# 342 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 hours please 🤗
Old 09-09-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Another sober day, please.

Sober thoughts and wishes for all!
Old 09-09-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hello folks. 11.45pm here in the murky midlands and I’m off to bed shortly. Couldn’t miss checking in though, I have grown to love seeing my name on the list.

I have to be up at 5am to drive to a job and I’m grateful for the sobriety that allows me to do this, and the fact I can actually enjoy it and want to do it.. 120 days sober today and I’d like to pledge another 24 hours please.

We do this one day at a time, days become weeks, weeks become months.

There’s no quick fix. There is, however, a beautiful journey of self discovery to be embraced.

I need to start on my 4th step but somehow keep finding ways to avoid it, to be honest I’m apprehensive and a little fearful of it. But I’m aware that I want to put the work in, I just don’t know how to start.
Tired, but warm, freshly showered and comfy. Alarm set, guided meditation at the ready...

Peace and love
James
Old 09-09-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

On Monday evenings my husband plays sports, he's done so for years. In the years before sobriety, aptly known by me as the BS years, I would wave him goodbye on Monday evenings, get the kids to bed and start drinking wine. I'd do it because he wasn't around to see how much I was drinking and judge me but mainly I'd do it because I'm an alcoholic and that is what we do. Anyway, fast forward a few years and this is how I now spend my Monday evenings. I talk to my kids, hear about their days, laugh with them, read to them, help get their school bags ready for tomorrow, talk to them some more and then kiss them goodnight. I clear up the house, put a load of washing on, check my work emails. Then I burn some sage, use it to smudge the house and get rid of any negative energy, do some yoga, meditate for a bit and then get into bed to read my moonology book. Hmmmm. I was just sitting in bed thinking about my evening, thinking how much better it is now but wondering whether I've become a bit, well ... weird. I mean, I'm just so different these days. I used to be a total party animal and now I get excited when I hear they'll soon be announcing the winner of 'Britain's best tree'. I seem to have become an odd kind of nerd who loves reading about fossils and planets and crystals. Sometimes when I'm out walking (these days I walk a lot), I feel drawn to collect feathers ... I even had a 'Britain's got talent' type competition with sticks once .... I keep the winning stick on a table in my bedroom along with a jar of feathers, a shell, some crystals, a candle and a beautiful photo of the moon. Hmmmm. So, anyway I was sitting in bed earlier wondering whether it matters.... I mean, maybe I am a bit odd but I'm not hurting anyone and the most important thing is, I feel like I'm being the real me now. And that makes me happy. For the avoidance of any doubt, drunk party animal me was not the real me. I see that now. This is the real me. And I'm so grateful I finally got to know her. And I'm also so grateful this isn't 17th century Salem. Because with my sage-burning, stick-collecting, moon-watching antics, I reckon things could have got a bit heated for me back then. And then I log in here and read all the wonderful posts about Halloween (my favourite time of the year except for Christmas and maybe summer)....halloween is definitely one of my top three times of the year .... And I read all the posts and I feel like this place is my second home. Love all you guys so much. Without this thread, I wouldn't be me. Thank you. 24 more for this grateful and happy oddball please xxxx
Old 09-09-2019, 04:08 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

And you're doing awesome James! 120 days is brilliant. Good luck with the early start xxx
Old 09-09-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
nmd

Hi gang- checking in late but in for 24hours
Old 09-09-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just plugging away with another day sober. 24 more for me.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hi whopper! xx
Old 09-09-2019, 06:13 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Hola all and happy Monday! In for another sober day. 9:12pm here. I can feel the Fall coming. Can’t wait!
Old 09-09-2019, 06:13 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Kenton and James: you both write so beautifully! Thank you for sharing.

I really appreciate being here tonight. Mother is back in the hospital after being taken by paramedics last evening. She’s severely anemic and needed a transfusion, plus fever, etc. Slowly improving but it’s sad. I just don’t know how much longer. Doc doesn’t give her a long time but I’m trying not to think about that. I was at the hospital all night, worked all day and back to the hospital. I had a few free days before, though. I went home earlier than she would have liked but I was about to crash my car if I didn’t get home and rest. I’ll go see her after work each day. On the plus side, she didn’t go to critical care and will likely pick up a bit and maybe be able to go home in a week.

It’s really tough, this year, just brutal with both parents. No drinking, though. I’ve lost the desire to drink. But I don’t want to ‘forget’—not ever, especially not now. Got to be strong and take care of family and me too. I’m still around and will get through this. Just a day at a time. Life is always uncertain, no matter how safe or precarious things ‘seem’. That comforts me.

24 with love for my friends here. How blessed I am.

Xx
Old 09-09-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Checking in!
Old 09-09-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

My darling VoVo ~ the gift of being present for our parents when they are ailing and need us is a true blessing.....being able to give and care and remember.....it is painful and beautiful and so so hard, and it is something I will treasure forever.

I love you so much....I have been feeling you so strongly....we are all her for you honey. Sending love and strength and prayers for your mum.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:11 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Hey lovely people....college early tomorrow, so I will post later in the day.
Love to all of the awesome 24ers.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:14 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
My darling VoVo ~ the gift of being present for our parents when they are ailing and need us is a true blessing.....being able to give and care and remember.....it is painful and beautiful and so so hard, and it is something I will treasure forever.

I love you so much....I have been feeling you so strongly....we are all her for you honey. Sending love and strength and prayers for your mum.
Thank you my dear friend. I love you too.

Xxxxxx
Old 09-09-2019, 08:00 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

All set for another 24 hours sober!

8:00 PM in the forest.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:26 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Just woke up from a nap an hr ago, but too late now to show up to work! Was disappointed @ myself, however didn’t break rule sixty two. I restarted my day & now need 24 of no regret
Old 09-09-2019, 08:55 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Bobbie, no I don’t have much anymore, only a witch globe that plays ‘the wicked witch is dead’. It must be so much fun to get dressed up. I used to decorate my office when I worked and bring in wiggly worms and skeletons to eat.

24 more please
07.23 am Monday
Oh , I bet that globe is wonderful!! I ❤️ Snow Globes too. But, many have gone to new homes, especially the Huge Christmas one's from Costco. I donated them to one of my Thrift Stores. Time for someone else to enjoy!!

I'll be checking in for my next 24!

Bobbi
Old 09-09-2019, 09:04 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I love to decorate too. We are at the top of a hill that has no outlet, and don’t get any trick or treaters other than the kids on our actual street. I still have lots of fun decorating for my own kids, and me, the biggest kid of all! Big Lots has lots of fun Halloween stuff out.
D., I Know I decorate because I love to see our house all cute & lit up! Growing up my Dad wouldn't allow any outdoor lights at Christmas. He was afraid they'd start a fire. And, certainly nothing for Halloween ��.

Just set in his ways I guess. Of course, I shop Thrift, eBay, 99 Store, Dollar Store, Wal Mart & Target (AFTER Halloween sales). Anywhere I see a unique piece during the year too. But, I won't allow myself to spend the Big $$.

Bobbi
Old 09-10-2019, 12:08 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Magsie

Iced VoVo, thinking of you and wishing your mum a speedy recovery

Kenton, it’s good living in the present....and sober. We can do so much more than when we wasted away with drink.

24 more please
08.08 am Tuesday