Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 455

Old 09-10-2019, 02:19 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Sorry for my extended absence, I was traipsing around Europe and the UK. I decided to disconnect from all emails, social media, SR, phone etc so I set up auto reply on emails and absence greeting on my phone very liberating! I知 back home now and catching up with everything slowly. I知 a bit under the weather after picking up a cold/flu bug during travelling, but will be back up and at it soon.
Another 24 for me please
Old 09-10-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I think he is a seriously sensational human being. And I am not alone. s

Being where we are meant to be, even if it is far from what we want is a very special spiritual place.....we grow exponentially as we open up the possibilities of what can be.... s
Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hi everyone
Sorry for my extended absence, I was traipsing around Europe and the UK. I decided to disconnect from all emails, social media, SR, phone etc so I set up auto reply on emails and absence greeting on my phone very liberating! I知 back home now and catching up with everything slowly. I知 a bit under the weather after picking up a cold/flu bug during travelling, but will be back up and at it soon.
Another 24 for me please
Hey Willow, I could do with some of that as well, I often think I壇 like to just leave my phone at home and go camping, forget the outside world of social media and 24/7 availability via mobile phone, hope you had a great time 😊
Old 09-10-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hi everyone
Another 24 for me please
❤ Willow!!!!!!!! ❤

Can you tell I missed you? xxx
Feel better honey. s
Old 09-10-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I would like another 24 sober ones, please!
Old 09-10-2019, 02:43 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post

Hey Willow, I could do with some of that as well, I often think I壇 like to just leave my phone at home and go camping, forget the outside world of social media and 24/7 availability via mobile phone, hope you had a great time 😊
So do it....even just for a few days. s xx
Old 09-10-2019, 03:20 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
Evening lovely folks!

I've had a pretty good day today, made a minor mistake at work and just owned up to it ( I forgot something I needed to take for a job quite a few miles away). Having just explained and apologised, I'm pleasantly surprised to find that I don't feel bad about it. these things happen.

Just been reading through a few of everyone else's posts and it's become apparent to me that the overwhelming majority of my posts here tend towards self seeking, self pity or just being downright full of myself.

With that in mind, I'd very much like to express my gratitude to the people here, who always have a kind word (even when I sometimes suspect that they're stifling a sigh as I go off on another rant)..

Dee, Venus, Kenton, to name a few... IcedVoVo, I hope things are as well as they can be with your Mum.

It's the knowledge that this forum, as are the rooms of AA, is a safe place for me, that keeps me checking in, and makes me feel a part of a bigger picture.

Things aren't easy for me at the moment, and I don't have everything I want, but I absolutely do have exactly what I need, right now, right here.

I'm grateful for my sobriety and I'd like to check in for another 24 hours if I may. There's a great deal more that I would like to say but right now I'm freshly fed and showered, in my PJ's and ready for bed. I really could do with earlier nights and more sleep!

Sending much love, positivity and peaceful thoughts to all, especially anyone struggling tonight. I truly believe that I'm beginning to learn about who I really am again. Been a long time since I've seen that person and to my surprise, I genuinely believe that he's actually quite a pleasant human being.

21.50 here in my part of the UK, and I'm signing out.

Be excellent to each other! (Bill S. Preston, Esquire) x

I definitely don't sigh when I read your posts, James. And I very much doubt anyone else here does either. And I don't think you are self-seeking, self-pitying or full of yourself at all. I think you're honest and brave. And I can't wait until I read the post when you meet up with your kids again. Because that will happen James. If you keep doing what you're doing, you are going to rebuild your relationships and build an awesome future. So keep checking in here everyday and FYI your posts are nowhere near what I would consider rants. If you want to read rants, check out some of my old posts/ranty novels. All the wonderful people here put up with me.... We're all in this together.

Sending lots of love to you and your mum Iced Vovo xxxx

Hope the course is going well Suze xxx

And Willow!! How I wish I'd known you were in the UK - we could have met up. Now I'll have to come to Australia, hey ho!.Great to hear from you and I hope you had a wonderful trip.

Since I got back from Mexico, I can not seem to fall asleep before 2am, no matter how early I get up each morning. I did a restorative yoga class this evening and I just had a big mug of hot chocolate and I've sprayed lavender scent on my pillow. Fingers crossed this is the night I fall asleep before midnight.....goodnight ....love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 09-10-2019, 03:24 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

And 6 years Kane?? That's tremendous!! And very inspiring. Congratulations xxx
Old 09-10-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
nmd

In for 24
Old 09-10-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 hours please 🤗
Old 09-10-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:20 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Signing in early for Wednesday - (supposed to be) - working overnight
Thanks x
Old 09-10-2019, 05:56 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

FPrayers for all that hurting

Text my sponsor yesterday coz he was @ work, that based on my schedule, I wasn’t gonna be able to go to mtg until Fri(day off) which would be more than a wk! His reply was wouldn’t know how I could do that & I just needed to make time. I could feel his stern but also kind voice in that text(like I told SL I’m grateful to have him coz he does his “job” well). I’d forgotten I’m coffee maker on Tue’s which of course did, but also reminded him I Love mtgs so it would disappoint me more than him
24 mo as on way to work
Old 09-10-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of making a good decision? Thank you.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:40 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Thank you Rose, Mags and Suze and everyone for your kind words of support. Xx

Mother was a little better and brighter today, which makes me feel better too. She’s got a lot of trouble still, but every day is a good day if it’s better than the last. I will keep praying and spending time with her and family when I’m not working or sleeping. Much to be grateful for.

I may get transferred back downtown. I used to work there 4 years ago and loved it. Then I got transferred to engineering during some organizational weirdness. I’ve been a total misfit here ... It’s a lovely downtown.. full of shops, lots of walking opportunities, restaurants and coffee places and not too much traffic . Trying not to get too excited or look for boxes yet. The e-team has not issued any sort of directive as yet. If it’s time it will happen. You’re the only ones I will tell.

Not only that, but it RAINED and dropped to 75 degrees. Haven’t seen that since June. All in all, a very good day.

Sending love and requesting 24 more,

V
Old 09-10-2019, 06:57 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Another 24 sober hours for me! 9:55pm here. Take care all!
Old 09-10-2019, 08:18 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
❤ Willow!!!!!!!! ❤

Can you tell I missed you? xxx
Feel better honey. s
❤️❤️❤️ you too beautiful xx
Old 09-10-2019, 08:40 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

I'm checking in for my next 24.

Bobbi
Old 09-10-2019, 09:22 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Magsie

James, lovely post and I reiterate what Kenton and Suze say, and it’s good to have you here and see your progress. Be happy my friend, you’ve chosen the right road.

Iced VoVo, I’m pleased your mum was a bit brighter . And it will be great for you if you get transferred back downtown with work , where it sounds, you belong.

24 more please
05.22am Wednesday
Old 09-10-2019, 10:34 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

24 more for me too please!

10:34 PM with a cat on my lap.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:44 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Another one please