Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 12

Old 09-30-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2018 Part 12

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-11-a-20.html (Class of April 2018 Part 11)

D
Old 09-30-2019, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, thanks for responses.

The welding shop can patch a piece in and that’s the only rotted spot on the car. I went in today. Going rate is $600

My mechanic said, better idea is to get the whole front section of the car sub frame used, in really good condition, and he will hook me up with an great install price. The price is either the same or a little more. But every $600-$700 ADDS UP and I’m being bled out.

So that’s what I’ll do frame wise.

He will make sure it’s good. And even sand it and coat it if I want, plus coat the bottom of my car.

What i I should have done was to never put another nickel into the car. It would have gone for a year or more. I think of this as money toward a new motorcycle or travel. It’s very upsetting to kind of waste this money into a money pit.

V
Old 09-30-2019, 10:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee.

Good morning Whiners and a very wet one it is, it's poured down all night and it's bucketing down now, I don't know where it's all coming from, its absolutely relentless. I've had enough of it now.

At least once that jobs done your car should be roadworthy again Viper, what's done is done, no point in making yourself ill worrying about what you can't change now. Lets hope there are no more issues with it now.

See you all later

Love always xxx
Old 09-30-2019, 10:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Morning lovelies!!

It's my birthday today woo hoo (not! Lol) but hey I am sober and a sober birthday is a good birthday! I was going to treat myself to a little spa day today. Just me and myself. But I spent too much money on clothes in London so dropped that idea Haha.

I visited my friend on Sunday who I havent seen for nearly 2 years! We had alo ely time, nothing has changed between us. I told her of my recovery and she was really supportive. I am so pleased I have her back in my life again ❤❤ that wouldnt have happened if I had still been drinking.

Today I am going to do a workout, get to a meeting and then later I am having a coffee with my new sponsor. Just to have a chat. I told my ex sponsor (only via text) and she wished me good luck. It is pretty common in AA apparently to switch sponsors. We all have the same goal which is to stay sober so it's all good. At the end of the day I have to do what is best for MY recovery.

I got my daughter back yesterday. It was really weird cos I had been away with work and then had a weekend to myself which was great dont get me wrong but I felt like I was missing a part of myself. And I was really. My daughter. I was quite restless without her. So happy to have her home. ❤❤
Old 09-30-2019, 11:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

nearest exxon mobil station
Old 09-30-2019, 11:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Happy birthday suz have a wonderfull day!!!!
Old 09-30-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday Snitch

D
Old 10-01-2019, 03:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy birthday snitch!! Hopefully you have a beautiful lovely day!!!
Old 10-01-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for my birthday wishes guys 🥰🥰🥰

Am beat so will post tomorrow just it sure is great going to bed sober on a birthday 😊😊
Old 10-01-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you going to bed sober on your birthday snitch!!!!!

I’m not sure how to explain this.... I’m feeling stuck like I can’t keep going but I’m happy to be sober... I’ve already seen the benefits of not drinking and I truly do love it and blessed to be moving forward and starting to love life again!!! For some reason I just want to quit I don’t know why... when I was at the store today I looked at all the different alcohols and was going to buy something but for some reason didn’t pick anything out and kept on moving... I’m not sure whats going on in my head and why I’m feeling the way I am how can I want sobriety and love the feeling free part but want to quit and disappear doesn’t make any sense to me
Old 10-01-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

try not to worry too much about what you're thinking or feeling Nichole - I remember i had enough on my plate just not drinking, drugging, buying alcohol etc.

keep it simple for now

D
Old 10-01-2019, 06:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Suze!! Im proud of you! 🥳🔥🌈💜

Old 10-01-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi, I’m trying hard to rally. “If you find yourself walking through Hell, keep walking” or something like that. -Churchill.

So I am just moving forward on what I think (again) is the last piece here. The sub frame rot is one area and instead of welding a patch, I ordered a used one from California today. And I think I mentioned my mechanic is hooking me up with the install. I talked to a Acura repair expert today from OEM ACURA PARTS today. The guy has been working in Honda/Acura Tech for 35 years. He said ‘You’ve done everything to that car. That sub frame is it. Don’t let this be a ‘That’s it!!!’ Moment here. I see that all the time when someone is frustrated. Do it and you should be good to go. Buy that used one and put it in. He sells that sub frame new for $1000. My used one is $200 and shipping, in ‘very good’ condition. Plus the mechanic will treat it against rust. It arrives the 9th. We shall see. I’m under the price of the weld patch.

I cant wait until you don’t hear about this anymore !!!

I realized my my biggest problem is that if there are things up in the air that I can’t move forward on anything else. I don’t know if it’s a mechanism I use to prevent me from advancing in my life, but that’s certainly what happens. I’ve got to be able to have uncertainty and multiple balls in the air at once.

Ive been watching all of these videos by mechanics, and welders, and rust treatments and all of this kind of thing, and I really would love to be able to do that stuff. I’d love to work in a place that restored or modified motorcycles or Land Cruisers or whatever. Plus they make a ton of money. I always liked working with my hands. Where I come from, that was something for the lower class. Turns out they make a ton of money now and fancy college degrees aren’t worth much. Plus it’s fun stuff if you have the right job.

Maybe when I’m feeling better, Motorcycle Mechanic School would be nice. Of course I need to pay for that and it’s not cheap. Unless I can get a scholarship or something. Those schools don’t really do ‘free.’ If you have welfare or disability or anything there’s no money to send you to tech school and get you off it. Stupid. I got a Full scholarship to an Ivy school for a BA in English (forgot how to write already), but I need to pay a lot to become mechanic 😕. Some people just learn it from childhood.

Anyway i gotta get my phone charger.

V🐍

Old 10-02-2019, 12:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning guys.

Ahhh had a lovely sleep last night.

So I went to my AA meeting and it was good my ex sponsor bought me a lovely bunch of flowers for my birthday ❤❤ we had a chat before we went into the meeting. I thanked her for everything she had done for me and told her I had learnt so much from her and she said she had learnt so much from me too. She hasnt taken anyone through the steps before so at the end of the day she was just doing her best and I do think alot of her but ultimately she just wasn't the right person for me and it's ok. It's all good.

Met with my new sponsor for coffee and chat. I just feel that this is going to be good. She seems to be someone who is going to show me and guide me. Not tell me what to do. I am looking forward to embarking on the steps with her.

This weekend made me realise I cannot afford to rest on my laurels otherwise it is highly likely I will drink again and for me to drink is to die.

So, starting over. It's all part of my journey! So grateful to be sober.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Glad you going to bed sober on your birthday snitch!!!!!

I’m not sure how to explain this.... I’m feeling stuck like I can’t keep going but I’m happy to be sober... I’ve already seen the benefits of not drinking and I truly do love it and blessed to be moving forward and starting to love life again!!! For some reason I just want to quit I don’t know why... when I was at the store today I looked at all the different alcohols and was going to buy something but for some reason didn’t pick anything out and kept on moving... I’m not sure whats going on in my head and why I’m feeling the way I am how can I want sobriety and love the feeling free part but want to quit and disappear doesn’t make any sense to me
Well they say in AA if you wanna find out why you drank then stop drinking haha.

You are doing really well Nichole. As Dee says , try not to over complicate things at the minute. Continue to stay sober one day at a time. If you are like me though it isn't enough to just put the alcohol down. I put down the alcohol which was the solution to my problems and then I am left with me. I need a recovery plan.my recovery plan is AA and the 12 steps. It's also about, as Dee says,building a life you love and don't want to escape from. There are many different things we can do to recover. You need to find something that works for you.

My recovery comes down to praying and meditating, turning my will over to something more powerful than me and trying not to control everything and everyone, becoming a more honest and less selfish, self centred and fearful person, cleaning up the wrong doings in my life, being grateful for what I have and helping others.

When I do these things I feel peace and serenity and I can enjoy life. I can do fun stuff with my daughter, have good times with friends and family, look after myself by eating well and exercisexercise a pride in my home, try things I wouldnt have done before, find out what the sober me loves to do.
most of all it is about living in the present moment. Enjoying life as it is today.

Keep sharing what is going on in your head. It's great to get it out and nothing beats sharing with another or other alcoholic(s).
Old 10-02-2019, 12:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hopefully y’all are having a good day!!
I definitely need a recovery plan!!! I am going to the doctors tomorrow which it’s not my favorite thing but it’s a step forward. I really need to work on not trying to control everything in my life and have some faith and stop over thinking it does add fuel to the fire. On a better note today has been beautiful even if I’ve been up since 4:30am I woke up in a good mood and been staying positive all day no matter what happens today tomorrow or the next month I don’t care I’m just going to focus on sobriety and my kids are my main concern
Old 10-02-2019, 03:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a good start Nichole

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)
Old 10-02-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils

I'm just quickly checking in before I go to bed, I have read your posts but I am too tired to reply to them, busy day and all that but I'll post more tomorrow.

I hope you don't have to wait much longer for your car to be finished Viper.

Suze, I'm proud of you too and how kind of your old sponsor to buy you some flowers for your birthday, I'm glad you've worked your differences out and your new sponsor sounds just right, so all good.

Nichole, you are such a lovely person and so candid about your thoughts. Good move going to the doctor's, you have to look after you. As Dee said, keep it simple, you only have to think about today. xxx

I hope you're okay Erratic, are you back home now?

Nighters all, love always. xx
Old 10-02-2019, 11:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Hey Daisy! You always manage to respond to everyone no matter how tired you are ❤❤ how are things with the grandkids? I hope your son isn't causing too many issues either 🙏

Viper really hope you get your car sorted soon!

Erratic, I hope you are having an amazing time!!

Nichole, you are doing really well. I totally get trying to control everything and everyone lol and it just doesn't work. I will share more with you later about what I have learnt about handing it over and for accepting people and situations as they are. I havent got time to write now.

Hi Dee

Not much to report here except that I heard some good stuff in my meeting. Someone shared about instant gratification and I really identified with that. When I drank the buzz was immediate and i wanted that excitement/relief whatever i was seeking at the time like right then and there. I have worked on that now but I am finding I use food and shopping the same way. So that's what I will be working on from now on. Also, trying to get get out of self to help others. I do feel I have what is described in AA as a 'hole'in the soul and i have been trying to fill it all my life with alcohol, comfort food or clothes/shoes/accessories etc. Time to start putting the action in to make changes.

Apart from that all is good. I am glad I am sober. I am glad I have SR and AA. No way could I have done this alone no way. I am glad I have friends here and in AA and a strong loving family network. I never ever want my little girl to see me drunk and unpredictable and as long as I keep doing this stuff then she wont ever have to.

So, have a blessed day all. I really wish I could have a coffee with all of you this morning!!

Lots of love.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say I’m thinking of you all!!!!
Super nervous about going to the doctors because I’m going to be honest with her how my mood is always changing my anxiety and panic is not the best but I know I should mention the drinking then not drinking now and everything else in between.... I usually get nervous and say everything is fine just so I can leave not this time!!!!
Enjoy your day do something for yourself today y’all deserve it