# 481 (permalink)  

Thank you, Courage
Old 11-28-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 12-03-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hey! I'm finally feeling better -- that virus really knocked me out! -- and trying to catch up on a lot of work before the end of the semester. I woke up yesterday at 4 a.m. with an honest-to-god full blown panic attack! I don't recall ever having had one before -- lots of generalized anxiety, but not that.

I was just thinking now how much I appreciate all of you, and this thread. We may be moving slowly into quiescence, which is ok, or not -- that's ok too! But we are good old school -- we are the Insanity Survivors! and started out with the title: I will not drink/use today. A pretty good thing to remember.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Courage, glad you are feeling better, but I am so sorry about the panic attack at 4 am. You poor thing. I hope you are ok now. Love and peace to you! You are feeling better, this is the second great post of yours I've read.
I'm proud to be a part of this group, although I've only been sober for almost 2 years (not quite, but in a couple of months) I've been around here 6-7 years. I'm not quite the veteran, but I love this thread too and everyone here. ♥♥♥
Old 12-04-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad you are feeling better courage, but sorry about the panic attack!

Hiya Aly! I hope you are doing well! Almost two years sober is a huge deal! Don't diminish that accomplishment.

Life is super busy but far better for me than it was this fall. I love working so close to home. My new boss is super chill compared to my old boss, whom could never let the smallest of mistakes slide by without comment. It made for a perpetually stressful work environment.

Not really feeling the Christmas bug this year thus far, and it's already well into December. Guess I should think about putting up our tree soon. I enjoy digging out and hanging all the ornaments the kids have made over the years in school.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-04-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
p***enger

Glad to hear you sounding so well, stargazer
Old 12-04-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

And thank you, SG! ♥
Old 12-04-2019, 11:06 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
MrBrad

Super powerful

I gotta say that I do feel super powerful having overcome alcoholism.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Hey! I'm finally feeling better -- that virus really knocked me out! -- and trying to catch up on a lot of work before the end of the semester. I woke up yesterday at 4 a.m. with an honest-to-god full blown panic attack! I don't recall ever having had one before -- lots of generalized anxiety, but not that.

I was just thinking now how much I appreciate all of you, and this thread. We may be moving slowly into quiescence, which is ok, or not -- that's ok too! But we are good old school -- we are the Insanity Survivors! and started out with the title: I will not drink/use today. A pretty good thing to remember.
Just clicked on the old link. What a trip down memory lane seeing some old familiar names.

Day off but super busy running all of those pre Christmas holiday errands, as well as the usual laundry, shopping, etc. Not really feeling the holiday spirit thus far but a lifetime in retail tends to leave one jaded a bit. I just find the holidays to generally be exhausting in all ways. I don't know how I did this as an active drinker most of my life.

Courage, hope you are well and wrapping the semester up.

Aly, is it still raining lots out west?

Carlos, how is the new condo?

Best wishes all!
Old 12-10-2019, 11:41 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

I looked at that thread too. It looks great. I'm sorry I missed it. Great peeps! I was in some other threads at the time and I had to let a couple people go here as the relationships were becoming negative/codependent to me and some threads. But what is good for one person, may not be for another. But I feel I'm in a pretty good place at SR and I was proactive in getting there, once I got my head clear of alcohol and drugs. I love the things I learn from everyone too.♥
Now, I am happy to say, I stick to the threads I know are positive and supportive and I stick to the people who are positive and not trying to manipulate me 10 ways to Sunday! That can happen, but I'm really trying to let go of being or being in relationships with people who are quite codependent, even on SR. We all have our own stuff to deal with, codependency has always turned out to be extremely painful for me, so I really do what I can to avoid it, when I'm actually aware/conscious that it is going on.
Now, that my head is clear, I know where I need to be, sometimes, and who I can and can't have relationships/friendships with.
I really love this thread and all of you. The support and friendships I've made here, I love the posts, and the genuineness of all of you. (not even sure that's a word, but I think you all get it)
All my love to all of you!
Old 12-11-2019, 05:41 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
p***enger

This has been the most stressful year I've had since 2014. Thinking that, I remember that for many many years of hard drinking and drugs, my life was much much worse. I'm handling strains now, admitting my failures and flaws when I don't handle them well. At one time I didn't even feel like a human being, didn't know hope or care for others. My hard and mind were hard, and my body was just something to abuse. It's a great gift to have real emotions and an opportunity to be part of society.

Thank you POSTers. Honestly, you're the only people I confide in like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it's been stressful Courage - but I'm glad you have a place to vent

I hope next year will be better for you

D
Old 12-11-2019, 08:23 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks, Dee. I just ramble on when so tired! How're you?
Old 12-11-2019, 11:28 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Courage I hope things get better. Soon! ♥♥♥
Funny that you said that, this is one of a very few places that I feel I can be true and real here. It's nice.
Yay for the POSTers! Love and Peace to you all esp to anyone struggling or suffering.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:04 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Grappling with the heat but doing OK

D
Old 12-12-2019, 03:33 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Got an encouraging medical report from my brother last night about Mom. She got her stitches removed and the x-rays show that her leg is healing nicely. He also says that she's now more alert and is doing her physical therapy every day. She still has a long road ahead, but it's nice to get some good news. Looking forward to seeing her at Christmas.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
p***enger

What city are you in, Dee, if you don't mind my asking? I want to check your weather report I wish you a cool weekend.

FBL, I'm glad your mom is doing better. She must be a strong lady -- mending old bones is hard.

Aly, do you go to ARF today? Have a good one!
Old 12-12-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Awesome news, FBL! Must be a relief to know Mom is doing better, if not well!

Thank you, Cour! I went yesterday, the Thrift Store that supports people that need help with their animals, vet, food, etc. I think it's such a great cause and nice people work there. I work my tail off there! Next shift at ARF is tomorrow.

I'm am going through this horrible situation with some of my info got on the dark web and was sold to hackers all over the world. I'm just praying this guy from amazon whose helping me. I've gotten burned by these guys before and what he had me doing all day yesterday and I had and still have a really bad feeling. I could be out many thousands of dollars, which I can ill afford.
If you can, please send a good thought for me today that this gets straightened out.

Love you all! ♥♥♥
Old 12-12-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

next thread here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...post-10-a.html (The Power Of Sobriety Thread (POST!) #10)

D