Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 11

Old 09-16-2019, 03:03 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Good evening all and I hope its been a good day.

Nichole, I hope you're okay, you've been on my mind all day. XX

Suze, the nurse was rubbish, I'm sorry to say that but its the truth. By the time she got round to phoning me it was 3 o clock, by which time he was much perkier. I explained all his symptoms to her and she proceeded to tell me to make sure he drank plenty of fluids, told me he probably wouldn't be feeling hungry, to give him paracetamol or Ibuprofen or Calpol and she told me that he probably had a viral infection. Basically she told me to do all the things that I've been doing anyway and and a viral infection is a fob off they use when they haven't got a clue what it is. A viral infection covers a lot of symptoms. I had to laugh when she told me to phone the surgery if he got any worse!!
Anyway, he's still unwell but much better than he was, I'm sure he'll soon bounce back.

Phew, that's a heavy post and I'm not sure what to say about your ex sponsor. It wouldn't be very professional of her to discuss you with other people but I always tell myself that what other people think of me is none of my business. You've definitely done the right thing in parting ways with her, she really isn't for you.
As for the coffee morning lady, she does sound very eccentric and maybe she's just lonely. The thing is though that you have the right to change your mind, you could either tell her you can't go or you could maybe tell her that you can only go for a couple of hours. I'm sure you'll decide what's best for you.

Back tomorrow, goodnight all. xxx
Old 09-16-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Nichole, we cross posted O.M.G what a scary, horrible night you had. Thank goodness you hadn't been drinking and thank goodness your husband was able to get to you. Someone must have been looking after you last night.
Please look after yourself now, your life is precious. xxx
Old 09-16-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Number 1: NIchole - I’m so happy you were sober and you’re ok and the kids are ok. Too bad about the response time in the middle of no where. It’s great that you’re seeing some of the advantages of sobriety and great you weren’t wasted in front of a group of Fire Rescue guys and EMTs. Usually a cop is first on scene since they are in fast cars. That would not have gone well. Happy for you!

Number 2: Suze - Sometimes people don’t need to be prayed for but they need to be confronted in their bull****. She thinks there’s some things *you* need to hear?? It’s awfully combiner that she’s running into you at the park or outside meetings. I think she needs you more than you need her. Ask her what she’s getting out of this. Tell her to work on her step work. ‘And if you think there’s some things I need to hear, why don’t you drive 60 miles into a ***kin’ forest, say those things, and if I hear them, the higher power is workin’ for ya. Also, if I find out you broke confidentiality with my inner most secrets, and I will find out, everyone in AA from London to Kazakstan is going to know your name. Now **** off!!’

Or pray for her. I like the first idea. I’m defensive of my Suze and the other ladies of the group. Tell her you have a new sponsor named Viper and he wants to have a chat 🤣.

V🐍

Old 09-16-2019, 04:18 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Soooo, the Viper got a new mechanic. No, I already employ a perfectly capable hit-man. I’m talking about cars people.

I found him on Craigslist and his name is Tony. He’s what’s called a street mechanic. He was diagnosing a BMW in my town on Sunday morning and said he’d swing by my place. He does everything, including body work. So he went over the car.

It could use a little more: The Rack and Pinion, a CV Joint, and the Oil Pan Gasket. All leaks will end. Plus he’ll pick up the junk yard trunk and bumper, and a few other things for me. I’m hiring him to finish everything. The rates are incredibly inexpensive. Now I need to find my trunk and bumper at a scrap yard on my own because I want to choose them, and I’ll probably be paralyzed as to which to buy. I may end up with body panels that are not the same color. The car is black and there are a ton of mint grey ones out there at the scrap yards. Oh well.

The regular parts are easy. I just wall in and buy new parts. He will use used parts to fix mechanical issues, but none of these are something you want to put in used.

So I've got a guy that go to the scrap yard, get me a low mileage part off a car and put it on cheap from now on when I have a problem. He’ll keep it going. He’ll even pick it up and bring it back, or work here.

I definitely feel he’s 100% legit and I deal on CL a lot.

So tomorrow to find parts and make an appointment.

Now on to health.

V🐍
Old 09-16-2019, 04:46 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hugs for everyone having a hard week - I'm really glad you're ok Nichole

D
Old 09-16-2019, 04:50 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

V🐍
Old 09-17-2019, 01:18 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Nichole wow! How scary that must have been for you!! Thank God that you are ok and also that you were sober!! Wow a real wake up call for sure. Bless you.

Erratic, is it day 4 now for you? How are you feeling,l? I have learnt it's good to get our thoughts out of our head. Share them with others. Good or bad. We are here for you.

Awww Daisy I'm sorry you didnt get much luck with the nurse but am pleased your grandson has perked up a bit. How is he today? Seren is off today. Sje had a bit of an icky tummy yesterday and she said she didnt feel well this morning. Hmmmm she seems ok now!! But she is off and I am just at gime anyway today as really do need to clean. Keep putting it off!

Viper! Omg you crack me up. Your comments really made me laugh but made sense too!

I just love you lot!!..

I am feeling much better today. Sometimes I find it is good just to share what is going on in my head. I was going to call my ex sponsor and ask to meet to clear the air. At least from my side. But am now going to leave it. I'll just be thankful with the good stuff I learnt and leave the rest. If in the future there is a time that we can talk I'll just do what she taught me and stick to my facts and speak my truth. That's all any of us can do. Other than that all is ok. I am going to start reading Jason Vale's kick the drink easily book again. I read it before when I was trying to quit and it's a great book and I would like to see what I make of it with 16 months sobriety behind me. Not that I am toying with the idea of drinking, not in the slightest, but it's a really uplifting book that exposes alcohol for the sham it is and the illusion that we "need" alcohol to enjoy life. I will report my thoughts back 🤣🤣

Right, need to get my lazy butt into gear! Have a good day everyone. Catch you all later x x
Old 09-17-2019, 02:05 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Good morning all, hope you're all well, happy and sober. It's a gorgeous morning here again, we must be having an Indian summer or something, it's been lovely for the last few days.
G.son is still off school but he's a lot brighter this morning, he slept well though he still has diarrhea and a cough. I'm hoping he will be back in tomorrow as his class is going on a trip to the museum to a 'Viking workshop' and I'm supposed to be going with them. If you remember daddy had me stopped from helping in school but seeing as his child lives with me from Sunday night to Friday/Saturday I've volunteered my help. If he kicks off about it, then I'm ready for it, I'm taking no more **** from him.

Viper, I don't think you realise just how hilarious you are, I nearly spat my coffee all over the lap top when I read response 2 of your reply to Suze's post.

I'm really happy that you've found a new mechanic and I hope he's a decent guy who is hard working and honest and won't rip you off, but knowing you I'm pretty sure you will have checked him out thoroughly.
Yeah, your health issues are priority, get them sorted. x

Morning Suze, I'm sorry my reply was a bit short and probably unhelpful last night, I'm just tired after having a few broken nights with a sick child. I know you'll know that feeling. I'm sorry Seren isn't too well and I hope she makes a rapid recovery.
I'm glad you feel better for getting all that off your chest, I always find it helps to write things down, and I think you are right just to leave things for now with your ex sponsor. Thinking about it, if she did tell people your private business, she would be showing herself in her true colours and no one would ever trust her again. I think she'll keep things to herself and I think Viper hit the nail on the head, she needs you more than you need her.

Nichole, you're in my thoughts, I hope you are okay, check in when you can.

Erratic, I hope you are okay too. Big hugs to you. ((( )))

Anyway,, I need to go get my lazy butt into gear now. See you all later and have the best Tuesday you can. xxxxx
Old 09-17-2019, 11:41 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Not much to say just tired and feel like crap an off day but it’s not the end of the world I guess on days like this just be happy to be alive and sober
Hopefully everyone has a beautiful day
Old 09-17-2019, 11:16 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

SpeMorning all.

Just about to get up and get seren ready for school. Her dad is taking her in today though so that helps. I have cancelled meeting the lady in AA. I just dont want to go. It started as going for coffee after the meeting which is what I wanted to do and then turned into going to hers for coffee (she doesnt live that close either) and then spending the whole day together and having lunch! I suggested a meeting first and she said there was one near her and then ,this is quite funny, she left me a message yesterday saying she was looking forward to seeing me but she didnt want to go to the meeting as she did her step 5 yesterday and it came out that she is a people pleaser and that going to the meeting was to people please and be self seeking. What the hell?? I dont know if she meant people pleasing me but I thought it was ironic because actually me going along with her plans was me people pleasing lol. So I sent her a mice message thanking her for inviting me but that I would have to cancel today.

Got to get up be back soon x x
Old 09-17-2019, 11:19 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x

your doing great nichole x good to see u sharing also, hope today is a better day for u x

i have alcohol person this morn and yeah snitch day 5 but trying not to think about it xx i have been taking myself to bed alot more again, but hey ho. back to work tomo and i have ended up doing all day friday for some reason, nvm it will keep me bz. nephew has invited me and hub for dinner tomo night which should be good but tiring again hey ho. working also sat morn so guess will be quick and before i know it i will be heading off to see daughter x

good to hear ur gson is a little better daisy x
glad viper u got right man for ur car x
snitch good to see ur having a better day and please keep us posted on ur thoughts. i have said before i had walk away from AA after 6months which i should of just left the one group which was causing me probs and kept the other for longer. we are all different x just do what is best for yourself and keeps u happy x

will leave it there x

here thinking of you all xx and ofcause u also dee x
Old 09-18-2019, 12:28 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Sorry had to quickly leave my post as time was ticking on and had to get up! Seren just left for school.

Erratic well done 5 days is amazing and I bet you cannot wait to see your Willem!!

Nichole big hugs to you. Be gentle on yourself. You have had quite a shock.

I feel pleased I have cancelled today. I dont want to be judgemental (but hey am going to be anyway lol) but there are some mad sorts in AA haha. Mind you I am a bit mad myself!! But I do need to keep open minded and we are all God's children and all deserve to be alive and happy. I just need to remember to take care of ME and not revert back to the people pleaser that I used to be because that ends up taking me into resentment. I just feel that my life is starting to get back together now. I have always held down jobs, ran a home, and been fiercely independent. It was alcohol that ruined me. I still want to attend meetings but I do feel I can break away slightly from AA and not ne so dependant on it. I hate even saying this really because AA did save me so I will always be forever grateful but I feel its time for this fledgling to start spreading her wings!

Yesterday I got a lot done at home. Today is another lovely day, you are right Daisy it is like we are having an Indian summer and it falls on my part time week! Fab! I am going to get out and mow my lawn and sweep up and clean my front door (its filthy eek). And I am gonna squeeze some yoga in today as well.

Feeling very happy and quite content at the moment.

Have a lovely day and Nichole and Erratic, you are both doing the beat thing you ever could do for yourselves. The early days are hard and the journey is bumpy but please stick those days out. This too shall pass and it does!!
Old 09-18-2019, 01:54 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Good morning
It’s almost 5am not ready to be up but I’m going to have to be honest I really wanted to drink last night before bed I don’t know why but the cravings and urge was strong I thought about it just a few but I know that story all to well and why drink after everything I been through I hate I feel the need and about caved in it drives me crazy something you hate but you think you want over a few feelings I’m worried I’m going to screw everything up like I normally do and I can’t start over it keeps getting worse each time I might have to drag myself into bed sober tonight and post a few more times but I’m trying my best to stay away from drinking it might not be pretty today but it’s definitely worth the fight and the uncomfortable feeling
Hopefully y’all are well and good talk at yea later
Old 09-18-2019, 02:11 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're absolutely doing the right thing Nichole

D
Old 09-18-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Keep going NIchole, it’s gets easier and easier. Your body is trying to get used to it. I’ll tell ya, whatever you’re feeling is not as bad as waking up after a binge. The horror that it’s got control of you, the messes you made the night before, and the physical and mental agony of a hangover.

V
Old 09-18-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone
it’s still early but I’m to tired to even mess with the idea of drinking I hate days that I feel empty or moody I’m super moody today I don’t even want to be around myself I feel like I’m trying to be stronger then what I am and I just need a break from everything I have accepted I can’t drink and moderation will never work I need to find ways to relieve stress and chill out when things get overwhelming because I know not everyday is rainbows and butterflies tomorrow finally be double digits which I can’t remember last time I went 10 days completely sober I haven’t really thought about the weekend but I’m not worried because I’ll have my kids with one of my nephews we are going to the big city for the day I will say I have alcohol that is mine in the house and it’s making it harder not to drink think I’m going to get rid of it because no reason for me to have it sorry for being a downer just needed to get it off my chest hopefully tomorrow is a good day and a amazing day for everyone one thanks for everything y’all do take care
Old 09-18-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils and fingers crossed that I get this post typed without losing it, without the lap top doing an unscheduled mega update as it did last night, without me falling asleep or any other interruptions lol.
Thank you all for asking about my g.son, he is much better now and went back to school today, his class were going on a trip to the museum to do two workshops on the Vikings and Saxons and I was going with them as a voluntary assistant so he was really looking forward to it and didn't want to miss it. All his ailments have cleared up now apart from his cough and he is a bit tired so I decided as it would be an easy day we would go, so that's what we did. He loved it and so did I, honestly it's true, you learn something new every day. He was exhausted tonight and was in bed and fast asleep before 8 o clock.

Sadly I had an awful run in with his dad, my son, last night, which has left me feeling emotionally drained. Dad has him for a couple of hours on a Tuesday evening and usually takes him rugby training, but last night his team was playing in a rescheduled match. He knows the child has been poorly since Saturday and yesterday morning he spent the day lay on the sofa very lethargic and with a bit of a dodgy tummy. I didn't really want to take him to his dad but I have to, so I dropped him off to him and explained that he was still not completely better and that I didn't think it would be a good idea for him to play rugby. He assured me that he had informed the ref that he was unwell and he wouldn't be playing. Hmmm, I had a gut feeling. A bit later on I got a text from him saying he'd taken his child to 'watch' the rugby but to pick him up from his house later. I decided that his later was too late and I went to the rugby ground just before the match ended and lo and behold there was my g.son in his kit playing on the field.!! I walked over and my son spotted me and walked towards me, I asked why the child was playing when he knew he wasn't well enough and the abuse I got was unbelievable, he actually put his face about an inch from mine and screamed a load of obscenities at me!!! Red mist! People were turning round and looking at him, I was shaking but I didn't budge, I just stood there calmly, looked him straight in the eyes and told him that if he continued to abuse me I would report him to the police!!!! I haven't heard a word from him since.
Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest.
Rant over......

Erratic, I'm very proud of your day 5, that is amazing, you have to keep it up now. I hope you had a good appointment with the alcohol person and I hope they help. You've got a very busy few days there, bet you can't wait to see Willem.

Suze, I'm glad you cancelled that appointment, she seems+ a bit of an odd bod somehow, I know it takes all sorts, but still. You have to do whats right for you.
P.S I'm a bit mad too.

Nichole it's quite normal to be feeling the way you feel, it's still early days yet but you're actually doing this. Don't give up, stick close and keep posting. The more sober days you reel in, the easier it gets. xx

I'm off to bed Now, goodnight all. xxx
Old 09-19-2019, 03:22 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Good morning all and as usual I hope you are all well, happy and sober. It's a beautiful morning again here and I'm just home after doing all my running about stuff. I'm going to have a coffee, do some housework and I need to phone my telephone people as my land line has been dead for a few days, I'm going to have it disconnected anyway as we always use our mobiles these days, it'll save some money.

Nichole, ((( ))) you're in my thoughts, I hope you are having a good day.

You too Erratic, I hope you are on day 6 and feeling good. Not long to wait now until you're off on your travels.

Hi Suze, have a good day lovely,

You too Viper, I hope all's going well with the car repairs.

Sleep well Dee.

Back later, have the best Thursday you can, much love to all of you. xxx
Old 09-19-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Running behind on time so I have to make this quick today is a total different mood which is why I’m learning not to drink on feeling because they are just temporary so happy to be still moving forward even if it’s baby steps
Daisy have a beautiful day
Erratic how are you
Viper and snitch hopefully all is good with y’all
Have a wonderful night Dee
Take care talk at y’all later enjoy this lovely day and be thankful for the little things
Old 09-19-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Wanted to post last night but was exhausted as had been clearing my front garden and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I've been put all morning too, I went to a meeting and then to see a friend, about to leave to pick Seren up from school and we have been invited for dinner by a mum of a girl in her class that she is friends with so that is nice. So I just wanted to pop by and say hi, thinking of you all super proud of you Nicole and I will post properly later.

​​​​​​​X X