waiting on the Title for my car from Dept of Motor Vehicles. I can’t believe if you by a car you can’t turn around and sell it immediately. It takes them up to 90 days to provide a title!! Shouldn’t be that long though.

The stress of that fiasco put me over the edge. I’m all beat up.

V🐍
Old 12-05-2019, 03:30 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hi all just doing my usual bedtime check in.

Nichole, I'd love a proper wood burning stove but where I live is a smokeless zone and it is an offence to emit smoke from a chimney unless you have a special certificate or are burning an authorised smokeless fuel.
Re your battle to stop drinking , you wrote this for Viper-" You know it’s never to late right? If that’s what you want I truly believe you can make it happen! Never let anything stop you!!" You could apply the very same thing to yourself.

Some good advice there for Nichole Viper, it all makes sense. I'm sorry that you're still feeling yucky, but hopefully you'll soon be on the mend.

Back tomorrow

Love to all xxxx
Old 12-05-2019, 08:52 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn x

what can i say about my length of time here? never changed my name and been here since near beginning of this site.

on the being in bed it dont matter how much i sleep i am never really bushy tailed in morn but saying that i am a morning person, so who knows, again nothing much to say this morn.

hangi in there all u lovely people xx
Old 12-05-2019, 11:18 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Morning loveliest

Ugh am sat here with a cup of tea , praying to my HP as feeling very overwhelmed at the minute. Yesterday I had plans to go to a meeting as I love my Thursday meeting and then some yoga and to decorate my tree as have had my tree since tuesday and havent even had a chance to decorate it yet 😣
anyway, my friend, who I have talked about to you guys before...the dihydracodeine breastfeeding one (!) , well she was sue in court yesterday as she has an ongoing battle with her ex partner over custody arrangements of their 21 month old and also domestic violence accusations. So she has 2 other children, 7 and 5 and I had already agreed to pick.her 7 year old up from school for her but then her friend who was meant to be looking after her baby let her down so.she asked me!. My heart literally sank when she did as it wasn't how I wanted to spend my day but how could I refuse? She had no one else and being a friend means helping out if and when you can. This baby adores me and she is a cutie but she is so needy as she is so pampered she wasn't well. I couldn't put her down all day, she would just cry. I then had ti pick the older daughter from school and go back to my friends and get dinner for all the kids. Luckily my other good friend was in hand as she had picked up the 5 year old. Did I tell you how chaotic it is round hers? Her kids are literally feral. The baby eats as she walks around just throwing a trail of food on the floor in her wake. My friend didn't get back till half six as she went for a drink with her barrister after as they lost their case. We didn't end up getting home till gone 8. I felt really overwhelmes and tearful last night. Plus I havent been sleeping well either since I got back from San Fran. It's hard because i want to help my friend out I truly do but I can see the chaos she lives in, she is still popping these pain meds plus she is now on medication for ADHD. She has a lovely heart and is good fun and that's why i love her but everything is a drama and chaos around her. I need a break today! Going to have the day today I wanted yesterday. Plus I have my own list of chores to get done.

Sorry for the rant.it will all be ok.

Glad to see you posting Nichole. I was a Luke on tbis site before I started posting. Not sure how long for? I will have to see if I can find my join date. Before this site I was a member of lots of other different recovery forums. Women for sobriety and Soberistas are at least 2 of them. I had many different under women for sobriety. This one is tbe best though in my opinion. I am also a member of Staying Cyber which is an AA one. Been on there for years and it is starting to make sense now hahaha.

I think the point is that if you join one of these sites you are most likely an alcoholic and will be back.i hear alot in tbe rooms that this is a KILLER ILLNESS. It is. Even if we don't die physically we will die mentally and spiritually if we continue to drink.

Have got to get up now. looking forward to a peaceful day🙏❤🙏❤
Old 12-07-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Hi Erratic, I hope you're okay, I don't honestly think it matters how long we've been a member of S.R or how many times we've left and come back, what matters is that we keep on trying until we get it right. In hindsight I can now see that it was silly of me to be so embarrassed to come back after relapsing time and time again that I had to change my name because I was worried about what people would say or think about me. At the end of the day we're all here for the same reason and everyone gets sober in their own time, it isn't a race.

I hope you're feeling better this evening Suze, I don't like feeling overwhelmed, but I often do. After reading about your 'friend' I'm wondering if perhaps distancing yourself from her is the way to go. She doesn't seem to be good for you and you don't need that all confusion in your life, you've known her a while now and nothing has changed. You need to concentrate on your sobriety, that has to come first.

Love to all of you, I'm off to bed. xxx
Old 12-07-2019, 08:09 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hi peeps

3am and awake.!! I haven't been sleeping well this week at all. My eyes look like I am about to go on a 2 week vacation, my bags are so big!

So after my stressful day on thursday I had a nice chilled day friday. I went go my AA meeting, then yoga and went and got my nails done. Glittery gold for Christmas! Bought some nice food and some treats and had a chilled out evening at home with Seren . Decorated the tree and she helped me. It looks great. I was munching on mint matchmakers whilst decorating. I always used to have to drink when I put tbe tree up! It was nice to eat 😊😊

Yesterday we had our AA homegroup christmas party. I was quite looking forward to it. The little hall in the church opposite the room we have our metting in was hired and decorated and everyone was in charge of bringing something. As our meeting is child friendly there were lots of kids there and we all had to huy our own child a pressie and put in Santa's sack and a guy from the fellowship came in as Santa. The kids loved it. But I didn't. I actually find it quite boring. And no, not because there was no alcohol lol. I imagined (expectations!!) that we would all be up dancing but everyone was just sat around in chairs chatting or outside smoking. Some people were really miserable. There is one lady in my home group who is a funny one, always seeking attention. She was crying her eyes out. My ex sponsor was there and I could have been paranoid but she seemed really off with me. In the Big Book it says that we are people who would probably not usually mix. It was very evident to me that that was the case yesterday. In meetings it is fine but in a social situation with (some) of these people and wow. I was quite astonished and it was a real eye opener to me. Anyway, Seren made a couple of friends and she enjoyed herself. We left a bit early as my dad was comimg to pick us up and also because I wanted to leave .Anyway, it was fine. Nothing bad happened Haha. Imagine if we had all been drinking lol.

So we are at my mum and dads for the night. My mum.cooked a lovely steak dinner last night and is doing a roast chicken today mmmm and we are gonna spend today with my niece and nephew. Looking forward to it.

Yeh my friend...I do worry about her a bit cos I can see the chaos she is living in and how unmanageable her life is but there isnt much I can do about that. I need to be careful though as my ex friend relied heavily on me for childcare and I couldn't speak my truth and be honest that actually it was too much for me and it ended up blowing up quite spectacularly. So I just need to keep boundaries in place and it is ok to say no.

Going to try to go back to sleep now.

Thanks for letting me rant. Lol.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:20 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Hi folks, not much to report. I’m just checking in. Good to see everyone posting.

I wasn’t going to do this but now that it’s set, I’m starting to think about *after* California. I’m going to need to keep on track. I suppose it’s won’t be impossible to keep the diet going, get a serious juice blender, and go to the gym. That’s basically what I’ll have to do.

I really think when they take me off all the foods that I’m not supposed to be eating right now, wheat, dairy, sugar, etc etc, and I’m basically on juices, I’ll improve a lot. That gives me the jump start now, and the education and experience I can use to jump start myself, on my own. It’s gotta help. Diet is huge with all this. Auto immune issues, and it’s proven now... anxiety and depression.

Ok here’s to feeling better. I meet my Integrative Medicine person, the Advanced Practice Nurse Monday. She’s extremely encouraging. I felt a hand on my arm at the grocery store today and it was her. She’s such a nice person. She’s psyched I’m going. And I’d be in love with her if she want my APRN. Uuughhhhh. Deadly!! 😍

right then. Maybe see the nephew tomorrow. I’m really counseling him a lot lately. He needs it.

I’m trying to get over that car nightmare. I never cease to be surprised at the s#%t job that dealer did and how cheap VW is. The interior cleaning was done and the Detailer was truly appalled at what he found. I think it’s sanitized at this point. He said the dealer cannot put the VW Certified mark on a car with that kind of filth. I wish I’d known because I would have used the lawyer. I’m getting more abusive toward the dealer. The guy, service manager, I know and like over there got a ration of rage from me after that detail and I’m sure that will move up the line. I don’t give a F k about them. I’ll be known as an official d-head in that place and about time.

I forgot how intimidating I used to be. When I quit drinking I lost a lot of that. I was vicious. I could turn someone into a puddle. I carried myself completely differently. Now when I go into the city people have the nerve to remain on the same block, or even try to run their games on me. I gotta change that. The city made me hard. I was kind of ‘gansta,’ in a total punk rock way. Mutual respect with the real hardcore guys.

I miss that. Big time. Mr Nice Guy, doesn’t win. He doesn’t get girls either. I really am a sweetheart. That’s me, but I can be a very kind rattlesnake, and still bite. I’ve taken enough screw jobs this year.

I need to design a Viper Tshirt for myself. ‘Don’t F with the Viper’ 😂😂with a snake logo, and something for my motorcycle, a logo, and to put on the back of my motorcycle jackets. Ok maybe time it down.

Thanks. I think I just write a little narrative. Crappy, but a start.

V🐍
Old 12-07-2019, 09:52 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Ok so maybe not so mean at the dealer, or maybe more mean. I dunno yet.

Anyway I went back to the high end, Relax the Back place, and they got me into something different for the car. A different folding sacral support, that you sit on and goes up the back. It folds in the center and they bend it to your body. This one is wider so I’m not sitting on the frame and it has a much thicker, dense, memory foam covering it. It’s really nice. It may solve the back issue. Just driving home with it was way better and I’m not in pain as I lie in bed tonight.

but it’s still a test. If the my back is ok, I deal with the car and forget the utter stupidity of my sister.

later

V
Old 12-07-2019, 09:55 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in before work x

yeah daisy ur right as long as we keep trying x

i had a very bad night on friday, which to much of a story to write down and i ended up self harming which havent done for long while. was nothing to do with hub or daughter but my mother and dad and about my sister, which i made up my mind yesterday morning is i am not going to involve myself with and keep out of it. anyway enough of that.

hope u all have a good day, im off as usual for my second cup of tea of the morning. xx
Old 12-08-2019, 10:37 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Erratic, family is a top stressor that’s for sure. If was, well, whatever I wished I become, I’d be far away from here. Not dealing with family.

Self harm sucks. It’s scary to deal with. But it’s like an outlet. I know.

V
Old 12-08-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, hope you're all okay. All's okay with me apart from being tired. I went into town today with Mr D.B to do some Christmas shopping...big mistake. You probably all know by now that I hate driving with a passion but what I hate even more is being a passenger especially when he is driving, I think he drives too close to the car in front and today we had to park in the multi storey car park which is 6 floors high but is also like a helta skelta and twists round and round, I was having the abdabs by the time we found a space. I am never going in that car park again, ever!I would rather walk miles to get where I'm going.
Then town was heaving, just too many people and the queues were ridiculous. Now I remember why I started doing my shopping online.

I'm sorry you're not sleeping well Suze, I'm not the best sleeper myself especially when I'm stressed, I wake up at stupid o clock worrying about things I can do nothing about at that time of the morning, or probably any other time if the truth was but known.
I bet your tree looks lovely, mine isn't going up until next weekend because I'm a bit Bah humbug.
I'm sorry the Christmas party wasn't as fun as you were hoping it would be, at least Seren made some friends though and you had that lovely meal at your mums which is a bonus.
You must definitely stick to your boundaries and be firm but fair. xx

Hi Viper, I'm sure you'll have no problems in keeping the diet going once you're back from California, invest in a good juicer and do what you have to do, your health is important.

Erratic, big hugs ((( ))) I'm so sorry you felt the need to self harm, I hope you didn't do too much damage. As Viper said, family can be a top stresser, mine is. I think you're doing the right thing by keeping your distance, leave them to it and you concentrate on you.

Off to bed now.

Nite nite xxx
Old 12-08-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Evening my lovelies.

I felt like a right misery today after what I said about the party! I dunno why I was feeling like that. It was a pleasant gathering. I guess I was just expecting it to be something different and we all know what we can get like if our expectations aren't met lol. I was always the biggest party girl and I guess you can take the alcohol out of the girl but the party spirit still lives on. It was pleasant and christmassy and the kids loved it and pretty awesome that there were a whole bunch of alkies in a room together with not a drop of alcohol , no fights, no one crying (well one person!l and no inappropriate snogs!!

My mum cooked a roast chicken today and my sister was round and my brother and his wife and my niece and nephew. I played Simon Says with them and then we did charades. Trying to teach them how to do it. We had such a laugh. My brother and his wife shared a bottle of red wine and I had zero desire to drink. In fact the thought of a drink actually repulsed me! Wow, what a miracle.

Home now and Seren asleep. Meltdown this morning as my sister touched the bloody Elf! So she had to write a letter to Santa to say sorry, we sprinkled cinnamon around the Elf as apparently cinnamon is like vitamins to these Elves and then we all had to sing a Christmas song! Later in the day I hid little Buddy and Seren and my nephews little faces! Thinking he had gone off to to the North Pole to get his magic back. Aww bless them. The wonder and innocence of childhood. Long may it continue.

Erratic, I am so sorry to hear you self harmed. I have no experience with that. Although I guess I self harmed in other ways. I hope you are ok lovely.

Viper, I think you are doing the right thing going to California. Not long to go now.

Ooh DaiSy hitting tbe shops at the weekend. You're brave! I am practically done now. Got most of my stuff when I was in San Francisco. Nothing like shopping on work time 😊😊

Gonna try to sleep now. I have a horrid dry cough again. Its been on and off for 6 months so think a drs appt is needed.

Sleep well app

Xx