Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 455

Old 09-11-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd like another day sober please.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:05 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Not a good day. Tough talks with doctors at the hospital—Mother is taking it hard. I knew she was in great pain too. The phone conversations between my brother, Dad and I were absolutely dreadful, as I was at work standing outside trying to hold it together. But then I had time with her and I helped her after they had gone. She took pain medicine, which is rare, but it made a world of difference. She knows things are bad and she may not have long . That makes everything more painful. That some fairly mild medicine did so much can give me comfort and hope too. Again, she’s still with us..and the time left is unknown. The loneliness and uncertainty is terrible. It’s a crushing feeling. I need to focus on her comfort and happiness no matter what. Whether the odds are very against her and she can’t survive long..or if somehow she does. It is painful for her either way.

I’m so exhausted and distraught but I need to help, keep taking action. And just keep a minimal life going. I’m sober and I have loving friends and family, and I still have her. It’s some kind of balancing act. I can accept that she’s in very bad condition, but still not give up hope. That’s where it is today. She has rallies and huge setbacks. She smiled at me before I left...that was so good. Maybe tomorrow will be a little better..maybe there will be even better days. We just have today to do.

Thank you for listening and helping me. I wish I could be more helpful to you.

24 with love

Xx
Old 09-11-2019, 07:38 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of mental ease? Thank you.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Old 09-11-2019, 07:52 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Hi,
18 years ago TODAY someone I love woke up excited, it was her 65th Birthday!This was the day her & her Grandson were going to do Tandem Parachute Jumping! The woman was/IS my Mom. The Grandson was my nephew who died 3 years in a freak motorcycle/deer accident, which killed them both.

I'm here in Northern Idaho for a week to celebrate her 83rd Birthday, and to visit both my parents in this BEAUTIFUL part of our Country. . BTW, they both did that Jump, once it was safe again in our skies.

So, checking in for my next 24, from the piney forest ❤️

Bobbi
Old 09-11-2019, 09:34 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Happy to be sober today!

9:34 PM in the Douglas Fir forest.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:23 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

24 more for me please.
Love to all. ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Old 09-12-2019, 01:12 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

24 more please and hugs to Iced - stay strong love xxx
Old 09-12-2019, 01:13 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Magsie

VoVo, thinking of you love xx

Bobbi, happy birthday to your mom xxxx

24 more please
09.13am Thursday
Old 09-12-2019, 01:34 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

24 more please.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:50 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

(((Vovo))) Sending hugs and good thoughts to you and your family

Another 24 for me please
Old 09-12-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Another one please
Old 09-12-2019, 02:44 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Good morning and Happy Thursday everyone.
I'm in a state of confusion these days. My marriage has been rocky for many years now and my husband and I had the worst fight ever in front of the kid 2 weeks ago. After that I vowed that it would never happen again and I closed my heart to him and started making plans for separation (down the road.)

He was even back to his usual mood swings last Sunday so I left the house for a bit so I didn't have to be around him. Then, since Monday, he has made a complete 180. He is acting like a totally different person, like the person I met 10 years ago, like the person I fell in love with. He's charming, funny, kind, good with the kids. He's leaving me notes in the morning and asking me how my day was (something he never used to do.) It's confusing beyond belief.

It's like the thing I wanted more than anything (him to change) has arrived (or has it?) and now I don't know what to do with it.
My good friend who I spoke with yesterday says it won't last and that I am not trusting myself and my intuition. I kept telling her I am so confused I don't know what is real anymore.

He says it's the meds/supplements he's combining for his ADD. I guess that is possible.

I even started reading about the empath/covert narcissist relationship, convinced that this is what I am experiencing.
She says people don't change. I don't believe that. However, I don't trust this 100% yet.
It's like he saw what he was about to lose (he would have to move out in the spring) and decided finally to change.
Is it possible to change that quickly? Is this real?
He has me questioning my sanity at this point and I don't trust my feelings anymore. How could I be so sure of divorce just a week ago and now I am living with a totally different person?
I am so lost and I almost feel like I should stop talking about it with my friends. I am the type of person who needs outside opinions, perhaps I rely on them too much. I should be keeping my mouth shut through all of this.
Any insight is appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IcedVoVo View Post
Not a good day. Tough talks with doctors at the hospital—Mother is taking it hard. I knew she was in great pain too. The phone conversations between my brother, Dad and I were absolutely dreadful, as I was at work standing outside trying to hold it together. But then I had time with her and I helped her after they had gone. She took pain medicine, which is rare, but it made a world of difference. She knows things are bad and she may not have long . That makes everything more painful. That some fairly mild medicine did so much can give me comfort and hope too. Again, she’s still with us..and the time left is unknown. The loneliness and uncertainty is terrible. It’s a crushing feeling. I need to focus on her comfort and happiness no matter what. Whether the odds are very against her and she can’t survive long..or if somehow she does. It is painful for her either way.

I’m so exhausted and distraught but I need to help, keep taking action. And just keep a minimal life going. I’m sober and I have loving friends and family, and I still have her. It’s some kind of balancing act. I can accept that she’s in very bad condition, but still not give up hope. That’s where it is today. She has rallies and huge setbacks. She smiled at me before I left...that was so good. Maybe tomorrow will be a little better..maybe there will be even better days. We just have today to do.

Thank you for listening and helping me. I wish I could be more helpful to you.

24 with love

Xx
I'm so sorry to hear that your mother is suffering.
Maybe just focus on one day at a time with/for her and for yourself. Take each moment as it comes and be present with all of it.
Thinking of you.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

(((SFL))) I can relate to the empath/narcissist relationship and that sounds way too familiar....like your friend said, chances are it won't last....they love to mess with our heads! Wishing the best for you and your kids
Old 09-12-2019, 03:19 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:19 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Good morning all. It's 6:30 am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me please and thanks!
Old 09-12-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:06am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today

Yay!! My "ME" day is finally here. I haven't made any definite plans yet. That's what I love about the days I set aside for myself...I can just let the day flow. I am going to head to Ms Fahmeeda's this morning so I can be with her when the mobile hearing van comes to her house. I like to be there for her medical appointments (she's a young 80). Wishing everyone a fantastic day.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:07 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
(((SFL))) I can relate to the empath/narcissist relationship and that sounds way too familiar....like your friend said, chances are it won't last....they love to mess with our heads! Wishing the best for you and your kids
Thank you for your input. I feel like I am going crazy. I don’t know know up from down anymore. Today he left me a note in the fridge and made a coffee for me that was also waiting in the fridge. Then he texts me to tell me he has unlocked the front door so that I don’t need to do it when I get home. It’s all very strange and unfamiliar. Maybe this was him when we were in the honeymoon phase but it quickly faded.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

24 more please